Announcement

Collapse

FORUM POSTING RULES - Read before posting

Forum Rules.

(1) The guiding principle for posting in this forum is moderate yourselves.

(2) Don't write a post that attacks, impugns or denigrates another poster's character. There's an obvious difference between the language of humor and hateful, debased language. Know the difference and post accordingly.

(3) This is a Michigan sports forum. The forum welcomes posts from M's sports rivals. Talking smack, posting sass is what college sports rivalries are all about. Rules (1) and (2) above apply. If you don't want to view the posts of a rival talking smack or sassing, use the ignore feature in User Controls.

(4) This forum is about sharing thoughts, ideas and viewpoints about all sports, any number of subjects and issues, learning stuff from other posters and having fun. There are threads by subject matter within the forum for doing this. Keep the threads on point.

NB: The rules above are not intended to build a case to ban a poster. There are consequences for rule breaking as specified below. That's as far as it should go. Only the most egregious and persistent rule breaking would cause the moderators to consider a ban.

Due Process.

(1) The forum has 6 moderators. Jeff Buchanan, Jon, JD, Hannibal, Oracle, Entropy. None of them want to moderate adult posters who should know better. There may be posts that break the rules.

(2) Posters who, at the sole discretion of a moderator, break a rule will be given a warning post that will site one of the rules listed above as the reason for the deletion.

(3) If the rule breaking behavior continues, a moderator can remove an offending post and any ensuing post that whines about that action. If a moderator removes a post(s) the reason for the removal(s) will be posted with the removal notice that appears in the thread. This should be the end of it. Man up, take responsibility for breaking the rules. The forum moves on. If not, see below.

(4) A poster who has had a warning or a post(s) removed can certify a question by PM to any moderator about that action. Do not complain about the action or attempt to make your case in the forum/threads. Moderators shall do their best to address the question within 72h. At the end of 72h the majority opinion of the moderators responding will be the answer.

(5) Banning a poster for egregious and repeated rule breaking requires a unanimous vote to ban from all 6 moderators. We don't anticipate this will ever happen.
See more
See less

AA's PICK CONTEST

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not on the Thursday games for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by hack View Post
      Can I change my picks/values?
      Ohio State is off the board. But for anything else, sure - up until 10am Saturday. Just quote your original wager with the new stuff.
      "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

I figured everyone would be doing it with Florida suspending 10.
        "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Yeah.

Comment

Originally posted by hack View Post
            Michigan - $1500
            Alabama - $500
            ^This is my original. New version:

Michigan - $5000.
            Alabama - $500.

Comment

I'm a trend setter, that's what I am!!!
              #MAGA -
              Morons Are Governing America

Comment

F U BC & IB

Comment

Colorado returned like 3 starters on defense and held CSU to 3 points.

Gary Andersen's crew gave up 58. But hey, at least academic standards aren't preventing him from acquiring top-notch talent now.

Comment

B1G Michigan -3.5 vs Florida
                    SEC Alabama -6.5 vs FSU
                    ACC North Carolina -10.5 vs Cal
                    P12 Colorado -5.5 vs Colorado State (Fri)
                    B12 West Virginia +4.5 vs VaTech (Sun)
                    G-5 Northern Illinois +3.5 vs Boston College (Fri)
                    WC Ohio State -20.5 vs Indiana (Thurs)[/QUOTE]

Comment

Congrats to Ghengis. Fortune does favor the bold. Congrats to hack for the adjustment, too. Please double check my math. I will make a mistake.

Week 2 slate on the way.

Comment

And that, boys and girls, is why I don't gamble with real money
                        Clouds are clouds. Cows are cows. The Lions are the Lions .-Andrew Heller-

Comment

Week 2 Slate

ACC: Clemson -6.5 vs Auburn
                          SEC: Georgia +4.5 @Notre Dame
                          B1G: Penn State -19.5 vs Pitt
                          B12: Oklahoma +6.5 vs Ohio State
                          P12: USC -6.5 vs Stanford
                          G-5: Boise State +8.5 @Washington State
                          WC: Oregon -9.5 vs Nebraska

Comment

Originally posted by CGVT View Post
                            And that, boys and girls, is why I don't gamble with real money
                            Nah, you're in striking range. I have hosted a variant of this contest in real life for real dollars and you're good.

The fact that only two lost nominal amounts is kind of impressive.

Comment

Admin note: remember to get your picks in for week 2 before the deadline to avoid being autopicked.

Comment

ACC: Clemson -6.5 vs Auburn .... $500
                                B12: Oklahoma +6.5 vs Ohio State .... $500
                                P12: USC + 6.5 vs Stanford .....$500

AA, I think we're allowed to bet the dog to win v. the spread like I did with USC, right?
                                On Harbaugh's expectations for M football in 2015 (NFL NETWORK): We'd rather be about it than talk about it."

Comment

Working...
                                X