No announcement yet.

Michigan 36, Cincinnati 14

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Then again, since Harbaugh, I can't remember a Michigan QB that some pocket of people didn't bitch about. I guess it comes with the territory.

Comment

• Speight is the best M has, which probably isn't good enough to compete in the top 10 of CFB ... After Shane Morris, Hoke recruited Speight, Malzone then Harbaugh brought in John O'Korn, Zach Gentry & Brandon Peters. Dylan McCaffrey is a true freshman with Joe Milton following him...

None of the above has yet to show they are a capable backup let alone challenged Speight for the starting job.

Comment

• You don't think we can compete with Wisky, PAY or OSU?? Disagree.

Comment

• More playcalling as if the QB is good. Run it on second-and-5.

Comment

• I don't see Wisconsin as a top 10 team, regardless of their current ranking. They'll easily win 10 games in the B1G West however but lose in the B1G CG...

Speight's offense isn't executing near as well as last season, lots of inexperience and it takes just one bad play to kill a drive. Plenty of blame to share and it should be shared quite equally among the receivers, offensive line, play calling and Speight. M luckily has a schedule that builds up nicely till they play Penn State where they should be competitive. Lots of time to fix issues before then.

Comment

• Agree for the most part but I get a little concerned when year after year Meyer comes up with a QB who can lead his team to the promised land. I don't see that at all with Speight.

Comment

• Originally posted by *JD* View Post
                That's the thing that's very humorous. Is Speight great? Not really. Is he Nick Sherridan? Not at all. He's a Navarre-level guy.
                He's a "sophomore year Navarre" level guy. He can't even look good against cream puffs now and his game management stinks on top of it.
                Last edited by Hannibal; September 9, 2017, 06:42 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by WM Wolverine View Post
                  Plenty of blame to share and it should be shared quite equally among the receivers, offensive line, play calling and Speight. M luckily has a schedule that builds up nicely till they play Penn State where they should be competitive. Lots of time to fix issues before then.
                  Receivers are consistently making DBs look like fools and giving the QB huge windows to throw into. The first two games have both seen a receiver comically wide open for a deep TD and a bunch of wide open guys after that. It's not DPJ's fault that Speight air-mails the ball when he is blitheringly wide open. The play-calling is appropriate for what the QB is doing. I can't blame Harbaugh for not having confidence in his offense when he can't trust his QB to do Pop Warner level shit like hand the ball off to his running back. The OL is somewhat of a culprit but they have an excuse, having a bunch of new starters. With that said, the progress there is very unimpressive.
                  Last edited by Hannibal; September 9, 2017, 07:08 PM.

Comment

• Im up north and everyone knows he's garbage up here too!

Comment

• youd hate hornibrook if he played here too.

Comment

• not to mention speight is way better

Comment

• No I wouldn't, I didn't even hate Gardner. Or Nick Sheraton, or even Steven Threet for that matter, they were bad and everyone said so. Narvarre was forced into action, wasn't his fault and he caught a lot of heat, but did beat osu.

Comment

• FROM THE STANDS ......

Absolutely beautiful football weather and an uninspiring game that provided little confidence for getting past 9.5 wins.

This was one of those games where by the first 6 minutes of the 3rd quarter you got this sinking feeling that M was letting a less talented team hang around and snatch a win, which it is too frequently wont to do.

My sense is expectations for this game were too high from the fans, from the coaches and from the players. You could sense this after M quickly went up 14-0. The Bearcat's battled. They just got out talented in the end when it came to making big plays/scoring points.

I'd like to run a video compendium of the offense's (Speight's) good plays and his bad plays. It's never just one guy on the offense ..... you know this when you think about it. No need to hammer on Speight.

My sense is that the offense had more good plays than bad but the bad stand out. That's because they seem to occur at critical junctures in a drive or in the game. They seem to be rhythm destroying, momentum crushing mistakes ..... drive killers as we know them.

So, on offense M can run the ball, it can play great defense, I mean GREAT D. It can also make mistakes on special teams that elite teams competing for championships don't make; It's QB can make NFL quality reads and throws and then derf easy throws to open receivers, fumble hand-offs and snaps. Drive killing dumb ass shit. Game changing dumb ass shit.

M isn't going to get away this on the road or against quality opponents and Cinncinati was not a quality opponent and that is why M got away with it and won this one..... and there is not a whole lot more to say about this win.
                            Last edited by Jeff Buchanan; September 9, 2017, 09:32 PM.
                            Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• And you clown think Wilton is good QB LMAO

thanks for a laugh, I need that

Comment

• Speight simply sucks ... wildly inconsistent is unacceptable in a QB of a good team. You can't blame young inexperienced WR's when Speight airmails the ball at key times.
                                Unfortunately, as many have noted, JH has failed to develop anyone better, and that is on him.
                                As for critique of the play-calling --- i.e. why not run when it is 2nd and 5, etc ... I think throwing is the right answer. Sure we can pick up a first down on the ground, but if we have any hope of getting Speight to improve, using these creampuffs (i.e. the Fickell's) is the best chance.

Anyways, overall a very disappointing day that doesn't bode well for the rest of the year. In contrast, Sparty seems to have erased the bad memories of last year and are playing good ball.

Comment

Working...
                                X