No announcement yet.

MSU @ Michigan 10/7/17, 7:30 ET. ABC/ESPN/ESPNGo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm not averse to trying anyone at this point. Neither OKorn or Speight can throw with any accuracy out of the pocket. If Harbaugh can't find one guy that can do that who the hell is he coaching?

Peters doesn't have a redshirt to burn. What's he going to do? Turn it over? Take sacks?
    Last edited by Kstat; October 7, 2017, 11:17 PM.

Comment

• Good luck finding a better coach in this market.

Comment

• No ones looking for one, or even suggested it.

Comment

• If they go 8-4 with arguably the top defense in the nation I have to question just how good he is.

Obviously they can't afford to fire him with his contract but the standard the money set for him was better than this. Way better.

Comment

• O'Korn didn't get any help from his offensive line or receivers... Lots of critical drops, no time to throw...

Sparty needed all five turnovers, penalties, big plays, and bad calls to go in their favor.

Comment

• O'Korn also chose to make awful decisions and tuck his head and run even when he had adequate blocking.

Comment

• 6-4 last 10 games, easily could go 4-4 the rest of this year. Psu, wisconsin, osu and bowl loss.

1-4 vs osu and Sparty soon to be 1-5 Shine is wearing off Harbaugh
                Last edited by WingsFan; October 8, 2017, 02:09 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by WingsFan View Post
                  Kicked a FG not exactly gangbusters. Drevno needs to go I have seen enough, not all JOK fault. Issac should never see the field again.
                  Couldn't agree with you more!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
                    The loss shouldn't be that surprising. Teams don't win with 5 turnovers. Not that hard to dissect. I'm hopeful Brian won't do a UFR. No reason.

I didn't see any of it except the last desperation posession. Glad I didn't and actually enjoyed my wife's grandson's wedding.

M is headed for 4 losses.....a record that sensible fans expected this season. What everyone of us did not expect is Harbaugh going 1-4, likely 1-5 after osu v. M's rivals.

I think M will survive Bloomington next weekend but fall to PSU in HV for their second loss. M returns to Ann Arbor and beats the Gophers and looses 2 of their next 3 to end the season 8-4.

I think we now know why Speight started. I think O'Korn will be ok though he'll be on a tight leash. Don't lose any sleep over this loss. Young team, shakey QBs, shit happens.
                    Fully agree with your analysis. However, my worst fears are becoming becoming a reality. Harbaugh is not in the same league as Urban Meyer or even Dantanio. Will we ever compete for a championship with him at the helm?

Comment

• You have a RT, no matter who it is, that can't block B10 caliber DEs. That's a problem. The rest of the OL is ok-ish, but that spot is brutal. It can wreck an offense -- and I speak from experience watching PSU sprint by Isaiah Prince last year, and Sparty do the same in 2015.

There are other issues, of course, but personnel-wise, that's a pretty big one, IMO.
                      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                        You have a RT, no matter who it is, that can't block B10 caliber DEs. That's a problem. The rest of the OL is ok-ish, but that spot is brutal. It can wreck an offense -- and I speak from experience watching PSU sprint by Isaiah Prince last year, and Sparty do the same in 2015.

There are other issues, of course, but personnel-wise, that's a pretty big one, IMO.
                        Correct.

....... and we go back to the issue of how the offensive line pipeline needs to work. 5y is a bit much, I agree but 4y isn't. OK, 3y, maybe, unless you're recruiting "hot garbage" which it appears M has been doing under Harbaugh.

We can't blame Hoke anymore. We really shouldn't keep leaning on the loss of Grant Newsome as the reasons behind the collective OL issue either.

If I'm correct, I think DJ Durkin was in on most of the OL recruits. I don't know how that plays or if it even does. That M seems to keep losing out on top OL prospects is a bit curious and troublesome. Do these youngsters and their handlers know something that we don't?
                        Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Yes, RT is an issue. But I think most of us think it points to larger issues with the staff. A lot of money is being spent on the staff, and it hasn't delivered. 1-4 (soon to be 1-5) against the 2 main rivals, finishing 3rd in the division, etc., and regression, no improvement on offense. A ceiling of 8-4 in year 3. Losses to Wisconsin, PSU and OSU likely. No marque wins. This is not what we thought we'd get when we bought Harbaugh.

Comment

• Uhhh maybe wait until the season ends to start skewering Harbaugh? They may or may not lose to Wis PSU and OSU. I'd even argue a loss to Wiscy and PSU with a win over OSU salvages the season. That doesn't sound that good now but let me know how you feel after an OSU win. I wish Drevno was a better everything....recruiter, coordinator, OL coach yada yada yada. I can see Harbaugh making some changes with assistant coaches if this seasons goes to the shitter.

I have to say this though, Mo Hurst is absolutely NFL caliber. Aaron Donald-esque. What a bad ass.
                            Monkeys don't sell bananas.

Comment

• So, fine, we're disappointed. But let's not overreact. The staff can only do so much. They weren't out there turning the ball over 5X with drive killing fumbles and INTs.

Play calling in the second half? Maybe and JH said as much but O'Korn had it right when he said, "you have to execute the play calls in any kind of weather, we didn't."

If there is a coaching issue on the offensive side of the ball, it's a small percentage of the problem's on offense with OL execution, communications, young receivers and QB problems predominating.

Pretty sure Harbaugh saw the issues, both existent and potential, with the OL last season and hired Greg Frey. I'm also pretty sure he can identify any issues that are present with how the offensive staff are interacting, and I suspect there are some issues here as others have opined.

But, whatever the problems are, it's way too early and a long way to go before fans start talking about firing coaches.
                              Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• The interceptions didn't really "kill" drives -- they were already dead. I think 2 of them came on 3rd down and other on a long 2nd down, and M wasn't converting a long 3rd down at all. The interceptions did give Sparty excellent field position, but they could do nothing with it.

So, I mean, to extent anyone is suggesting the interceptions stymied the offense -- meh -- the offense was pretty well stymied. It was only a question of whether Sparty would get the ball via a punt or TO.
                                Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                                Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

Working...
                                X