No announcement yet.

MSU @ Michigan 10/7/17, 7:30 ET. ABC/ESPN/ESPNGo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We've beaten the dead horse of bad OL to death ....... useful but I'm done.

Here's what we need to see v. MSU:

The OL dealing with the double A-Gap blitz that MSU is famous for. This was handled really well last year ...... new OL though and this is a good indicator of whether or not improvement is actually being made.

No sacks attributable to unblocked, free rushers ..... these are flat out killers and they are, without question, because somebody on the OL missed an assignment based on the line call or the line call was wrong. While we can't know which one we can be 99% sure it was because of messed up communication.

No TFLs. Also a good indicator of players getting porperly coached up and being able to turn that into improved performance.

Stunts, slants and twists picked up either by the OL handling these or, in some cases, by a RB (when one is back there) seeing it coming and filling the gap to which these moves are being made.
    Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

Yet another topic the forum moderator would prefer we did not discuss. Jeff, just shut down the forum. Or maybe open it just for 3 hours a day or something.

Comment

Listened to Marcus Ray today. He said MSU doesn't really use the double A-Gap blitz anymore. I'm sure that whatever they do our young O-line will be confused. This game could come down to the legs of both quarterbacks. The question is: do you spy Lewerke with Bush, or not?
        I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

You let Devin Bush attack of course and spy with someone else.

Comment

You let him do both since Bush is like Schroedinger's Cat and he can be in two places at once or something.

Comment

I endorse deploying a spy against Lewerke.

Comment

I fully endorse Bush being like Schroedinger's Cat.

Comment

Originally posted by WM Wolverine View Post
                  You let Devin Bush attack of course and spy with someone else.
                  Surely not McCray.
                  I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

I don't know that Lewerke's proved worthy of that.

Comment

I was thinking Metellus but Kinnel probably could too.

Comment

It's looking like the spread is probably pretty good - 10 points or so.

The defense will be fine v. MSU's offense. The difference is going to be how well M's offense goes.

If it struggles, and I think it will, this is going to be a classic battle of field position, STs and who provides the opponent with the most scoring opportunities with turn overs.

My sense is that we are going to be disappointed with O'Korn.
                        Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

31-0, Michigan wins. O'Korn will be excellent.

Comment

Two weeks to prepare. I think a conservative game plan is appropriate.

Comment

O'Korn was excellent against Purdue, especially in the 2nd half when he was allowed to show his stuff. So he's hot / confident. Now he's going into the biggest game of his life. He'll be focused and ready to go, with the better athletes and home crowd on his side.

Comment

And it's worth mentioning that Harbaugh is not an idiot. Michigan will take what MSU gives them, which will be quite a lot, if not manball dominance.

If "conservative" means trying to run into stacked fronts and Harbaugh calls conservative plays like he did in first half against Purdue, then we could indeed lose. But Harbaugh is not an idiot. I heard him on radio today saying Michigan looks for 50/50 run pass balance. We beat Florida by running on 3rd down. Upset the opponent's expectations and blow 'em out.

Comment

Working...
                                X