X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This will not be a blow out.
    Atlanta, GA

Comment

M isn't good enough offensively to blow anyone out.

Comment

It never is these days.

Comment

English please!

Comment

Or maybe just delete/ban right away

Comment

Originally posted by WM Wolverine View Post
              English please!
              It's gone.
              "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

It's gone ..... hope no one opened any of those links!!!
                Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

It's such a delight to have DetroitDan around.:smile:
                  Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

Originally posted by WM Wolverine View Post
                    I was thinking Metellus but Kinnel probably could too.
                    I wouldn't use a safety. Bush would be the guy, but you don't want to slow down his pass rush either.
                    I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

Trend vs dual-threat QB's is defensive coordinators (in college & HS) use safeties brought up as a 4th linebacker to spy quarterbacks; Hudson, Metellus, Kinnel; any of them are capable. Brown is too aggressive to deploy a spy, I doubt he uses one Saturday against Sparty.

Comment

I agree - no spy on Lewreke. If you watch how the defense deploys at the snap, the positioning of the LBs and Ss, almost used interchangeably, is really nicely disciplined.

I've never seen an M Defense with this much speed both out of the DTs/DEs and the LBs/Ss. Lewerek's runs materialize, as far as I can tell, from pass coverage he doesn't like. He's good at that it appears and quick to decide. If he doesn't like what he sees setting up, the run for him is one of his check-downs.

M's pursuit though is awfully good - backside DEs, blitzing LBs or Ss are going to track down a QB who's bailing probably 90% of the time.
                        Last edited by Jeff Buchanan; October 5, 2017, 01:42 PM.

Comment

It's not like he's killing teams with his feet.

Comment

Originally posted by WingsFan View Post
                            Michigan must admit Michigan State is its biggest football rival

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/un...lry/724971001/
                            They were 3rd, behind ND but the last 10 years have moved them up to (fittingly) #2.

Comment

Sparty is getting a lot of love for the upset. I just hope JOK is not to 'amped up' as they say for the game

Comment

So, Lewerke is pretty good. MSU has shown what amounts to a lot of RPO (Run Pass Option) for Lewerke.

My bet is that when JOK came in at Purdue, he had that option mainly because, it's easy and he was probably running it with the Scout team. It's a good concept and a lot of teams are using it.

My guess is that Dantonio will switch that up. There's going to be some 4 wide (something MSU hasn't shown) and they'll try to run LJ Scott from it (he's averaging a pitiful 3.8ypc). Dantonio will also throw in some TE/RB screens that are perfect against an aggressive 3-3-5 Stack like Brown runs and m has shown some vulnerability to.

But I'll bet old Don has been in his basement cooking up some stuff that is going to confuse the shit out of Lewerke who will be looking for one thing and finding out that what is there is nothing he's ever seen before. Meanwhile, he'll be getting a nice welcoming form Bush or Hurst whoever happens to get to him.

Anyway, it's going to be a fun game to watch .... as long as you can detach yourself (yeah, right). Analytics strongly favors M by 14.5 (that's using S&P+ and all of Connelly's stuff shades to M). So, I picked them (duh).

It's going to be a huge disappointment if M continues to struggle in the run game after the bye. If that happens, I think JOK is going to have a tough go at it. I will be pissed.

OTH if M runs well and wins convincingly by closing out the game in the 4th with a dominating run game, M fans will be talking NC and that is just so wrong on so many levels.

Comment

Working...
                                X