No announcement yet.

MSU @ Michigan 10/7/17, 7:30 ET. ABC/ESPN/ESPNGo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's Sparty's Super Bowl. While Michigan is denying Sparty is their biggest rival, the boys in green think about beating the Wolverines 24/7. Michigan rarely plays well in this game because they don't approach it the same as they do against OSU and ND.

Wind, rain, and a backup quarterback make this game a toss-up. I had a dream nearly two weeks ago. The final score was 28 - 7 MSU. Maybe O'Korn has a few turnovers?
    I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Actually, there are generally more important games. The Big Ten championship for example.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
        Wind is going to be a major factor tonight. SE Michigan is an extremely difficult place to forecast so I've not paid much attention to them. Right now it's pretty solid.

An approaching front will rapidly push into SE Michigan approaching Ann Arbor around 8pm. Winds will increase throughout the afternoon to hold steady at 20mph. By 8p or a bit later, there will be gusts to 40mph.

The kicking game is dramatically affected by this followed by deep passing attempts. If this game devolves into two teams trying to run, neither of them being very good at it, any advantage M had going into this game, disappears.

Hard to predict the impact of these winds but an over/under of 20 is not too far fetched. This certainly favors MSU.
        If there's lightning, we could all be in for a long and/or disappointing night.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
          Actually, there are generally more important games. The Big Ten championship for example.
          I think that game has stopped being important since the 2000 season. Everything is foggy and grey after that.
          I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• WX update: all the services are now pushing back frontal passage. There are usually pre-frontal showers and T-storms with cold fronts. Think of a wedge shaped like a plane. This is a warm front coming up from the SW. There's a leading edge opposite that of a cold front.

In this case, hi level atmospheric instability occurs after frontal passage. i.e. later and sometime after 11p. Rain may not become an issue until then. However, the pressure gradient out front of the warm front is tightening as we speak increasing sustained winds. These are in the teens now with occasional gusts above that.

Reportedly, this is going to hold until well into the 4th. 15-20mph winds are tolerable. These won't shut down a passing game like up to 40 previously forecasted will. So, forecasted winds are down and rain is probably going to hold off. I think if this fcst holds the game outcome shifts a bit back to favor M.

Still, fans can expect a battle for all the historic reasons we know. Our confidence tends to wane in the face of it. The players don't even think about it. They are confident and will play that way.
            Last edited by Jeff Buchanan; October 7, 2017, 11:38 AM.
            There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
              WX update: all the services are now pushing back frontal passage. There are usually pre-frontal showers and T-storms with cold fronts. Think of a wedge shaped like a plane. This is a warm front coming up from the SW. There's a leading edge opposite that of a cold front.

In this case, hi level atmospheric instability occurs after frontal passage. i.e. later and sometime after 11p. Rain may not become an issue until then. However, the pressure gradient out front of the warm front is tightening as we speak increasing sustained winds. These are in the teens now with occasional gusts above that.

Reportedly, this is going to hold until well into the 4th. 15-20mph winds are tolerable. These won't shut down a passing game like up to 40 previously forecasted will. So, forecasted winds are down and rain is probably going to hold off. I think if this fcst holds the game outcome shifts a bit back to favor M.

Still, fans can expect a battle for all the historic reasons we know. Our confidence tends to wane in the face of it. The players don't even think about it. They are confident and will play that way.
              So...is it going to rain?

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Comment

• 70% chance of thunderstorms at 9 p.m. 90% thunderstorms at 10 p.m.

The rain is expected to continue through 11 p.m. before tapering off.

Comment

• I have a lot more confidence in a UM win with O'Korn at the helm. Neither team will score much and unless UM is on the minus side of the ledger with turnovers they will win by single digits.

Comment

• If Speight played in this game, I'm unsure if M's offensive line or Sparty's cheap shots would've gotten him hurt.

Comment

• With this weather, and this offensive line, I'm not all that confident about anything concerning this game.

Comment

• And the wind is crazy swirling , this can only favor Sparty

Comment

• I don't see it that way. Why do they get an advantage out of the weather?

Comment

• Wind and rain sure to nullify M's Air Coryell attack.
                            Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                            Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by WingsFan View Post
                              And the wind is crazy swirling , this can only favor Sparty
                              Oh ye of little faith. I disagree. Lewerke is untested on a stage like this and he most certainly has not faced a defense like this. If the turnover margin is breakeven UM wins by at least 3 points. If UM is on the plus side of the ledger, it could be double digits.

Comment

• Oh yeah the cheap shots, ha ha

Comment

Working...
                                X