MSU @ Michigan 10/7/17, 7:30 ET. ABC/ESPN/ESPNGo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MSU @ Michigan 10/7/17, 7:30 ET. ABC/ESPN/ESPNGo

People I know think this is going to be a night game. There are four BIG games that remain TBA with respect to broadcast times (Illinois @ Indiana, Maryland @ osu, Minny @ Purdue, Wisky @ Neb). There's a slew of other games involving top 25 teams that are also not yet scheduled. So, we'll see.

In any case, MSU is a bit better than last year but not much. MSU fans looking for a silver lining in the home beat down they just received from a not great ND team are saying but, but ....... "we out gained ND." OK.

The defense is aggressive and gets penetration up front but middling to not good behind that. Lewerke has potential, I guess. That's the hot takes. I've watched smatterings of every game MSU has played. Both teams, I mean M and MSU, have exploitable weaknesses. I think M has less of them than MSU. So, take that for what it's worth.
    There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Michigan's Oct. 7 home game against rival Michigan State will kick at 7:30 p.m. and be televised on ABC.

Comment

I never thought I would say this, but what a relief that it's on a Disney network and not Fox.

Because the Fox Toledo affiliate got dropped from my DirecTV package. Shucks, I guess I'm just not paying enough for it.

Comment

CBS is off DTV in Columbus. That means no SEC game nor most Browns/Bengals NFL games. So, you know, small loss/big win.

Usually it's resolved quickly, but it's been several weeks now. Oh well. It's off topic, but, meh, you have a bye week. So, everything is on topic?
        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

Toldeo is going to burn like Ferguson, MO if the Buckeyes have another game on Fox before that network is back.

Comment

Oh, they didn't go off before OU? That would have been ballsy. OSU-M is on FOX, I think. I hope the network is still off DTV. A smoldering Toledo can only help the State.

Comment

They went off at midnight Friday night/Saturday morning. I hadn't heard that it was potentially coming.

I'm inching ever closer to dropping DirecTV, although I'm not sure if there is a package that will allow me to get all of the sports channels that I will need. From what little research that I have done about "cutting the cord", it seems like it's still only a viable solution for people who don't care whether they can watch live sports.

Comment

I'm starting to hate DTV.

Comment

I don't think that it's a coincidence that it coincides with AT&T's ownership. They apparently got tired of getting their ass kicked by satellite so they decided to buy a company.

Comment

I almost wish I was a millenial cord-cutter. DTV is so not worth it, but, sports. That, and douche beards and cuffed skinny jeans will soon find their places in the pantheon of atrocities next to perms, leg warmers and string head bands.

Comment

Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                      I almost wish I was a millenial cord-cutter. DTV is so not worth it, but, sports. That, and douche beards and cuffed skinny jeans will soon find their places in the pantheon of atrocities next to perms, leg warmers and string head bands.
                      I keep DTV for the same reason. Sunday Ticket mostly. If I didn't have DTV, I would have to pay to use the sports channel apps that I use on my tablet or firestick. By the time I got everything that I would want to have, I would probably be paying the same price as I do now, have less convenience and no Sunday Ticket.
                      I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

The Bye, 9/30/17 & MSU @ Michigan 10/7/17, 7:30 ET. ABC/ESPN/ESPNGo

Get an antenna and a cheap sling subscription then put a $59 Roku box on each TV. Screw the old cable/satellite monopoly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        Atlanta, GA

Comment

I can't get anything with rabbit ears where I live. I would need to get a big old style antenna installed on top of my house. If you are a big Michigan fan then you need BTN, Fox, and all of the Disney stuff, at a minimum too.

The fundamental economic problem at work is that sports leagues have figured out that we're junkies who will pay pretty much anything for a fix. They'll probably always find a way to fleece us, but the generations that follow us won't be as willing.

Comment

Originally posted by whodean View Post
                            Get an antenna and a cheap sling subscription then put a $59 Roku box on each TV. Screw the old cable/satellite monopoly.

With Roku, don't you still have to pay for the subscriptions?

If so, that could add up in hurry.
                            I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

Originally posted by CGVT View Post
                              With Roku, don't you still have to pay for the subscriptions?

If so, that could add up in hurry.

You have to pay like $30/month for Sling that includes ESPN. You get your locals in crystal clear high def with an antenna and a networked tuner. Still need to buy your data from the monopoly though.

Atlanta, GA

Comment

Working...
                              X