No announcement yet.

Michigan @ PSU, 10/21/17, 7:30p Eastern, ABC/Stream Watch ESPN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Penn St with one penalty called against them all game. Disciplined team.
    AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post
      Penn St with one penalty called against them all game. Disciplined team.
      It's easy when they don't call holding on you

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Comment

• A bit of both. They were certainly dialled in. But that first big pass play of theirs was pretty egregious on Gary. Big impact non-flag there.

Comment

• Winovich was held on a big third down pass play where he would've got in there.

Comment

• Yes, that one too.

Comment

• Originally posted by drok View Post
              It's easy when they don't call holding on you
              Jokingly saying just ?disciplined team.?

Originally posted by hack View Post
              A bit of both. They were certainly dialled in. But that first big pass play of theirs was pretty egregious on Gary. Big impact non-flag there.
              Exactly, combination of both. It did appear Penn St got away with a few holds.
              AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

M has a bye week next.
                Plenty of time to recover.
                Nope. M plays Rutgers in AA next weekend.

Didn't expect a win to start with and especially once the over/under got to be > 40. M's only chance was to keep PSU under 17.

Loss a little bit worse than expected because Moorehead, PSU's OC, did a great job of exploiting M's weaknesses at S with smart match-ups - maybe better than any OC I've seen in all FBS games I've watched.

Credit to McSorley and Barkley too both with great games.

I thought O'Korn played well and the play calls were what he does well with. Aside from holding on to the ball too long and taking sacks, he threw some decent balls. His receivers were about 40/60 catches/drops. Don't have a count but at a critical point O'Korn threw 3 catchable balls that got dropped. The O was also hurt by bad penalties - all deserved from my standpoint (I agree I saw a couple PSU holds that got missed but this loss had nothing to do with bad refs).

Bottom line this team was and remains a likely 8-4 team. I don't think M's defense has really been challenged by a great offense and it showed. They'll correctly drop out of the top 5 Ds after this game. M will drop out of the Top 25 as well.

PSU is legitimate with the offense they run and how it's executed. I think they'll give osu a game in the shoe, easily beat MSU and cruise to the East Division Crown if they manage a win over osu. So, in the East, it looks like an osu/PSU contest.

Wisky is a lot like M; expect PSU to beat them in the CCG and grab a spot in the play-offs. The way they looked tonight v. M's D gives them a chance v. Alabama I would think, if they get that far and continue to play the way they did tonight.
                There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

• I liked letting JOK use his legs a bit. That was probably the best passing attack we'll see all year, so, sure. Frustrating that they couldn't tamp down that matchup problem in the second tho. But it's OK that the defense isn't as good as last year's. To be expected.

LaVert Hill, if he ever gets stronger, is going to be a great run-support corner as well as serious cover guy.

Comment

• Next three should be wins, then Wisconsin who is beatable but were on the road.

Comment

• Ok, I'll say it because no one else is or wants to admit it. Harbaugh was brought here to compete for championships. He's a bust.

Comment

• Youngest and most inexperienced team in CFB... We lost our starting quarterback to injury too...

Team isn't as good as they were last season, which isn't surprising given how many second year players are starting. We also played the #2 team in the country yesterday, they are pretty good and Michigan isn't.

Should just be a 1-year blip as M will return most everyone but Hurst, McCray, Cole as starters... 10 wins next season? I'll take the over.

Comment

• Fingers crossed that McCaffrey will beat out Speight in 2018. Otherwise, to a lesser extent, we will be dealing with the same shit next season. Lesser as in everything around the QB should be better in 2018. Most of the o-line will be back. All of the skills players, excluding Isaac, will be back. Speight can be ok if everything around him is serviceable like in 2016. From an individual perspective, I feel like M reaches a low ceiling with Speight at QB though.
                          Still plenty to play for this season. M will be 8-2 with a shot to knock off Wisconsin. Honestly, biggest thing that matters is beating OSU.

Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
                          Nope. M plays Rutgers in AA next weekend.
                          “Rutgers” translates to “bye week” in French, FYI.
                          AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

.......?Rutgers? translates to ?bye week? in French, FYI.
                            Right ...... my literal take on most everything got in the way of that.
                            There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

• Wanted to demote this thread to limit it's stink and move on.

Comment

• Originally posted by Detroit Dan View Post
                                Sobering season so far. Passing game has been most disappointing. Way too conservative from day one. Better tonight. Future is bright if Harbaugh learns from mistakes.
                                Is it more difficult to coach in college due to the transient nature of the players? At least in the NFL a coach can build his own team and not deal with losing his senior class of good players.
                                "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

Working...
                                X