Michigan @ Maryland, Saturday, 11/11/17 3:30 EST, BTN/Stream BT2GO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post
    I don't wear undies...just ask your wife...
    He did and his wife can't stop laughing.
    "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

I'd like to see a good huge blowout this weekend. it's our last chance and we haven't had one yet. If we don't, then this will be our first season without a 30+ point win since 2008.

Comment

What an odd stat

Comment

Unless favored in bowl game, this will be the last game we will be favored in till next years Western Michigan game.

Comment

Advanced Stats (link below) portends a 10.4 point win margin for M at Maryland.

Not a clean seep in all the metrics but close.

Michigan should have great success running the ball but if ever you'd want a game where Peters can spread his wings and throw the ball this is it. Maryland's pass rush is well below average which, if M's OL can stand up well, gives Peters an opportunity to survey the field and connect with his receivers. The implication is that "it will be on tape" and future opponents will have to respect the downfield passing threat in scheming Michigan defensively.

On defense, Maryland holds an overall advantage in explosiveness (their offense is good at explosive plays, M's D gives up explosive plays). We should expect that Maryland will get some of these type plays so don't throw bricks at the TV when this happens or be pissed off that Brown's boys couldn't pitch a shut-out. In the end, and the overall analytics support this, M will win comfortably.

Last edited by Jeff Buchanan; November 9, 2017, 07:17 AM.
            There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

is Walker still limping or is he good to go?
              If you keep shootin, you can turn any piece of meat into burger

Comment

Nick Baumgardner reported on November 4th that Walker would be available to play against Minnesota. He didn't play last Saturday and nothing has been reported about his status since then.

I suspect he's available but if he's got that sort of nagging ankle injury, there's no need to play him. If he plays, he's going to be #4 on the depth chart behind Higdon, Isaac (if he's ok)/Evans. Omary Samuels is more likely to get some snaps if M gets a big lead unless Walker is truly healed and has been practicing.
                There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

Onwenu and Isaac probably won't play per IMG radio injury report. Crawford is not on the field.

Both Maryland QBs (the schlager guy and the guy from AF) both warmed up.

Comment

Maryland DB looked like a Sparty with that pass defense.

Comment

Again, back to back plays with no pass interference. That time Grant Perry the receiver. Don't call it, they'll continue to do it.

Comment

Two potential PI calls missed.
                        I honestly prefer football played this way... just means they better officiate like that both ways. No bullshit PI call vs David Long this next drive.
                        AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

Those PIs were obvious. I prefer they be called.

Comment

Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post
                            Two potential PI calls missed.
                            I honestly prefer football played this way... just means they better officiate like that both ways. No bullshit PI call vs David Long this next drive.
                            They won't officiate it that way both ways. I guarantee you we'll get totally fucked like we always do. They won't call holding on the Maryland OL either.

I didn't have a huge issue with the no-call on Grant Perry but the missed one on DPJ was awful. TBF it was a horrible throw too though. Can't miss that one.

Onwenu out again today.
                            Last edited by Hannibal; November 11, 2017, 03:55 PM.

Comment

Can't tackle the receiver before he touches the ball when they are that far open.

Comment

I wonder why Khalid Hill has almost completely disappeared as the goal line/short yardage guy this year. Dude was money last year.

Nice plunge by Poggi for the TD there though.

Comment

Working...
                                X