Announcement

Collapse

FORUM POSTING RULES - Read before posting

Forum Rules.

(1) The guiding principle for posting in this forum is moderate yourselves.

(2) Don't write a post that attacks, impugns or denigrates another poster's character. There's an obvious difference between the language of humor and hateful, debased language. Know the difference and post accordingly.

(3) This is a Michigan sports forum. The forum welcomes posts from M's sports rivals. Talking smack, posting sass is what college sports rivalries are all about. Rules (1) and (2) above apply. If you don't want to view the posts of a rival talking smack or sassing, use the ignore feature in User Controls.

(4) This forum is about sharing thoughts, ideas and viewpoints about all sports, any number of subjects and issues, learning stuff from other posters and having fun. There are threads by subject matter within the forum for doing this. Keep the threads on point.

NB: The rules above are not intended to build a case to ban a poster. There are consequences for rule breaking as specified below. That's as far as it should go. Only the most egregious and persistent rule breaking would cause the moderators to consider a ban.

Due Process.

(1) The forum has 6 moderators. Jeff Buchanan, Jon, JD, Hannibal, Oracle, Entropy. None of them want to moderate adult posters who should know better. There may be posts that break the rules.

(2) Posters who, at the sole discretion of a moderator, break a rule will be given a warning post that will site one of the rules listed above as the reason for the deletion.

(3) If the rule breaking behavior continues, a moderator can remove an offending post and any ensuing post that whines about that action. If a moderator removes a post(s) the reason for the removal(s) will be posted with the removal notice that appears in the thread. This should be the end of it. Man up, take responsibility for breaking the rules. The forum moves on. If not, see below.

(4) A poster who has had a warning or a post(s) removed can certify a question by PM to any moderator about that action. Do not complain about the action or attempt to make your case in the forum/threads. Moderators shall do their best to address the question within 72h. At the end of 72h the majority opinion of the moderators responding will be the answer.

(5) Banning a poster for egregious and repeated rule breaking requires a unanimous vote to ban from all 6 moderators. We don't anticipate this will ever happen.
See more
See less

Michigan v. South Carolina, Outback Bowl, Tampa, FL, 01/01/18, Noon, ?ESPN2 (TBD)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The SEC was already getting a team into the BCS title game every year before the 4-team format, and in 2011, they got both of them. I guess my point is that they didn't block the 4 team playoff, so they probably wouldn't block the 8 (and then 16). More and more people will call for a bigger format as the NIT games continue to decline in luster. I think that it was talent who referred to the Rose Bowl is just a "venue". He is right about that. It's true about all of them. There is as much charm to "Cotton", "Orange", "Peach", and "Sugar" now as there is for which stadium is hosting the NCAA tourney regionals.

Comment

Correct ...... I asked this question somewhere here yesterday. What are the CFP games worth and how much is the BIG actually loosing by rolling over when they get squeezed out?

I've got a feeling that calculation has already been made and the BIG and probably the PAC12 don't care.
      On Harbaugh's expectations for M football in 2015 (NFL NETWORK): We'd rather be about it than talk about it."

Comment

Interesting read here...

https://www.forbes.com/sites/bdavidr.../#1b30e7e4e1af
        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Haha, lol. Nobody's fooled. We all know you can't read.

Comment

If Black can't go then he can't go, but preserving a redshirt for him would be dumb since he's probably not going to stick around for five years.
            EFZ
            Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
            Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

Originally posted by iam416 View Post
              EFZ
              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Just going back, earlier in the season when Tarik [Black] got injured you had mentioned that he might be a go for bowl practices. Wondering if that’s still an option [and] what Tarik Black’s status is?
                That was Adam Biggers asking the question. lol Harbaugh made it clear 3 times, he is 'leaning' on not playing Black to save his medredshirt. As pointed out if he leaves early whats it matter?

Comment

Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                  As much as the fans care, Delaney cares about the bottom line. Kind of the same thing with the Pac 12. You don't see the SEC with two major TV deals with seperate networks. If losing the odd spot in the CFP actually hurt the bottom line, you would see a big response.
                  I think the SEC gets the most TV dollars. But I agree, the cfb doesn't impact that much.
                  "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Patterson is expected to visit Michigan this upcoming weekend (Dec. 9) and attend the Michigan-UCLA basketball game

Comment

I think the SEC gets the most TV dollars. But I agree, the cfb doesn't impact that much.
                      Yeah, the B10 was operating under 10-yr old TV contract up until this year. They did a new deal this summer. http://www.dispatch.com/sports/20170...over-six-years

I think that puts them ahead of the SEC, though the difference between the B10 and SEC doesn't really matter. It's the difference between those 2 and the other 3 that's enormous.

I also think the SEC is locked in for a long time. This deal is only 6 years. I think the B10 may actually do two more deals before the current SEC deal expires.

Comment

Oh, didn't know that you had inked that.

I don't think we're eligible for a re-negotiation until 2023. Crazy dollars.
                        "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

I think that's the CBS deal. The big dog ESPN deal isn't up until the 2030s. Which may be good if TV rights flat line or fall.

Comment

It was my understanding that re-ne's were both set to expire within 4 months of each other (on purpose). I could be wrong and too lazy to research/don't really care. The member-school payoff comparisons will be interesting. But you're correct: SEC & B1G. >>>>> everyone else.

Comment

Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
                              If Black can't go then he can't go, but preserving a redshirt for him would be dumb since he's probably not going to stick around for five years.
                              And if he re-injures his foot in a meaningless game? All he'd be doing is running around and blocking. Game means nothing. Sparty can have it.
                              I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

Muschamp fired his OC.

http://www.espn.com/college-football...tor-kurt-roper

Comment

Working...
                                X