X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alabama = Home of ex Michigan State coaches

Comment

• Wingsfan,

Bobby Williams is still employed by Bama, but not as a coach. I don't know that we're the home of ex MSU coaches, but whatever we're doing it's, you know, wildly successful.
      "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• He used Michigan I believe he had a clause in his last contract he could not go to another SEC school after Arkansas. So now he was hired by Michigan he is free to go back to SEC.

Comment

• Damn I was joking with that post. Just see it on twitter, is what he really did. fuck me, what a shit show- im done (for good this time) :-)

Comment

• Would sooner run a full season of wildcat offense with no QB than endure one more snap with Wilton Speight behind center.

He made the decision to leave. Fucking get out already.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
              So, we're APPARENTLY hiring Dan Enos? Good, bad?
              My reaction when M reportedly hired Enos: “ok”
              My reaction when Bama hired Enos: “ok”

Enos’ r?sum? was never anything to be excited about.
              - MSU RB situation a mess during his last season.
              - The CMU coach to not be hired by Cincinnati.
              - What the hell has Arkansas done in the last few years.
              AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• When Harbaugh and Saban both want to hire Enos, that speaks well for Enos.

Comment

• I liked the Enos hire for recruiting purposes. We needed a proven Michigan area guy to replace Wheatley. In that respect, I think that he is more valuable for Michigan than for Alabama. It's not like The Nick needs to own the Detroit area. I haven't seen much out of Enos that makes me think that he is a phenomenal coach. I don't think that it's an outstanding hire for 'Bama, but that's just my opinion.

Comment

• Grabs popcorn, sits back to watch the shit show that is M's musical chairs with it's coaching staff and QBs.

Somebody posted elsewhere that the Enos hire by M was a pre-planned attempt undertaken in concert with Alabama to nullify the contract provision with Arky that Enos could not go to another SEC team if he left before his contract expired.

That might be true it might not. Seems a bit far fetched but given the craziness of the M coaching staff shuffle, maybe its spot on. If it is a legit attempt to circumvent some provision in the Enos contract with Arky, that is seriously fucked up. That JH might have participated in it is seriously fucked up.

In other news (already noted) ....... Speight could return to M for his 5th year as a grad student.

Well, fuck me. You have to love the web. It is a great place and, of course, everything you read there is true, right? Like I said, I think I'll just wait to see who shows up on the side-line and under center in Southbend and stop trying to make any sense of it all.
                    Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• It appears increasingly as if Harbaugh is going to sink or swim with the failed 2017 staff.

Comment

• I always thought Enos was a natural to return to MSU, Valenti claims someone told him that Dantonio wouldn't have him back. It's telling that he brought former offensive coordinator Don Treadwell back last week but we heard nothing on Enos. The whole thing is bizarre.

Comment

• Didn't Enos get upset with Dantonio while at CMU for taking some of his recruits late in the process?
                          I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• I'm not familiar with that but it could be the case.

Comment

• Hoke beats Harbaugh to the NFL

Brady Hoke hired by Carolina Panthers to serve as the defensive line coach

Comment

• This information is probably news worthy as it relates to Shea Patterson's 2018 eligibility. Speculation is that he will be cleared to play for M if the NCAA is actually considering a rules change going forward.

NCAA Board of Directors mandates changes to D1 xfer rules for this year:

CBS is reporting that the NCAA Board of Directors has mandated D1 changes for transfer rules during calendar year 2018.

An ongoing Division I Transfer Working Group is expected to push forward one or two proposals for legislation by June. The question then would be the effective date -- in time for either the 2018 or 2019 football seasons.

This proposal was originated out of the Big12, and it appears there is fairly universal support thus far. Preliminary details are as follows:

Players would be eligible to transfer without having to sit out at all if their head coach left (could not follow the head coach), or if the program was hit with a postseason ban.

While the Shea Patterson's situation will likely be cleared up well before this ruling, the Ole Miss transfer requests do present a compelling argument that lines up with this proposal. If the NCAA board of directors is mandating a change, and this is the current proposal/direction being considered, it would be surprising if the NCAA elected to reject Shea and the other Ole Miss transfer requests.

The NCAA is notorious for preemptive action to avoid litigation. It looks like this may be just such a step.

So Patterson will be eligible for spring and fall camp and will compete for the starting QB job. Too bad M hasn't lined up an offensive coaching staff that can make better use of his skill set than the one that looks like will be installed.
                                Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

Working...
                                X