Michigan Football, Team 139, 2018 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why isn't Brian the Michigan coach?
    I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
      Why isn't Brian the Michigan coach?
      I'll assume that question is tongue in cheek.

Not everyone likes what Brian does. He can be arrogant and moody at times when he gets criticized. But there isn't another football team web site that I know of that does the kind of post game analysis he does. I like it.

He's very up front when he is making general comments about a unit's or player's performance that he makes those comments based on what he sees with his eyeballs only. He is missing all angles game film that the coaches have available to them, is not a fly on the wall at team meetings and does not have anywhere near the complete picture of a game that the coaches and players have.

YMMV
      There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

• Well said Jeff, with regard to Brian at mgoblog.

Hope to see Patterson start this year and then resume the run of good M QBing year after year. Last year was a real shock and hopefully was to Harbaugh himself. IMO, we need to play more than one QB until such time as one clearly demonstrates superiority. Speight, O'Korn, and Peters were all bad last year, and got worse as the season wore on, so coaching was a big part of the problem. Harbaugh needs to get more aggressive and challenge his QBs to throw early and often to keep defenses on their heels. Be like Eagles and Patriots and spread the field.

Comment

• OL last season attributed quite a bit to the QB play, they could barely even keep them healthy.

Comment

• Not everyone likes what Brian does. He can be arrogant and moody at times when he gets criticized. But there isn't another football team web site that I know of that does the kind of post game analysis he does. I like it.
            It's been awhile since he did an UFR for an Ohio State game. Heh. Also, there is no way, NO WAY, he would badmouth Shea. None. He is an absolute homer. Which is to be expected, of course. But you always have to keep that in mind when reading about M -- certainly about HARBAUGH!!!! (he, of course, did turn on Hoke).

Anyway, if there is modest improvement in OL play that raises it to just OK, all of M's QBs have a good chance of playing well and in Brandon Peter's case, looking much better in Harbaughffense than he did in 2017. I still think Patterson wins the starting job but I also think it's going to be competitive with Peter's holding the edge in knowing and understanding the play book. It seems Patterson has the edge in "it" and it seems also as a play maker when the play goes to shit.
            I'll reiterate what I've said before -- there is no way Shea is coming to M to not start.
            Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
            Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Shea was way, way better than Peters last season and both were from the same recruiting class. Only QB battle will be for the backup spot.

Comment

• correct.

Comment

• Co-signed.
                  "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• One thing I really enjoy about reading M forums these days is the rationalizing away losses to OSU the last two years. Mgo, of course, is a wonderful purveyor of this line and, again, rises to the challenge: http://mgoblog.com/content/neck-shar...E2%80%99s-face

[HARBAUGH!!!!] knew Ohio State well, knew his players better, and nearly made up an entire massive talent gap between the two teams with coaching alone

Less than 250 yards up until their final meaningless drive. Unbelievable gameplan.

Comment

• HARBAUGH!!!
                      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• We went full Michigan State on you guys last year and pulled out all the stops. But like the Michigan State of old, we lost because we are garbage.

Comment

• Heh. The thing embedded in that analysis is the talent gap assumption. That gap is obviously recruiting based and STARZ-based. But, woe be to anyone who takes issue with HARBAUGH!!!! recruiting (at least amongst the Mgo junta). Sooner or much, much later they’ll hold JH accountable.

Comment

• Up 14-0 with John O'Korn at QB -- I was pretty damn impressed with that. In a way that I am usually not re the JH game plan.

Comment

• The point of the mgo piece was that with JOK missing wide open receivers, getting happy feet and throwing critical INTs, the game plan, as good as it was, as good as it advantaged itself v. the tendencies of the osu defense, wasn't going to win that game.

I didn't read this piece as rationalizing away another osu loss. I read it as it was intended to be read as a well laid out UFR (not like Brian's though) focusing on the effectiveness of Jet Motion RPO v. osu's "pretty basic" D.

Seth also notes that a proven P5 QB in the mold of Shea Patterson, assuming he gets the start, will make the 2018 version of Harbaughffense work a lot better. In turn that will make the peanut gallery's complaints about the complexity of it moot.
                              There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

• We have been victimized so many times in rivalry games by less talented teams but we can't be one of those pain in the ass teams ourselves. Thus the 1 win in 14 years and counting against OSU.

Comment

Working...
                                X