No announcement yet.

Michigan Football, Team 139, 2018 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fall Camp Files: Brandon Justice- (Good Read)

Offensive line
    Quarterbackshttps://thewolverinelounge.com/2018/...les-august-17/

Comment

• The rest of the defense and more team stuff

Comment

• No news is good news these days.

Comment

• Shea is officially the starting QB. NFW. I mean, seriously, NFW.
          Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Grant Newsome Medically Retires - Sam Webb

Comment

• This is tough

Comment

• Let's hope the school takes very good care of him in getting his post-football career going. He's earned that much.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                  Shea is officially the starting QB. NFW. I mean, seriously, NFW.
                  What do you know that I don't? I thought he was highly regarded.

Comment

• Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?

Comment

• So you thought Harbaugh told Patterson he'd guarantee Shea would start if he transferred to M and the NCAA waived the usual transfer rules (turns out the NCAA changed the rules and post dated the change .... ha, ha), right?

I don't think he did that.

Very un-Harbaugh like. Carr would have done that kind of thing so would have Rich-Rod. Harbaugh? No.
                      Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?

Comment

• Well, I'd agree with that but there were no guarantees from the coaches. Shea had to win the job and clearly he did.

My view is that the writing was on the wall for Brandon Peters the minute it became clear that the coaching staff was hedging on starting him after Speight went down. They were saying, he's not ready for prime time or words to that effect. There is no reason that makes any sense why the coaches didn't have the time and the resources to have Peters fully prepared to go in right away. Instead they sent O'Korn in. He didn't have a bad 3 quarters v. Purdue and things looked OK but after that he was terrible and the questions started flowing about why Peters wasn't "ready." Trust the coaches everyone said. No Brandon Peters was not going to make it as a Division 1 QB.

He was bad and that's why he didn't start until it became obvious that O'Korn was probably worse but then the coaches said they wanted to get Peters ready and put him in against a low stress opponent like Rutgers. Wait. Tell us why he wasn't ready to go in the first place ...... because he wasn't good, that's why. When he did start he looked overwhelmed. Then it became clear that the coaches were limiting the playbook for him. He had moments but he was overall BAD, got pulled for the disaster that was John O'Korn for the osu game and then the Usc game showed us how bad he was and how bad the entire QB situation at M was.

In comes Shea Patterson. I think he'll be much better than Peters would have been. Much better but I also think he's going to press and because of that, he'll make mistakes. You can't watch film of him and not conclude that. Nonetheless, I'm darn glad he transferred and is starting fro M v. ND. By the time BT play rolls around, he just could have M's offense rolling.
                          Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
                            He was bad and that's why he didn't start until it became obvious that O'Korn was probably worse but then the coaches said they wanted to get Peters ready and put him in against a low stress opponent like Rutgers. Wait. Tell us why he wasn't ready to go in the first place ...... because he wasn't good, that's why. When he did start he looked overwhelmed. Then it became clear that the coaches were limiting the playbook for him. He had moments but he was overall BAD, got pulled for the disaster that was John O'Korn for the osu game and then the Usc game showed us how bad he was and how bad the entire QB situation at M was.
                            You would think that the coaches would have seen that Peters and O'Korn "just didn't have it" before they offered them roaster spots. Granted, even the sharpest among us get fooled from time to time, but these two were worse than Sherithreet.

Comment

• Peters didn't get pulled for OSU -- he suffered a serious concussion and wasn't available to play.

Comment

• Correct. Bad choice of words on my part. If I recall, he was concussed @ Wisconsin and subsequently O'Korn went in then started v. osu.

Doesn't change the point. Peters wasn't likely to be a competent Div 1 QB - ever. In response to talent's post that noted that Patterson could probably surmise that the starting job was probably his if he transferred, I posted that the coaches provided no guarantees that he would start.

Comment

Working...
                                X