No announcement yet.

U of M MEN'S BASKETBALL: 2018-2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last edited by Kstat; November 6, 2018, 05:53 AM.

Comment

• Looking forward to watching these highlights tonight. Iggy is in the starting lineup already, and IMO that tells you alot. Beilein often has a November starter that's just kinda destined to be overtaken. This year I figured it would be Livers, with Iggy pushing to joint the starting lineup, but Beilein's not even making Iggy prove it first this year. He's going to be a manufacturer of points in a way that Michigan has not had in quite a while.

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
        Looking forward to watching these highlights tonight. Iggy is in the starting lineup already, and IMO that tells you alot. Beilein often has a November starter that's just kinda destined to be overtaken. This year I figured it would be Livers, with Iggy pushing to joint the starting lineup, but Beilein's not even making Iggy prove it first this year. He's going to be a manufacturer of points in a way that Michigan has not had in quite a while.
        Game's on BTN. Yeah I'm looking forward to it. Excited to see guys in new roles. Excited to see the incoming class...especially this Iggy kid.
        AAL: KhaDarel Hodges

Comment

• What true freshman has JB started in November, December? Hopefully it means good things for Iggy.

Comment

• Originally posted by WM Wolverine View Post
            What true freshman has JB started in November, December? Hopefully it means good things for Iggy.

Comment

• AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Stauskas was an example of what I had in mind -- he didn't start for the first 6 games of his freshman season. I think it was Matt Vogrich that year who was the starter. It seems to me that when he can, Beilein is going to make that frosh earn it. Burke was a freshman starter, yet, but there weren't other options for a placeholder. There are with Iggy. Livers can easily hold the 4 spot, but it looks to me like Iggy's shown enough fast enough. He's going to muscle his way into a lot of close looks.

Comment

• It was a bit of a sloppy game last night but a blowout from the start. Free-throws were still atrocious. The defense was pretty good overall and really good to start the game. Teske blocked 4 shots (the team had 8 total) and altered a few more. That was really nice to see.

I thought Iggy would be a little more productive but he still showed flashes of what will probably make him a very good player this year.

Poole struggled with his shot but was looking to pass a lot more. I think he's going to be taking on MAAR's role as a guy that can get into the paint off the dribble.

Matthews looked very much like the player we saw last year. I'm not sure if that's going to get him into the 1st round of the draft but he'll still be valuable here.

None of the other Freshman played until there was 5 minutes left in the game. Really, Livers, Brooks and Davis are the only rotation guys right now but I can see Coach Beilein stretching the bench one more spot. I expect Johns will be the next one to see a little more time. I think when he came in there was a line-up of Iggy, Johns, Livers, Matthews and Z. That would be a really fun line-up to watch. Three 6'8' guys who can run the floor, a 6'6" jumper and a fast PG

Comment

• Originally posted by *JD* View Post

If Wagner had come back, I would say they could be the favorite to win it all. Either them or dooook.

Oh, dooook...Their Freshman outscored Kentucky's whole team last night. They could be really fucking scary.

Comment

• Whats even scarier is that mop on your head bro...woof...
                      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Last edited by Kstat; November 8, 2018, 05:41 AM.

Comment

• In season this team needs alot of improvement shooting from distance and at the FT line. Will be very odd to have a JB teams weakness be shooting.

Comment

• Comment

• This team is just horrible at shooting the ball, which is kind of important. We're all hoping Poole becomes MAAR, but that may be a bit like hoping Zak Irvin become Nik Stauskas. I'll be rooting for Poole to find his niche, and for Matthews to play within himself. I was surprised that none of the freshmen other than Iggy were in the early rotation. Livers looks to be the most improved and can provide that Duncan Robinson boost coming off the bench. Iggy will add needed scoring once the team settles in and everyone knows his role.

Here are the replacements for the stars lost:

Wagner | Teske
                              MAAR | Brooks
                              Robinson | Brazdeikis

Not a bad tradeoff if Poole and Livers step up, while Simpson and Matthew provide veteran leadership. Austin Davis should be ok in the Teske role from last year. I'd love to see one or more of the other freshmen break into the rotation, but apparently none are close at this time.

Comment

• Not so worried about Poole's shooting. He had a few good looks that didn't go down. It'll come back to the mean of what Poole did last season, if not a little better. Poole's ability to penetrate is excellent.
                                Matthews however... woof. The FT...

Yeah, defense was elite last night. M held Norfolk to like 9 points with a couple minutes remaining in the 1st half. That includes a low percentage 3 made by Norfolk. Looking forward to this Nova rematch coming up. That will be a good test.

Austin Davis with the play of the night on a FT attempt when Norfolk didn't realize there was a 1 and 1. Glad to see Davis get an opportunity.
                                AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

Working...
                                X