No announcement yet.

U of M MEN'S BASKETBALL: 2018-2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SCs athleticism in the front court caused issues as did their overly physical defense which led to turnovers, and easy buckets.

Simpson is useless in the last couple minutes of a close game with his FT shooting, he was left open so M was playing 4 on 5. M didn't want to pass to him, may as well play anyone else.

I didn't see anything to worrisome.

Comment

• Did not see any possession where Simpson was left open. Also, his defense is something you do not take off the floor in crunch time. Period.

Comment

• South Carolina was stupid to not start fouling Simpson with about 90 seconds left.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
          South Carolina was stupid to not start fouling Simpson with about 90 seconds left.

Comment

• Only 3 games till Jan 3 all a week apart till the B10 starts vs PSU

Comment

• Best start to season since ?

Michigan and Michigan State both in top 10 nationally. I wonder how their freshman have been doing compared to ours. Last I looked, Marcus Bingham was their top frosh, but not anywhere nears as impactful as Iggy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Detroit Dan View Post
                Best start to season since ?
                In 2012-13, we started the season 16-0.

Comment

• Originally posted by *JD* View Post
                  In 2012-13, we started the season 16-0.
                  Thanks, JD. That was the year we went to the NCAA championship game and lost a close one to Louisville. We didn't play many good teams early that year -- http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...30/season/2013

Looking at Michigan State so far, their top 3 players scoring-wise this year are Langford, Winston, and Ward. I think it's fair to say that Michigan has owned these players in previous years. Their new guys haven't done much. Nobody compares to Iggy.

So this is shaping up to be a good year, but who knows what 2019 will bring?

Comment

• Comment

• Teske to Davis is dramatic, John's being deserving of minutes gives this team much needed depth in the front court.

Comment

• Last edited by Kstat; December 15, 2018, 02:40 PM.

Comment

• Kind of similar to the 1st half start for M when they played Holy Cross.

Not worried. I'm sure M will make a big run.
                          AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• all season

Comment

• The defense fueling an enormous run. 24-4 since WMU went up 8.

Comment

• Davis in, lead evaporates. Got lost on defense once or 7 times.

Comment

Working...
                                X