No announcement yet.

U of M MEN'S BASKETBALL: 2018-2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am pretty sure C-Webb was taking money at the time of that filet-o-fish story. Unless I recall incorrectly. I can't have him on my list. He vacated. Which is painful because my god what a player he was at Michigan.

Cheers to Ray Jackson though. I loved him too. Didn't he have a cup of coffee in the majors? I think he did. There was a point at which all of them were in the league.

Comment

King was in Toronto for a minute. Ray Jackson never came close to getting an nba job.

And fuck Rumeal. Fuck him in perpetuity. I wish they could take his diploma away. What a waste of a great legacy. Webber has the rest of his life to decide to make amends.

Comment

Mo will need a bunch of good workouts to go even in the late first.
        2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

I wonder what Mo could make in the German pro league.

I hope he ends up as a second-round pick in a big media city like NY, LA or DC. His talent in talking with the media is a real plus for him. He has the kind of personality that would endear him to the right city.

Comment

Originally posted by Whitley View Post
            Mo will need a bunch of good workouts to go even in the late first.
            No he doesn?t. His skill set at his size is plenty good enough.

Comment

Ellenson went 18th. Granted he was a one-and-done and there was "potential", but Mo's not THAT slow-footed. Not sure how strong this top end is compared to that year. But I agree that Mo probably sneaks into the first round.

Comment

Originally posted by hack View Post
                Absolute all-time favorite for you? That's really something. Not entirely crazy, I guess. IMO, in my viewing lifetime I guess it's gotta be Rice, Burke, Mo? Asterisk for Webber, who I loved more than all the other Fabs, but he's vacated his place on the list. I would have to think further about this.

Rice was my first Michigan basketball hero and holds the tourney scoring record in the year in which Michigan got its only title. Easy #1.

I still think that when you watch the Kansas game from '13 what you're seeing is Burke just willing himeself into the zone for roughly 10 minutes of game time, or 30 real minutes. He didn't get hot at the right time; he forced himself to where he needed to be to get the win, and that's a pretty damn long time to remain in the zone. The volume and diversity of ways in which he made plays in that last ten minutes of action was special. The shotmaking but the forced timeline violation and the steals, etc. No actual basketball player in '13 stopped him. Burke didn't lose; he had the win taken from him by people who weren't on the opposing team. I think that gets him #2 on my list.

(You can argue a place in history for Robinson, who made the shots that got the ring, but Seton Hall could say the same thing about that game that Burke did, save for that it was one insane call in 89 rather than a series of consistent choices by the refs in '13 -- who should be protected from foul trouble (Hancock, Dieng), who should not (Burke), and The Block.)
                Don't have the energy to put a list together right now, but absolutely. Rose wad by far my fav Fab 5er, Gary Grant was my 1st favorite M bball player and Glen rice was my 1st favorite player that I remember numerous regular season games from.

Will always love Burke, but always just liked THJr better. Have a feeling I'm gonna have a few more all times favs in the next 3-4 years.

Comment

Originally posted by hack View Post
                  Ellenson went 18th. Granted he was a one-and-done and there was "potential", but Mo's not THAT slow-footed. Not sure how strong this top end is compared to that year. But I agree that Mo probably sneaks into the first round.
                  I think so too but I wouldn't mind seeing him drop to Pick 42.

Comment

Originally posted by Da Geezer View Post

I hope he ends up as a second-round pick in a big media city like NY, LA or DC. His talent in talking with the media is a real plus for him. He has the kind of personality that would endear him to the right city.
                    These aren't 2nd round picks but I can see Wagner going #26 to Philly, #27 to Boston, #28 to the Warriors, or #29 to the Nets. I guess I'm not going out that far on a limb but all of those teams would be good fits.

Comment

Great memories of Timmay in the '13 home game against OSU. He put the team on his back in the second half.

Comment

Burke sealed it with the block on Craft at the end though. What I loved so much about Burke was the diversity of ways he made game-winning plays. Most of them on defense, funny enough. The steal on Appling that year; the aforementioned Kansas game.

Comment

Odd - my phone's autosuggest actually gave me Appling as an option there when I was typing that.

Comment

Sparty obsessed!!!!!

Comment

I was always partial to Juwan Howard. Never really liked Rose very much.

Losing Mo is by no means "addition by subtraction", but next year's team was legitimately at risk of having too much competition for one ball. It's a situation that we haven't seen at Michigan since the early 90s. We're in really good shape for next year. We should be the B1G favorite or at least one of two or three.

Comment

LOL what?

They were a poor offensive team even last season with MAAR, Duncan and Mo. now they’ve lost their 3 best shooters, as well as 3 of their top 4 scorers from a team that had issues scoring.

They’re fucked, at least for the first couple of months until they can figure out where the scoring is going to come from aside from Matthews.

They will not be pre season B1G favorites. They may not make the top 3. Hopefully their defense will keep them afloat in the transition process. I’m not saying they’re going to be bad but Beilein is going to have a hell of a time finding guys that want/need the ball.

If Michigan is ranked nationally anywhere in the preseason top 15-20, I’ll be thrilled.
                                Last edited by Kstat; April 15, 2018, 12:38 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X