No announcement yet.

U of M MEN'S BASKETBALL: 2018-2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It sounds like we'll be playing Villanova in the Gavitt Classic this season.

Comment

• It would be nice if Austin Davis were to step up this year so that Castleton could take a Sanderson redshirt.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
        It would be nice if Austin Davis were to step up this year so that Castleton could take a Sanderson redshirt.
        Either that or Castleton's talent makes up for his slight frame. Really, though- I think I'd prefer that we have 3 big men available all year. I think C. C. is more polished offensively than both Teske and Davis. He could be a poor man's Wagner next season.

Comment

• I don't see any way Castleton red shirts. He's too good.

Comment

• I'm starting to think Charles Matthews is going to stay in the draft. I think Wednesday is the cutoff to return and I doubt there will be any more workouts between now and then.

I'm hoping I'm wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by *JD* View Post
              I'm starting to think Charles Matthews is going to stay in the draft. I think Wednesday is the cutoff to return and I doubt there will be any more workouts between now and then.

I'm hoping I'm wrong.
              I'm happy to have been wrong! The rumors got very strong yesterday so it was a nice surprise to have him say he's coming back. Today was a great day for Michigan basketball with Matthews returning and Jalen Wilson committing.

Comment

• Adrian Wojnawroski just tweeted that the Pistons interviewed Beilein for their head coaching vacancy. Speculation is that this must be a negotiating ploy on the part of Coach Beilein. It seems waaaay out of left field, other than the Pistons interviewing everyone.

Comment

• Go away Gores. FU.

Comment

• I'd be shocked if that really happens. It would obviously be a huge pay raise for JB but I can't see it being a good move for the Pistons.

Comment

• I can see it being a great move for the Pistons that doesn't really pay off anyways because the roster is otherwise a mess. I wonder if he thinks he can turn Blake into a monster or boost his 3-ball. Or maybe he sees the bright side of Reggie Jackson. Or maybe there's been talk of a trade for one of Andre or Blake that allows Beilein to space the floor. Maybe they have something in pocket. Otherwise, even if Beilein is NBA-curious, you wouldn't think the Pistons' roster is the one he would like to take over.

Either way, it appears that recruits aren't necessarily spooked by this, so hopefully this is the last we hear of it. The Pistons can hire Casey or Kenny Smith so I can continue to nurse resentment at how Gores is going Ford Family with a Detroit sports franchise that's done a great job crashing the NBA bluebloods party over the years. Michigan and Beilein can be left the fuck alone. Beilein can get a tournament championship before he's done. That's the real prize.

Comment

• I dont even think the pay raise would be that great. Whatever new extension he's gonna get from M, would have to be ~$4M/year. Can't imagine the pistons going all that much higher.

Maybe he's still really dying to coach Kennard.

Comment

• Clearly isn't the pay raise, no.

Comment

• Assistant coaching salaries might be the negotiating ploy.

Comment

• Just saw this....https://www.detroitnews.com/story/sp...ons/677206002/

Glad he's staying. Struggling with the new format so hope this hasn't already been posted.

Comment

• Wednesdays are starting to be really fun for Michigan Basketball...maybe D.J. Carton surprises and commits on the 13th?

Comment

Working...
                                X