No announcement yet.

U of M MEN'S BASKETBALL: 2018-2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy for Teske to see him catch fire at the end before checking out. He worked his ass off in this game.

good bounce back performance. Time to dial it back up for the stretch run.

Comment

• The season is going to come down to do they make those 3s when needed. They can ride out conference games going 2-15 in the second half from 3, or whatever it was. I don't know that you do that in the back half of the tournament. They usually shoot the lights out in at least one tournament game. That shoot-the-lights-out game needs to come they really need it to. Can't use up that game beating Texas A&M by 30. Need it to come against Duke or Virginia or Tennessee.

Comment

• It was good to see DeJulius get in for meaningful minutes and even get a bucket. It would be so huge if he has even a mini-coming of age turn to this season. It would be nice for Johns too but with him playing out of position, I think it's a lot less likely to happen. It was also nice to see Teske finally hit a J after so many short attempts.

Overall, a good bounce-back from Tuesday's upset. I hope Lewis Garrison isn't refereeing any more of our games this season. I only wonder how he let Binghamton lose to keep him from going a perfect 4-0 for the opponent.

Comment

• DDJ is more than likely the backup from here out, so he'll get his chance. Still like Brooks, but he seemed to have lost his confidence out there. Was coming in to be a ball mover and nothing more.

Comment

• Comment

• Brooks finally stopped treating the ball like a hot potato, but now doesn't do anything with it at all. Never saw what he's supposed to bring, or a balance he's failing to strike. He's just out there passing up open 3s and not running the P/R. Let's go with DDJ. Dynamic Dave. He's the one that looks like Young Walton to me, with the off-the-dribble heroics.

Comment

• Last edited by Kstat; February 19, 2019, 04:34 PM.

Comment

• I don't recall him breaking out early as a scorer at all, and I don't get the Walton comparison at all save for the inability to run p/r. Brooks' primary attribute was that Simpson can't shoot. Walton clearly could shoot right away. Brooks has no skill that could serve as a starting point.

Comment

• And yet Beilein started him almost immediately into his first season. A mistake, but there was still a reason for that. Brooks has a lot of tools to be a scorer. Right now his mental approach is terrible but if you can get him locked in, he can be an asset.

Comment

• What tools? Locked in? Srsly?

Beilein started him because Z can't shoot. Brooks would get minutes still if he wasn't constipated with the ball in his hands. It's such a downhill run to minutes for him -- take and make enough 3s so Beilein can bench Poole for his inattention to detail.

No offense to Brooks, and I'm fine if he sticks around, but he looks like a transfer candidate to me.

Comment

• Brooks isn't a point guard, he doesn't create any offense and shows no ability to penetrate. Maybe he'd find his shot being off the ball...

His only asset is he's not a lIability on the defensive end.

Comment

• Which is a shame because I like #55 for a PG.

Comment

• Castleton first off the bench, huh.

Can't get out of my head how thin he looks ... even though it's a known thing.
                            AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Comment

• Defense has been on point all game. Good thing because the offense is MIA again.

Comment

Working...
                                X