No announcement yet.

The Rest of College Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Those who look too intently behind the SEC curtain wind up like the Saturday Evening Post, Life Magazine, the Sporting News, Pro Football Weekly, Woman's Home Companion, and other top-notch investigative periodicals.

Comment

• Heh.

Hey, DSL...
      "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Vince Foster was killed because he dissed the SEC, not some Clinton bullshit.
        "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Is AlabamAlum actually saying that the B10 and SEC cheat to exactly the same Nth degree? Or is he saying that SEC cheating is exactly equal to or less than the B10?

If only we had the internet back in he 80s, I'm sure RiceAlum would have made the same claims about the SWC.
          Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
            Jeff pronounces Michigan football dead for good at least once a quarter.
            Huh?

I've been pretty consistently upbeat since Harbaugh arrived. I've sustained that even though signs of QB regression and terrible OL play were present during the entire 2017 season.

There was a sharp downturn in my optimism after the OB Bowl. To me, it represented the coalescence of most of M's big problems.

Then there was a slight up-tick when it appeared a house-cleaning was afoot on offense. Then the last 2-3w happened and you have exactly what I mentioned up thread when I was asked by WingsFan.

Disappointing and the first time I experienced that kind of thing since Hoke's last year.
            There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

• To his original statement, you will need to prove Nick Saban is cheating.

To my statement, I am talking present day and evidence.

If you extrapolate that because of Ole Miss, all are guilty, the same can be done for child fucking and the Big Ten.
              Last edited by AlabamAlum; February 14, 2018, 09:18 AM.

Comment

• STOP ...... we all know Saban cheats, the SEC is populated by bag men making payments to recruits like Reese and Eyikor. We don't need any fucking evidence. Bama and now UGA (well, Saban's spawn running the place now) living at the top of CFB's food chain is evidence enough.

It's a conspiracy.

AA...... Hi.
                There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

• Eh. Where you sit is where you stand. Here, we are always against cheating and never need to explain anything away. OSU is somewhere in the middle. Sometimes talent's in here guffawing at any notion, and at other times he shares our outrage. AA, on the other hand, appears only to stand with the ranks of the rules-minded when Mississippi State comes up. Is what it is.

Comment

• Hack: You say that 'where you sit..." horseshit alot. Stop. It's not poignant or insightful - and even in its original usage the author was torn apart. When I see it, I stop reading, roll my eyes, and move on. It's become a cliche with you and is less impactful than a bad Kapture meme. Tl;dr stop.

Jeff: The thing is, if Saban were dirty, he would have be outed long ago. We both know that. Too many years with too many disgruntled former players and ex assistants. But we can agree that all BigTen people fuck babies. Deal?

Comment

• You could have said "If ___________ were dirty he would have been outed long ago" about plenty of coaches. Pitino is a recent example.

Which lessens the credibility of the first part of your post. Raises the question of what exactly you would expect talking NCAA rules on a Michigan board, but nobody is forcing you to do so.

Comment

• Years ago at Hawaii, Rick Pitino was guilty of 8 violations, lied to the NCAA, and it was so bad the NCAA advised the school to disassociate itself from Pitino. He was recently fired at Louisville in a huge scandal. Bad example is bad.

Not sure what you mean about it being a Michigan forum. Are you suggesting I should not speak up, just keep quiet and know my role? If that was your point, kindly fuck off.

Comment

• Right. 40-year gap. Hmm. Or take Boeheim's decades of clean living before he was finally caught if you need to parse. With some guys it's obvious and with others less so, and on the continuum there are coaches at many points in between.

I'm not suggesting that, and will not fuck off. Neither of us have any business telling the other what to post or when to stop. You are a valued poster here. My point is that it's pretty obvious what Michigan fans are going to think about compliance, and if you don't want to hear that, nobody is forcing you to read those posts or participate in those discussions.

Comment

• But if you are using the premise that a clean NCAA record means nothing, then turn your weary eyes to Harbaugh - he has been clean, that means nothing, right? Ditto Certainly can't say that for all of your previous coaches. In fact, the M football team has only been off major probation a few years now after it hired a coach who cheated and had a record of cheating at his previous school, as well.

Further, I think about compliance. I an actually a rule of law guy even though the NCAA is a petty joke of an institution. It is college athletics version of sharia law, but Saban is and had been clean despite ridiculous gossip on certain message boards.

Comment

• Yes. For all we know, Harbaugh might turn out to be dirtier than Jackie Sherrill. He'd have to get around Michigan's compliance department, and we have plenty of anecdotal evidence of how that group would fare in a proper peer review, but it's not beyond the realm. If that's a point you wish to have everyone keep in mind during the discussion, you're free to point it out. But keep to the facts regarding Michigan's history. People aren't stupid.

Comment

• Originally posted by WingsFan View Post
                                UNC said if they offered 'paper classes' for decades, the NCAA has no say in the manner. The NCAA agreed and UNC got off, despite the PR hit. Notre Dame, finds out a tutor is helping 2 students for 2 semesters (not decades), self-reports it- and gets wins vacated....Why would schools ever self report going forward?

those who comply lose... those who fight, win. NCAA has not real teeth..
                                Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

Working...
                                X