Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
    You're not actually saying that getting rid of Bannon is a bad thing?
    You wouldn't think...but that interview he did the other day made him sound like one of the rational voices in Trump's orbit. If you believe him.

Comment

• Trump tires easily of people, he likes change. People (besides family) gets fired after 6 months, look at his campaign managers. Hired gun Kellyanne will be next.

Whatever doesn't kill Trump makes him stronger.

Comment

• The timing of the Bannon dismissal is puzzling as this was his proudest week. There were reports by Bob Costa and Maggie Haberman was that he was on thin ice, but this week Trump went the full Bannon.

Maybe the Kutcher interview did him in, but nothing makes logical sense so who knows.

Comment

• the 12 member terrorist cell in Barcelona had a bomb factory that blew up on them

their plan was to rent a semi fill it with explosives--run over a bunch of tourists until caught then detonate timothy McVeigh style

or you could believe like CNN initially did and blame it on a charlottesville copycat vehicle attack

Comment

• Originally posted by crashcourse View Post
            the 12 member terrorist cell in Barcelona had a bomb factory that blew up on them

their plan was to rent a semi fill it with explosives--run over a bunch of tourists until caught then detonate timothy McVeigh style

or you could believe like CNN initially did and blame it on a charlottesville copycat vehicle attack
            copycat attack? Driving vehicles into people is an ISIS idea! How bad does it look for the superior race that they are now copying the ideas of brown people? And, matters worse, they are only copying the low-tech/easy-to-replicate ideas. If you go by capacity, you people have a long way to go before you can manage a complex and coordinated aerial attack like Al Qaeda can.

Maybe work your way up to that. Start by explaining that gibberish from before. Baby steps.

Comment

• To be fair I think it was only the Wolf Blitzer who called it a possible copycat of Charlottesville.

Comment

• ah ha ha! When Keith Olberman calls out the racist Huff Post its hilarious!!

Comment

• Looks like President Kelly isn't putting up with anyone's smack.
                  “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Wingsfan,

I dig art and history. Statues combine both. In my travels I have made it a point to seek them out. The vatican, the louvre and countless other museums, town squares and parks. We can tear them down and kick them as I saw on a recent video. Seems a shame.
                    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                      Oh well in that case.
                      You want them down. That is your opinion. I disagree with it. That is my opinion. You have mastered passive aggressiveness, though. Kudos.
                      "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• copycat attack? Driving vehicles into people is an ISIS idea! How bad does it look for the superior race that they are now copying the ideas of brown people? And, matters worse, they are only copying the low-tech/easy-to-replicate ideas. If you go by capacity, you people have a long way to go before you can manage a complex and coordinated aerial attack like Al Qaeda can.

Maybe work your way up to that. Start by explaining that gibberish from before. Baby steps.
                        Hack, before you start calling people racist or white-supremacist ("...you people have..."), you might do yourself a favor and watch the Blitzer segment. Wolf was implying that the Barcelona terrorists were copying the attack by the Trumpista Nazis. Wolf's logic: Then Trump contributed to the terriorists' attack. While you may view this as a "fact" within your rather odd use of that word, there are some who don't see Trump as a contributor to what happened in Spain. That doesn't make us racist, homophobic, Nazi, or anything else. It just means we disagree and you can do away with the name calling, particularly calling out crash when he has made it perfectly clear that he doesn't in any way condone what those alt-right nuts in Charlottesville said or did.

You have no idea what you, yourself, think (using that term in its broadest sense), so I doubt you know what crash thinks.

Comment

• Hack had it backwards, CNN Blitzer was saying ISIS was coping the White Supremacist/Nazi Charlottesville killing.

This was another political opportunity for Wolf (CNN). They have somehow led the sheep to blame Charlottesville on Trump. So copycat Charlottesville and guess what ? Barcelona is Trumps fault too.

Comment

• The Barcelona attack was premeditated, it's almost certainly a spontaneous attack in Charlottesville. The guy was supposed to be participating in Uniting the Right, but the rally to unite the right was cancelled. He certainly didn't plan on being there at that time.

The Barcelona attackers planned on having a bigger van but we're stopped from being able to rent it because the terrorist didn't have a proper license. They planned on using that as an explosive van. What that guy did was at least plan C.

These things are hard to stop and they will be more prevalent as the high concept terrorist attacks are much harder to pull off.
                            Last edited by froot loops; August 18, 2017, 09:27 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                              Wingsfan,

I dig art and history. Statues combine both. In my travels I have made it a point to seek them out. The vatican, the louvre and countless other museums, town squares and parks. We can tear them down and kick them as I saw on a recent video. Seems a shame.
                              Well I explained a more nuanced take later. Some of them have artistic value; a lot of them don't. Some of them have historical value; a lot of them don't. I don't really favor any of them being in a public park or in front of a courthouse because the intent is clearly to venerate. Notice I don't think they should be destroyed but moved to a setting that's more of an educational experience like a national park/battlefield or museum. The crappier ones, like the one in Durham, can be sold to private collectors.

Far more of the statues were put up in the post-Plessy Jim Crow era than in the 30 years immediately following the war.

Comment

• That's probably the best idea. I have no southern heritage, but I do have family who fought the Nazis. Including my Father (and my Uncle) who was 18 years old at the time (he had me later in life). As much as my Dad hated the Nazis he always said they had the best uniforms.

A lot of people admire the Germans uniforms of WWII In fact the Nazi official uniforms were designed by the now famous Hugo Boss and historians tend to agree they look Fabulous. >>>> In a museum, not in public.

Comment

Working...
                                X