Matt Stafford is the suckiest suck to ever suck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by madatgravity47 View Post
    They've won playoff games because they've both had rbs, and solid defenses...he would be arguing a stat that up until this point didn't exist....him saying they've won playoff games only turns his own argument on it's head..both bortles and keenum are, by his definition, mediocre...carear wise they've never done jack...give them some rbs and some key defensive players and now they're winning playoff games....

The problem with your argument is your hopes and projections DO NOT match reality. They are in the NFL record books as playoff winning QB's. There are no asterisks next to their name for having a running game and a D.

Until then:

"If ifs and buts were candy and nuts, we?d all have a merry Christmas? was a proverb of Don Meredith (1938-2010)
    19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• Alex Smith had a good RB and a solid defense and he didn't make it out of the 1st rd - and he was playing at home. There are no guarantees in the NFL, you just have to make the BEST of the few opportunities you get because you may not get another one. The few players that get a ton of opportunities are usually in the HOF.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fraquar View Post
        Alex Smith had a good RB and a solid defense and he didn't make it out of the 1st rd - and he was playing at home. There are no guarantees in the NFL, you just have to make the BEST of the few opportunities you get because you may not get another one. The few players that get a ton of opportunities are usually in the HOF.
        KC D sucked again in 2017 ending at 32nd in the NFL. Just need to set that straight. Otherwise, your main point stands.
        19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• Like I said, they had a solid defense. :D

Comment

• Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha!!!!!!!!

Doesn't matter. Alex Smith shoulda made others better. He sucks.
            Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

• Man I wish we would just trade this bum Stafford and draft that Thomas Brady fella in the 2018 draft. That would solve all of our problems and show us that Quinn really knows what he is doing. Or even better we could have drafted that Sanchez guy all the analysts liked over Stafford in the first place then we wouldn't be in this predicament right now. When will the Lions learn??!!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

• Kellen Moore was RIGHT THERE!
                Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
                  Hey, on that score, the Hater's Club is completely correct.

Stafford cannot nigh singlehandedly carry a team like Aaron Rodgers or Tom Brady can.

But that's not the question, and it never has been.
                  I'd dispute that.

Peyton Manning, for instance, kept getting bounced from the playoffs (often in his first game) until his defense had a playoff stretch of run stuffing dominance. His Super Bowl with the Broncos was also all about his defense.

Rodgers had a chance to put the Steelers away in the Super Bowl and failed. He had to rely on his defense to stop Big Ben on the final drive, which is harder than a normal drive because the offense gets four downs. If Big Ben comes through, Rodgers doesn't have a ring. People like Gonz think Rodgers is a better QB for having had his defense step up than he would be had his defense given up the game. Don't get me wrong - Rodgers is a transcendent talent - but even he can't do it alone.

And Brady regularly had a great defense backing him up in the Super Bowl. His defense held the greatest show on turf to 10 points (17 points minus a pick six), McNabb was held to 14 points until the game was out of reach, Eli was held to 17 points and then 21 (two points were a safety, and the final TD was surrendered deliberately by the Pats), and the Seahawks managed to put up 24 points but the Patriots defense saved the day there. These are all very winnable situations and Brady didn't win them all. He did, to his credit, put up some points against Delhomme's Panthers and there was the Falcons game. Brady is the greatest of all time, but he would not be a winner without a good defense.

Stafford, of course, never had his team show up for him in the playoffs. The Saints never even punted, the refs robbed us in Dallas, and the receiving corps shit the bed in Seattle.
                  "Yeah, we just... we don't want them to go. So that's our motivation."
                  Dan Campbell at Green Bay, January 8, 2023.​

Comment

• Originally posted by lionsfan20 View Post
                    Man I wish we would just trade this bum Stafford and draft that Thomas Brady fella in the 2018 draft. That would solve all of our problems and show us that Quinn really knows what he is doing. Or even better we could have drafted that Sanchez guy all the analysts liked over Stafford in the first place then we wouldn't be in this predicament right now. When will the Lions learn??!!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                    Why? He's the best QB Detroit has ever had?

Comment

• Originally posted by Fraquar View Post
                      Alex Smith had a good RB and a solid defense and he didn't make it out of the 1st rd - and he was playing at home. There are no guarantees in the NFL, you just have to make the BEST of the few opportunities you get because you may not get another one. The few players that get a ton of opportunities are usually in the HOF.
                      Yep - he's right up there with Mediocre Matty - slightly better because he does make plays to beat winning teams but he crumbles in the playoffs. I guess a better comparison would be Scott Mitchell.

Comment

• Originally posted by Iron Lion View Post
                        I'd dispute that.

Peyton Manning, for instance, kept getting bounced from the playoffs (often in his first game) until his defense had a playoff stretch of run stuffing dominance. His Super Bowl with the Broncos was also all about his defense.

Rodgers had a chance to put the Steelers away in the Super Bowl and failed. He had to rely on his defense to stop Big Ben on the final drive, which is harder than a normal drive because the offense gets four downs. If Big Ben comes through, Rodgers doesn't have a ring. People like Gonz think Rodgers is a better QB for having had his defense step up than he would be had his defense given up the game. Don't get me wrong - Rodgers is a transcendent talent - but even he can't do it alone.

And Brady regularly had a great defense backing him up in the Super Bowl. His defense held the greatest show on turf to 10 points (17 points minus a pick six), McNabb was held to 14 points until the game was out of reach, Eli was held to 17 points and then 21 (two points were a safety, and the final TD was surrendered deliberately by the Pats), and the Seahawks managed to put up 24 points but the Patriots defense saved the day there. These are all very winnable situations and Brady didn't win them all. He did, to his credit, put up some points against Delhomme's Panthers and there was the Falcons game. Brady is the greatest of all time, but he would not be a winner without a good defense.

Stafford, of course, never had his team show up for him in the playoffs. The Saints never even punted, the refs robbed us in Dallas, and the receiving corps shit the bed and Stafford never led a drive beyond the 35 yard line in Seattle.
                        And Stafford has NEVER shown up either.

Nobody disagrees that defenses makes plays to win games but your QB also has to step up and make plays to win games. In every one of those games you discussed - the QB also made plays that led to that team win - every single one.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan V
                          Sorry guys, but I don't want Cooter back either.

If Caldwell really held Cooter back (forcing the run when we all know, including Cooter, that the lions can't run) , then Cooter should have had the balls to tell Caldwell that ONE game, I want to drive the car, and not have the brake on, and we will go from there.

Caldwell is gone and Cooter will never throw him under the bus and say he restricted him, because it would look like insubordination, and NO ONE will hire him if he is let go.

Cooter unfortunately had two years to try to get the running game going. If Ron Prince was the problem and his schemes were bad, then Cooter had authority over him to try new schmes.

The Lions biggest problem was they just didn't have talent at the RB position. If an undrafted kid out of Cincinnati who had only 700 yards his senior year ended up looking like your best runner, then that is the problem.(PS Riddick is an h-back receiver, not a runner).

See you Cooter, you had a fun name.
                          If Mediocre Matty was calling plays - how could Caldwell hold Cooter back by forcing the run?

Also - how do you know Cooter didn't get the best running attack possible out of what he had?

Comment

• You're assuming it was fixable - there is no evidence to suggest it was. I asked, how do you know he didn't get the most out of what he had to work with?

New England is top ten - could be because Tom Brady makes everybody around him better?

Again, Mediocre Matty did the play calling based on what he saw on the field. Maybe Cooter shouldn't have allowed that?

Comment

• 5 in a row. Knew it was mistake. Correcting it now.
                              AAL-Sam LaPorta

Comment

• Originally posted by dwt1 View Post
                                They also made plays to win playoff games.

And please don?t tell me what I would do, I don?t tell you what you would do - show me the same courtesy.

Oh and concerning your last sentence, they did it this year and will they do it repeatedly given the same conditions? Seriously? Because i?m Talking about QBs who consistantly win in this league with who ever they line up with, and you counter that arguement with two teams who quite possibly are just riding a high.
                                Three of the QBs in the championship games tomorrow are not consistent winners... How do you explain this phenomenon? Is It because the football God's decided to shine down upon them? Or can you concede they had rbs and a d to support their role? If not I'd love to hear how you honestly think case keenum, Blake bortles and Nick foles are playing in their conference championship games...saying they " made plays" is a cop out answer... These teams have won because of their ability to run the ball and have solid defenses...

Comment

Working...
                                X