Clear All

• Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by The Oracle View Post
      But clapper said!!!!!!!
      I know right.

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Geezer View Post
        Amash isn't my representative, dammit. My daughter is a personal friend of his and worked on his campaigns. I know Amash tried unsuccessfully to stop the NSA metadata collection (failed by just a few votes). I also know that the rep from his district is usually a rock-ribbed republican, so, when Amash got to DC they gave him plum committee assignments. When they saw how independent he is, they took away the assignments. Amash always writes his reasoning on every vote he makes, and I'd suspect he will post something on this independent council matter. He is an absolutely straight shooter, and is much less popular among Republicans than Democrats. All I've ever seen with an independent prosecutor, and I've seen a few, is a group of people who are unwilling to say "nope, there is nothing to see here." IPs think they have to "get" someone in order to justify the expense of the investigation. BTW, I said the same thing when Rs were seeking and IP for Hillary's violations of the Espionage act.

I'm proud of you guys for not peeing all over yourself when this news broke. Here are the 3 letters involved in the dismissal. Pages 4-6 are from Rod Rosenstein, and comprise the case against Comey.

What I learned tonight was that Laura Lynch would not allow the FBI to empanel a grand jury on the Clinton investigation. That means there were no warrants available to the FBI, or subpoenas. The truth is that the whole Clinton matter was an inquiry, with none of the normal investigative tools available to the FBI. So when Hillary bitched about calling it an investigation, she was right. It wasn't.

Rove tonight told some stories about Comey, and called him a "hot dog". His thesis was that Comey loved the limelight, and the July 5 news conference, the October 27 letter "reopening" the Clinton matter, and the November 2 "nothing here" letter were all examples of him engaging in egotistic behavior.
        Everything cited in the letter to justify Comey's firing took place before the Election. Trump should have fired him in his first week on the job if that were the case.

Actually, asking us to believe that Trump fired Comey because he felt Hillary was mistreated during the campaign is simply laughable.

It's also ludicrous to believe that Trump & Sessions couldn't make a decision until Rod Rosenstein had weighed in. They're setting him up to be the fall guy in all this.

Comment

• [ame]https://twitter.com/JeffFlake/status/862124755339685888[/ame]

Comment

• If you have to quote Turd Blossom for backup, your argument is wretched. Go back to the drawing board. Did Turd Blossom call for the firing prior to today? That is the litmus test for any of these chuckle heads defending this. The reasoning is ridiculous.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
              WTF would Trump feel it necessary to put into a termination letter that he was 'exonerated' three separate times by Comey?
              It's a very strange letter. Doesn't even mention what truly amazing Trump Catering dessert he had to take a break from eating to compose the letter.

Comment

• I've heard The Best banana fluffer nutters, but can't confirm.

Comment

• [ame]https://twitter.com/BillKristol/status/862085183108984834[/ame]

[ame]https://twitter.com/BillKristol/status/862119754206777344[/ame]

[ame]https://twitter.com/AtticusGF/status/862120775225966592[/ame]

Comment

• The last line of his letter is used by Vincent McMahon a lot when he fires someone in the ring.

Comment

• Buried in all this will be this:

Federal grand jury subpoenas have gone out to several Michael Flynn associates demanding business records

Federal prosecutors have issued grand jury subpoenas to associates of former National Security Advisor Michael Flynn seeking business records, as part of the ongoing probe of Russian meddling in last year’s election, according to people familiar with the matter.

Comment

• Seen a couple reports that even after 10Pm nearly everyone who works in the west wing was still there. It seems legit (IMO) that this caught most of them completely off guard and they had no plan to deal with it.

Comment

• [ame]https://twitter.com/maggieNYT/status/862138459116507136[/ame]

[ame]https://twitter.com/maggieNYT/status/862140400689131520[/ame]

Comment

• President Trump is enraged, yelling at the TV for the last week because of the Russia FBI investigation. That's why Comey was fired, it was not about Clinton's emails. Which everyone knows.

Comment

• Originally posted by entropy View Post
                              So my question a few days ago had a few good responses. My question assumes of course demand wouldn't change and rationing would not be politically viable.

Anyways... new question. Moving to a single payer in 4-5 yrs, does the end result create more/faster consolidation of health systems? Assuming in this case costs are controlled via what is paid (in other words I'm just going to cut reimbursement 10%... so deal with it), does that drive efficiency to levels not obtainable by small community hospitals? Does the us end up with say 50 health systems?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              The answer to your last question is, probably but it's not likely to be because, as you suggest leading up to your question, we are "moving toward a single payer system ....."

It will be because of economies of scale and the principles inherent in competitive markets.

If, as I have offered in previous posts, the administrative and regulatory framework of the ACA remains that values and reimburses outcomes, big HC will remain profitable only by creating cost and service provision efficiencies in monetary terms and based on reimbursement for outcomes.

I don't believe the way HC is now paid for, by the insurance industry, is going to get unraveled to pave the way for a single payer system. I'm pretty sure the advocates of universal HC coverage knew that about a decade ago, maybe longer.
                              There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

• On Comey ........ we are fucked.

There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X