Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No scholarships available at the moment though I'm not sure if Eron Harris had one available (I could be wrong) without creating room for one. For the '15 class they'd have LeVert's scholarship if it leaves early, Hatch's if he goes medical and Beilfelt's if he doesn't return for a 5th year... Like I said, I could be wrong and there is 1 more available...

M won't use all of the above on '15 recruits and they could keep Hatch's/Bielfelt's scholarships through for '15 too. M is being extremely picky with its scholarships for '15 and for now, '16 too. Only elites, top 50 overall types or guys that are great fits like Seth Towns... I'd be very surprised if M uses 2 scholarships on '15 recruits, they can be that picky (w/ kids in '16 very high on M) and M's needs are close to zero after a 6-man class in '14...

For '16 M will only graduate Bielfeldt & LeVert (if he stays) and the only other scholarships they'll get is through attrition (Hatch, etc.). That said, I expect the crowded wing situation to cause a potential transfer when someone talented is stuck on the bench...

re: TJ Leaf, really genuinely likes M and Beilien but he also really like Indiana, UCLA and Arizona. M when they offer will be right with those programs who already have offered.

Comment

• Last I read he was Michigan or Indiana. Wants to be in the Big Ten.

Agreed, very picky. We're in on 3 top-50 PGs. VERY PICKY. Go after bigs in the '15 class and absolutely nothing else. Absolutely all out to whatever extent for Leaf.

Have the deck clear for '16. I absolutely love the idea of a senior Albrecht plus 3 five-star frosh. By then the NBA could be enforcing two-and-done.

Comment

• Sounds like they might take a wing in '15 but only if it's one they really want. JB likes Donnal, Doyle at center...

This is a PG, C and 3-wing offense much to your dismay. One of those wings though should be 6'8" like Wilson/Chatman and able to defend a PF.

Comment

• ???

Either way, jut get Leaf.

Comment

• ?

They want Leaf will try to land him but will have to battle Indiana, UCLA and less so Arizona.

Comment

• Still want Coleman for the '15 class. I'd take Brunson and not worry much about the '16 class in PGs, but he prolly ain't coming. So Coleman or bust for me in '15, then yes, load up on '16.

Comment

• Agree. M would take Coleman in '15, or someone comparable and they won't make a lot of compromise in talent level. Eric Davis SG is a potential fall-back though I have my doubts they'd take him with M having so much interest in wings from the '16 class...

Interest in Brunson imo has cooled a lil' in both directions, M doesn't feel the need for him as badly as they once did (Walton looking like a good 3-4-year PG) plus M might prefer to take an elite PG in '16 to have someone take over nearly immediately after Walton graduates/leaves early. Also Brunson might not see immediate playing time here while the class of '16 kids see at most 1-year behind Walton.

Comment

• The Thorntyn post at umhoops.com is exciting. It would be just great to get him in super-early and move to the next step.

Who knows more about Teske?

Comment

• Nope. 6-11 kid with good potential. Not much out there on him.

I'd bet we get more than 1 commit for '16 before any for '15.

Comment

• [ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWP__RoYNkY"]Derryck Thornton Jr Scouting Video - YouTube[/ame]

Thornton has a lot of Trey Burke in his game and he says he loved his weekend in A2.

Comment

• Outstanding prospect, love his overall game and he's got a higher ceiling than Burke. IMO he's underrated as the #17-#20 prospect in the '16 class as he'll help a lot whoever lands him on day 1.

Comment

• JB is offering the class of '16 recruits today, but only the elites. If M gets a basketball commit today, it'll be an 'elite' Plan A type that nearly anyone would take.
                          Last edited by WM Wolverine; June 15, 2014, 04:11 PM.

Comment

• well, then, I hope to hear from you today WM

Comment

• I've been checking in on Twitter a bit. I haven't seen anything yet. Maybe he's waiting a bit since it's Father's Day?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Thornton Jr., Winston, Battle, Towns & Teske have all received offers today and TJ Leaf is supposed to get a call at 6pm Pacific.

Beilein's casting a big net today. That's more June 15 offers than the last two years combined.

By the way, mgoblog seems to really be slacking here. No tweets at all today. This is all umhoops info, except Chris Balas reported the Leaf call.

Comment

Working...
                                X