No announcement yet.

Official Detroit Pistons thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You thought there was a chance at 7 games??

Comment

• Pistons will be ok, next season they won't be 8th, they won't play Cleveland in the first round and will be able to make some kind of PO push, or at least I think so
      http://www.scribd.com/doc/7781751/Osijek-In-Your-Pocket

Comment

• Need a true PF, a better backup PG and C and Harris as their 6th man.

I like their makeup though. They are actually entertaining to watch which is a significant change.

Comment

• Before I post these numbers, let me say that I thought KCP played really well.

Final numbers for Game 3:

Kyrie 6-9, 1 3-pointer, 0 FT: 13 points
          LBJ 0-1. 0 points

6-10, 1 3-PT, 13 points

Anytime that he gets more than he gives (while shooting a decent %), that's a win.

Comment

• I hope they're able to extend this series to 5. Either way, I think they've shown up and competed very hard. It's enough of an experience to take into the offseason and build upon. Getting a win would just be icing on the cake and a reward for their effort.

Aside from adding pieces, they have to find a way to get Andre to elevate to being a 50% shooter from the line. If he makes his FT's to the point of being able to stay on the floor, they win Game 3.

Comment

• Originally posted by essek031 View Post
              Pistons will be ok, next season they won't be 8th, they won't play Cleveland in the first round and will be able to make some kind of PO push, or at least I think so
              Yeah they should improve next season. One thing that could make a massive massive difference too, beyond expected player development, is how big a rule change the NBA makes with limiting intentional fouling. If they get rid of most of the Drummond fouls the Pistons will win at least 4-5 more games on that alone, without players getting better. The Pistons stats when Drummond is in a game vs when he's out is night and day.

And simply upgrading the backup PG will be worth a few games too.
              Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• Done

Comment

• Lofl

Change the rule for a shitty FT shooting Piston but if someone proposed that while Shaq was clanging bricks for Lakers, the rest of the country would have been up in arms.

F that clanging Piston.
                  19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• Oh thanks for reminding me of the 5 game sweep! Helps deal with the loss yesterday.
                    Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• When they changed the rules to make defense harder after the Pistons dominated nobody shed a tear outside of Detroit (and maybe San Antonio). It'd be nice for the Pistons to finally benefit from a rule change intended to make the games flow better.

Comment

• They weren't fouling Shaq in the same way. Shaq was never fouled being the inbounds passers by nor did anybody ever piggyback him off a free throw attempt. They have taken this crap to a new level.

Comment

• I wonder who the Pistons can get to improve their bench.
                          The core starters (Jackson, KCP, Harris, Drummond) will all be back and should improve just on age and continuity.
                          Morris is still young and Stanley Johnson will develop.
                          AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Morris was such a great addition. We got lucky with that one
                            F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Panoptes View Post
                              Lofl

Change the rule for a shitty FT shooting Piston but if someone proposed that while Shaq was clanging bricks for Lakers, the rest of the country would have been up in arms.

F that clanging Piston.
                              We'll never know Gonz!

but I guess this means you agree with changing the rule?
                              F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• If Cleveland had to resort to "hack a shaq" to beat an 8 seed, I really have doubts about their ability to win a Championship.

The hack-a-shaq strategy just makes and already hard to watch game even worse.

Comment

Working...
                                X