No announcement yet.

Red Wings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You piece of f'ing shit Holland!! AA is heading to Europe to test the waters. The Wings are letting one of our fastest and brightest young forwards head to Europe because Holland can only offer him so much money because we have no cap space.

Of course we signed Witkowski who's another 4th liner for 750k a year in the off season and he played exactly ZERO minutes in the opener. That 750k is about the margin between the Wings and AA.

Way to put off the most important FA we have until the last minute and all of the cap space is used. STUPID
    F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Detroit — Andreas Athanasiou is off to Switzerland for some skating and to see what opportunities there might be for an unsigned restricted free agent from the NHL in Europe.

Red Wings GM Ken Holland confirmed that the speedy 23-year-old forward, who scored 18 goals for an offensively challenged Wings team last season, called him Friday morning and told him he was off across the Atlantic to test the waters.

“He called me today just to say that he is going to Europe,” Holland said.

Asked how the conversation went, Holland paused and said, “Double-A’s going to Europe.”

Athanasiou, whose skill tantalizes a franchise rebuilding while attempting to make the playoffs, is the only unsigned RFA in the NHL.

His playing time became an issue at a few junctures during his two-season tenure with the Red Wings, as coach Jeff Blashill said Athanasiou needed to affect games for longer stints than he had.

Like Dylan Larkin and Anthony Mantha, and what is likely to be a succession of young players moving through the roster in the next few seasons, Athanasiou is still developing in the NHL.

Both Larkin and Mantha have seen their time on ice reduced, at times, based on effectiveness.

Even veteran players sometimes receive that treatment.

Athanasiou’s agent, Darren Ferris, was not immediately available for comment.

TSN's Bob McKenzie, who first reported the news about Athanasiou Friday, reported Athanasiou has no contract in Europe, but is traveling there to skate and test the market.

The National League in Switzerland has produced NHL players in the past, offered a refuge for exiles and prolonged the careers of retirees.

The Red Wings have made clear the negotiations with Athanasiou are stalled because the Red Wings have a market value for him based on comparable players around the league, and Athanasiou is seeking more.

The Wings also are up against the hard salary cap of the NHL. But roster moves can alleviate that obstacle.

Athanasiou also entertained KHL offers from Russia in August, including one for $3 million that is more than $1 million richer than what the Wings are considered likely to have offered.

Martin Frk, who took Athansiou’s spot on the roster, surprised the Red Wings with his performance in the preseason and assisted on the team's first goal of the regular season against the Wild on Thursday, while displaying among the hardest shots in the NHL.
      F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Frk with another goal and the Wings win 2 in a row.

Not a bad start
        F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• The Wings have actually scored on the power play this season. I thought they might go 10 games without getting one.

Comment

• Frk and his wicked shot has been a nice surprise. Larkin and Z have been doing exactly what they need to do and Daley has eaten up a ton of ice time.
            F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• And Sheahan is still a waste of space
              F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• A win tonight against Vegas puts us at 4-1 on the season. That's pretty damned good considering we've only played 1 home game.

Zetterberg and Mantha keep rolling and Daley racked up another 23 min of ice time. He's actually looking like a really solid signing on defense.
                F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• The Vegas Golden Knights? Had to google this...... never heard of them before.
                  "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• They are a brand new team, that's why. NHL expansion its fantastic.
                    Lions free since 6/23/2020

Comment

• Vegas? Jesus. Next thing you know the NHL will be putting teams in Florida.
                      I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Would it be safe to put a bet on an 8-0 Wings win?
                        "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• Not with their defense no.
                          F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
                            Vegas? Jesus. Next thing you know the NHL will be putting teams in Florida.
                            The Panthers are a waste of space but I've been to a Wings / TB game and it was a great experience.
                            F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Had to laugh.

Before the game, the Wings got trolled by the golden knights by exclaiming that the Wings and the Knights have the exact same consecutive playoff appearences.

I tuned in half way through the 2nd period. Wings were up 2-1. Wild second half of the second period and while I thought the Wings were too cutsy on their passing instead of getting the puck on the net, they put the hammer down in the 3rd.
                              I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• I'm still impressed with our Wings fans in opposing buildings. Its like we had more people in the stands then Dallas did in that game. I love hearing the "Lets go Red Wings" chants.
                                F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X