Official Detroit Pistons thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Panoptes View Post
    Could use the same idea with Lions and let the stat QB go.
    Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
    Well except for the fact that the Lions don't pull Stafford in the 4th quarter of games because he's a liability.
    AND the small fact that comparing the Ass-ociation and the NFL is like comparing a apple to nutmeg. One, you could, and maybe should, have daily. The other is only good in a specific situation. Like if you get the worms.

Also, the team makeup is much different. The NFL is much more a team game then the association. 1 player can effect the game and carry his team, defensively and offensively in the Association. There is no player that can do that in the NFL. The players run the Association and the owners run the League.

Originally posted by Niffla View Post
    I don't even care anymore. God man I used to be the biggest Piston fan ever. Like even in the down years I'd get League Pass and watch every single game. I mean I might miss a total of 4 or 5 games out of an entire season. This team though is soooooooo unlikable to me for some reason. Nowadays when they're in season I just check the box score real quick on my phone. They lost again? Okay whatever. And back in the day it would be unfathomable for me to miss a moment of the NBA draft but I won't even watch one second of it tonight. I'll check the Freep and see who they drafted and that'll be the last time I even think about whomever that ends up being until next season when I see his name in the box scores.
    I agree with most of your take, but I will watch tonight. But that says more about the other choices then the NBA draft itself. It doesn't really matter because Stan Van ain't gonna play him anyway.

They might as well dump Drummond and Reggie for the picks they are going to screw up and not play anyway.

Originally posted by froot loops View Post
    And in your case a downswing in the Lakers' fortune. Fear not, Lebron will be there soon enough.
    Lakers will be better much earlier then the Pistons. At this point I don't think SVG and Gores have a clue. Ad to the fact that he doesn't like to play the young guys, how will they ever be better?

Originally posted by froot loops View Post
    Unfortunately for Drummond, he showed so much early potential, that projection wasn't out of line. But he was never good defensively, you hope his athletic ability would translate into better defense but so far it hasn't. Defense is much harder in today's NBA, especially for a big guy. In the smash mouth basketball era of the 90s to mid 00s, he would be a lot more valuable.

He's still young, but that is of little solace when he is a max player.
    I don't think he would be good in any era. HE cn't hit a throw to save his life. And he acts like a punk. Pouts for games and doesn't give a man's effort when the coach takes him out because his pitiful FT shooting is the best way to defend the Pistons.

The bad boys would have sent him home crying and Big Ben and Sheed would have done the same.

Looks like Tarzan. Plays like Jane. (My apologies to all the Janes in the world)
    Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• You might be right on that, I'm not going to die on that hill. My point was a guy who rebounds like that can be good, but in an era where everything is spread out his flaws get amplified.

Big Ben had many bouts of petulant pouting as did Rasheed. And they had those bouts at a much later age than Drummond is now. Let's not gloss over some of the nonsense we saw from those guys.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
        We don't have anything the Pacers would want for George even if he's a 1 year rental. We need to somehow rid ourselves of Reggie Jackson and Drummond and start from scratch.

Its sad because I really thought Drummond was going to turn into a straight up baller but it looks like he's a complementary piece of a baller only when things are going well. He's never going to be the man with his mentality.
        Definitely. It's too bad Drummond is a max guy. It'd take the dumbness of the Kings to get rid of this expensive contract. Drummond, a guy that arguably can't be on the floor in the 4th... can't hit free throws... questionable defense.

Today's been a boring day for NBA news. Thought there would be a few trades before the draft started. Lets see some excitement! Come on trades!
        AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Buckle up. Moves will happen when guys fall.

Comment

• Originally posted by The King View Post
            Buckle up. Moves will happen when guys fall.
            No Collins or any of the PGs have fallen
            F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Kennard... F the Hornets, Monk had fell a long ways.

Well that wasnt much of a surprise
              F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• This is the least surprising draft ever.
                AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post
                  This is the least surprising draft ever.
                  Exactly. Just another average piece for an average team.
                  F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Exactly. So despressing. Mitchell should have been the fit. NBA AA, length, 38" vertical. Plays hard and plays defense.

Another season of purgatory.

Comment

• Pistons were the worst shooting team in the nba. Crapshoot with the #12. Kennard seems tough and he can shoot. Not a bad pick imho.

Comment

• Originally posted by The King View Post
                        Exactly. So despressing. Mitchell should have been the fit. NBA AA, length, 38" vertical. Plays hard and plays defense.

Another season of purgatory.
                        Agreed. I know Kennard can shout and he'll make a nice bench piece but thats all he is. He's not a starter. Just another average NBA player on a team of misfit toys. We need to swing for the fences. Mitchel, OG or anyone who can be an it player.

SVG needs to.go
                        F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Ya. Collins and Monk before us really hurt. Most of the NBA guys/scouts said it was an 11 player draft. The top 11 played out exactly as planned.

We picked 12th. Would up with the unathletic, no defense playing "shooter" from Duke. It's not like we ever saw this play out, right?

Comment

• Kennard has some game. I'll give him a chance. But it's the 12th pick. Look back 20 years, how many 12s even become rotation players? As for Mitchell, the Pistons are THE WORST shooting team in the nba. So the solition is to add another SHOOTING guard who cannot shoot?

Comment

• Stanley/Henry/Kennard.

Three unathletic guys with limited upside. Picks 9/18/12.

You don't improve drafting safe in that range. We're stuck in the middle and there's nothing worse.

Comment

• Mitchell hit threes last year. Hard nosed defender. Wingspan, vertical, toughness.

When in doubt, I take the athlete in basketball. Always.

Comment

Working...
                                X