Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kapture1 View Post
    Is that your deflection away from FISA being abused by the prior administration?
    Kapture, did you know that any single Representative or Senator could take that memo to the floor of Congress and read it aloud and be completely immune from prosecution? The Constitution gives Congressmen complete immunity when speaking on the floor, even if it's classified information. Back in the day the Pentagon Papers were read from the floor by Mike Gravel.

Why haven't any of them done so, if it's as horrendous and disturbing as they claim?

This is also another "why doesn't Trump declassify the document that will supposedly vindicate him" situation.

We both can suspect why that hasn't happened...it's more politically useful to imply there are terrible things in this secret document than let the public know the actual details and judge for themselves.

Comment

• You will change your tune once Richard Cordray is inaugurated.
      Heh. I think he has a solid chance. Which would mean some guy from Cleveland wins the the AG (I can't imagine Cordray winning and the Ds not sweeping). That's the dude I'm concerned about.
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
        Heh. I think he has a solid chance. Which would mean some guy from Cleveland wins the the AG (I can't imagine Cordray winning and the Ds not sweeping). That's the dude I'm concerned about.
        By then you'll have an exit strategy because Amazon HQ2 will be in Columbus.

Comment

• I'll go work for President Tressel as his GC. I would probably have to do so without my wife and children as she isn't particularly inclined to move to the Youngstown Metro.

But, I would also get to watch Coach Bo mold the Penguins into an FCS juggernaut. So, the pros really outweigh the cons.

Or the new AG will appreciate that I have contacts with nearly everyone in the Ohio tech economic development community....but, since he'd be a D, that's probably a negative. Heh.
          Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• [ame]https://twitter.com/SteveKingIA/status/954194729511636992[/ame]

Comment

• What does the memo allegedly say?
              To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• [ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xiYibBxZYo4"]Susan Rice on Trump Campaign Surveillance: "I know nothing about this." - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCMF94FX530"]Evelyn Farkas on MSNBC, 3/2/17 - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RpjN4iEz9Oo"]Susan Rice: 'I Leaked Nothing To Nobody' About Intelligence (Exclusive) | Andrea Mitchell | MSNBC - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

• I can't wait to see how close I was back at the begining of December

Originally posted by Kapture1 View Post

CNN's Jim Acosta reported tonight that the WH had said the 0bama admin ok'd the transition teams contacting other counteries, including Russia.

James Clapper, who served as the Director of National Intelligence under Obama, said that the claim that the Obama administration authorized Flynn's contacts with Kislyak was "absurd," adding that the administration was concerned by the communications at the time.
                  ?That?s absurd. That?s absolutely absurd," Clapper said on CNN.
                  "There was great concern at the time, not just with this particular contact, but with the violation of the principle that historically been followed of one president, one administration at a time," he added. "So to say that we blessed it, or acquiesced it is a stretch.?
                  and here is the video of that press conference, where Mark Toner says just that.

Daily Press Briefing - January 13, 2017 - YouTube

you will have to skip to 28:25
                  again, Flynn shouldn't have lied. but there was nothing illegal with reaching out to Russia and setting up the foundation for the upcoming admin during the transition period. Also the claim that Flynn was just a random, unauthorized citizen attempting to subvert the government of the US, during the transition, he became a special government employee of sorts, allowed to make those calls, so the Logan act wouldn't apply.

this feels like the 0bama administration using the Intelligence apparatus of the US to spy on and entrap a political opponent, sedition of the newly democratically elected president. FISA granted with an unverified dossier that was bought and paid for by the DNC, that warrant used to spy on transition officials, including Manafort, the unmasking of Gen Flynn's name, and the illegal leaking of it to the press. Hell, even the sanctions placed on Russia, the transition team WOULD HAVE to call and reach out to Russia after that. And here the IC is sitting there waiting to hit record on that conversation. Then you have the intelligence widely distributed throughout the government as Evelyn Farkas, deputy assistant secretary of defense under Obama, admitted to on the air with MSNBC?s Mika Brzezinski.

?I was urging my former colleagues and, frankly speaking, the people on the Hill, it was more actually aimed at telling the Hill people, get as much information as you can, get as much intelligence as you can, before President Obama leaves the administration,? Farkas, who is now a senior fellow at the Atlantic Council, said.

?Because I had a fear that somehow that information would disappear with the senior [Obama] people who left, so it would be hidden away in the bureaucracy ... that the Trump folks ? if they found out how we knew what we knew about their ... the Trump staff dealing with Russians ? that they would try to compromise those sources and methods, meaning we no longer have access to that intelligence.?

I'm telling you, this is the type of shit that banana republics do, the attempt to overthrow a democratically elected president.

Comment

• I think the Dems made a big mistake with the last budget deal. I woulda taken the CHIP funding and moved the deadline out a month. Holding children's healthcare hostage is disgusting, but I'd rather they had healthcare than not. And you can still get the dreamers next month.
                    To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by SeattleLionsFan View Post
                            What does the memo allegedly say?
                            If only there were a way Republicans or the President could let us know...

But trust them: IT'S SHOCKING

Comment

• [ame]https://twitter.com/ggreenwald/status/954386825405190146[/ame]

Comment

• My money is the that both parties look bad in the document... and the release will be... not as easy.
                                Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

Working...
                                X