This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by *JD* View Post
    Wagner has crept back into the end of the 1st round in at least one Mock Draft. I still think it's 50/50 whether he stays or goes. I'd guess Matthews is closer to 100% coming back, with his struggles in the 2nd half of the season.
    After last night, I'd put Matthews at 99.9%. He's in a funk and is really having problems with the dribble. He needs to work on that left hand, as well.

Comment

• Not at all convinced he's an NBAer. Has the athleticism, but he's just completely disappeared here. Expecting nothing at all until the tourney, when he'll be playing teams that don't know him so well.

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
        Not at all convinced he's an NBAer. Has the athleticism, but he's just completely disappeared here. Expecting nothing at all until the tourney, when he'll be playing teams that don't know him so well.
        That's pretty fair, at this point.

Comment

• Right now, Matthews might be the worst player that I have ever seen on the offensive end at Michigan. In his last five games he has as many turnovers as made field goals (14 each).

Comment

• He's still bringing solid rebounding and D but the offense isn't there and the turnovers are brutal. He needs a TIMMAY (Sophomore to Junior year) transformation on his ball-handling.

Comment

• It's still amazing to me he can't dribble with his head up on the break. Amazing.

Comment

• The Pistons won in 2004 starting a PG who did not display knowledge of how to run a break properly. (pass at/before the FT line)

Comment

• What JD said, he's productive when he's not scoring but the ball handling, turnovers are areas he needs to make big strides for next season.

Comment

• Since FT-shooting has been a bugaboo with the current team, I was interested in seeing what I could find out about how our recruits shoot from the line. There's limited info, but:

Iggy shot 63% in 5 games at Adidas Nations.

DeJulius shot 67% in 16 AAU games last summer.

Johns shot 68% in 16 AAU games.

Castleton shot 62% in 15 AAU games.

And, in very limited info; Adrien Nunez went 6 for 6 from the line, over the course of two games.

Comment

• Dammit JD why you gotta be such a Debbie Downer about this?

Comment

• I wonder what average progression is on free throw shooting from high school to college. From clips I've seen of DeJulius, he can really hit the three, so I'm surprised his FT% isn't higher. But small sample, and 67% is not terrible.

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
                          Dammit JD why you gotta be such a Debbie Downer about this?
                          Sorry, man. I was hoping to find better results. At least none of them are awful!

Comment

• doook has offered Joe Girard III.

Comment

• Iggy is playing in the Nike Hoops Summit this spring.

Comment

• Originally posted by *JD* View Post
                                The ever-changing rankings. As of 1/24, these are the new 247 composites:

Iggy #40
                                Castleton #81
                                Johns #106
                                DeJulius #122
                                Nunez #177
                                March 12th and some players have slid, for whatever reason.

Johns #74
                                Iggy #75
                                DeJulius #130
                                Castleton #131
                                Nunez #201

Comment

Working...
                                X