Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big one. Thought of it. No shot more directly resulted in that ring than Robinson's FTs though.

Good argument to have.

Comment

• Maybe not the biggest, but most definitely my favorite:

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
        Maybe not the biggest, but most definitely my favorite:

For favorites, I am going to have to go with this one:
        HOW [JD Scott/MGoBlog] Jordan Poole, overdosed on swag from birth, lives for this moment. It didn't matter that he'd made only two of his 13 three-point attempts in the month of March. It didn't matter that Michigan had gone 7-for-29 from beyond the arc in the game. It didn't matter that the game had been a brutal slog of a refshow. It didn't matter that Michigan had to inbound the ball from under their own basket. It didn't matter that Poole's view of the basket was so obscured he didn't see if the shot fell. It didn't matter that he's just a freshman. Poole was born for this. With time about to expire, he took a sharp pass from MAAR, squared up, and fired. With a defender in his face, he struck the Jordan pose as he released the shot, then fell to the ground. Our hero arose and... ran for his life: "After the shot went in I didn't know it went in," said Poole. "I looked at the bench. I was always thinking if I hit a shot like that I didn't want to get tackled. So I was kind of trying to avoid everybody, but I gave up and they tackled me and it was an amazing experience." Instead of a heartbreaking early tournament exit to end the Michigan careers of MAAR, Duncan Robinson, and possibly Moe Wagner, the Wolverines move on to their second straight Sweet Sixteen in the most unimaginable way. To everyone but Poole, that is. The young man had even planned his exit strategy. [Scott] [Hit THE JUMP for more photos and the box score.]

but it was such a surreal experience. I wasn't engaged fully as a fan, so there was more immediate joy when Trey hit his, and probably also with Higgins vs. The Flying Illini and Jimmy King vs. UCLA. But, after the initial moment, the ripple-effect from The Big Splash in the Flatlands made for an unforgettable night.

Comment

• Oh I bet. Were I in your position it would probably be my favorite too. It's just awesome you got to be there. Insane. Fuck you.

Comment

• Webber, Burke, Rose and Rice on Rushmore...

Then Jimmy King, Timmy Jr., Juwan, McGary when healthy, Gary Grant, and Mo might be in that group... Maybe a couple I forget... Jamal Crawford needed another season, i believe he even had a shortened season...

---

Next season? Replacing Mo and MAAR will be difficult enough and Duncan finished his season strong... No seniors next season, I won't have too high expectations as far as competing for B1G or FF...

M will need some players to really step up, Livers, Poole, and a true freshman or two like Iggy or Johns. .

Comment

• Originally posted by WM Wolverine View Post
              Webber, Burke, Rose and Rice on Rushmore .
              Agree on Webber, Burke, and Rice, but not Rose.

Comment

• Rose was almost as important as Webber for the back to back NT games. He was the teams leader, ran the offense and had alot of charisma.

Comment

• He was the leader but I don't remember him running any offense. The team was horribly turnover prone and his assist/TO ratio sucked ass. He was also a mediocre 3-point shooter.

Comment

• The team didn't run much of an offense. Fisher specialized in defense and not knowing about Ed Martin. Bo had his reasons to be wary.

Comment

• A MICHIGAN Basketball Mt. Rushmore without Cazzie Russell? No way.

Comment

• Webber, Trey, Rice, Rudy T

Comment

• His runner in the lane though...

Comment

• Originally posted by Rob F View Post
                            A MICHIGAN Basketball Mt. Rushmore without Cazzie Russell? No way.
                            ^^^This
                            I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by Rob F View Post
                              A MICHIGAN Basketball Mt. Rushmore without Cazzie Russell? No way.
                              For me personally I am limiting myself to those I watched myself. IMO Webber is asterisked out, which is an awful shame. So for me a Rushmore would be Rice, Burke, Rose, Wagner. In that order.

Comment

• Rushmore from my memory... Too young for Cazzie...

Comment

Working...
                                X