No announcement yet.

Movies - General Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks for that jaadam. I checked out the trailer, looks like about a half dozen movies with the same story I have seen on lifetime :-)... Still I added it to my list, I will see it soon.

Comment

• lol, no problem bro.. You're right, the premiss behind the story is something a la lifetime but the cast really pulled it together.

I've always liked McAdams and the parts she plays, she just has a nice way about her. The one that surprised me Channing Tatum. I haven't watched too many movies he's been in. I just put him in a cookie cutter shitty actor category, but he really was great. He plays the part perfectly.

Solid 8 out of 10
      F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• 'Like Crazy' was quite good, a romantic movie where much of the movie was improvised. The script outlined what would happen, but Felicity Jones and Anton Yelchin improvised much of their dialogue. Also a good non Hollywood ending.

Comment

• Watched Super 8 last night.. With the exception of a cast of dynamic younger actors I thought it wasn't all that good.
          F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• So did any of you guys catch "The Three Stooges"?

Like to catch it, seems like all the buzz is for this New Avengers flick, never have been big on super hero movies. Must admit, the trailer looks pretty good, just have to wonder how Lou Ferrigno stays so fit at the age of 60.
            HAS THE NFL CREATED A HELMET TO HELP STOP CONCUSSIONS? NO? WHY NOT?

Comment

• I'm a little behind on some movies so I finally watched Captain America to prep for The Avengers. It was decent enough. The way the movie was shot was really nice. It had that real movie / comic book feel to it.

I love what they're doing with the trailers at the end of the credits.
              F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• I watched The Avengers yesterday and thought it was really good. The thing at the end of the credits really had me intrigued. I'm going to Google it to see what comes up.

I wish I would have seen Thor and Captain America before I had seen it though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom View Post
                  I wish I would have seen Thor and Captain America before I had seen it though.
                  no you do not :-)
                  http://www.scribd.com/doc/7781751/Osijek-In-Your-Pocket

Comment

• I saw Drive last week and I saw Crazy Stupid Love this weekend. Steve Carrell and Ryan Gosling teamed up well.

Comment

• Crazy Stupid Love was damn good.
                      F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
                        Crazy Stupid Love was damn good.
                        yes one of the best last year
                        AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• K recent movies that I've seen.

"Thor", 9/10. Saw it for the 1st time a month ago before I saw "The Avengers." I actually REALLY liked it, and not just because (<3) Natalie Portman is in it. I think Loki is badass, see it before you see "The Avengers."

"Piranha 3DD", 3/10. I actually thought "Piranha 3D" was entertaining and ok. but "Piranha 3DD" kind of sucked.

"Men In Black 3", 7/10. Entertaining, probably better then "Men In Black 2", but I think "Men In Black" is the best of the 3. Nothing spectacular. Just above average.

"Snow White and the Huntsman", before I watched this movie, I thought it was going to be a 8/10 with a potential to be a 10/10 based on the idea and story of the movie, love what they tried to do with the story of Snow White. but I think the director failed and really could have added a lot to this movie. If they had a better director for this movie, it had potential to be amazing. still give it a 7/10.

"The Avengers", 10/10. Saw it on opening night at midnight, a lot of hype and it live up to it. I'm not a comic book fan at all, still loved it. I would recommend seeing "Captain America" and definitely "Thor" before watching this. Just a perfect entertainment movie, great story. I don't want to compare it to movies that win oscars, they are just different styles of movies. Without question, I'm expecting "The Dark Knight Rises" to be better, I've been looking forward to it forever, again I think Christopher Nolan is the best director. so go see "The Avengers", you'll love it!
                          oh, I'm not sure if anyone else has mentioned this, but it kind of reminds me of "Transformers 3", so watch "Transformers 3" before or after you see "The Avengers" so you can compare.

"The Dictator", 6/10. Its funny, I LOVE this type of humor! But they basically show you everything thats funny in the commercials/ trailers.

"The Three Musketeers", 4/10. Sucks, but entertaining type of movie

"Anonymous", 8/10. Really good, but I don't think anyway has seen this movie other than me that I know of.
                          AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• I'm heading back to the US here in a few weeks and I can't wait to see Avengers and Snow White.

I like the story behind Anonymous as well. I might download that one for the plane
                            F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• I as well want to see all of the marvel Avenger prequels before seeing that - have them all ripped on blu ray, just have to make time.

Prometheus looks like it's going to be bad ass. Might be the first movie I see in theater since 2005. Nice to see Ridley Scott back making movies, read he's going to make a Bladerunner sequel as well, should be interesting....
                              Got Kneecaps?

Comment

• Originally posted by Coop View Post
                                Prometheus looks like it's going to be bad ass. Might be the first movie I see in theater since 2005. Nice to see Ridley Scott back making movies, read he's going to make a Bladerunner sequel as well, should be interesting....
                                I saw this a couple of days ago., btw if you ever want to stream a movie, I use this website: http://www.1channel.ch/ sockshare or putlocker only
                                Really good, a lot better than anything Ridley Scott has made in a while ... probably best since "American Gangster", I loved that movie ... and "Gladiator" is one of my favorites of all time. ("Robin Hood" kind of sucked)
                                Prometheus is not "mindblowing", like the commercial said. I wish it would have been 30 min longer and added more, because it clearly leaves it open for a sequel.
                                But still one of the better movies of the summer so far. 8/10 or 9/10, I gotta see it in IMAX 1st because the commericals look amazing, the quality I saw it in sucked lol.

"The Avengers" > "Prometheus" > "Snow White and the Huntsman"
                                AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

Working...
                                X