• Show
Clear All

• Assuming almost the worst and only McGary returns:

*1. Walton/Spike
    *2. LeVert/Irvin
    *3. Irvin/Chatman
    *4. Donnal/Bielfeldt/Wilson
    *5. McGary, Horford

For humors sake, I'll say it but M is young again. ;)

Really would like GR3 back at the 3, I don't like his all around game much but he has some really unique talents that not many teams are athletic enough to contain him for those special 3-5 plays a game; which hopefully next season is more like 6-8 plays a game....

Really good reviews on Donnal from teammates, he sounds like the type of four JB has always wanted but none were talented enough.
    Last edited by WM Wolverine; March 31, 2014, 07:36 AM.

Comment

• McGary is the difference between that team clawing into the NCAA tournament or starting the season in the top 25.

Comment

• I think it's a solid top 10-to-20 team that's potentially even better if McGary is AA caliber. Lots of other teams are losing their top players too and M in essence adds McGary who was never really healthy when he did play.

Comment

• I'd go even further and say that he's the difference between a 14-4 Big Ten team that returns to the Elite Eight and one that goes 9-9 in the Big Ten and squeaks into the tourney with a 9 seed.

Comment

• Are we assuming McGary won't be healthy next season in these low-side projections?

MM will likely be M's best player (if healthy) and I like LeVert a lot going forward.

Comment

• If McGary's back I'm gaga over next year's team. I think Walton will be ready to contribute steady and continue the heady. LeVert is a conference POY candidate. Irvin can potentially make the soph leap. Albrecht and Horford are nice four-year depth guys. Chatman hopefully off the bench can spell the wings, as that's the one area we'd be short. The key is that stretch-4 spot. One of Donnal or Wilson shows up ready, or if both can cover the spot, look out. No reason not to expect another year as an elite team.

Comment

• I'd say Chatman is more likely the stretch 4 next year than Wilson. Remains to be seen if Donnall has the ball skills for that spot.

Comment

• Isn't that Donnall's whole thing? Big man that shoots and can rebound?

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
                    If McGary's back I'm gaga over next year's team. I think Walton will be ready to contribute steady and continue the heady. LeVert is a conference POY candidate. Irvin can potentially make the soph leap. Albrecht and Horford are nice four-year depth guys. Chatman hopefully off the bench can spell the wings, as that's the one area we'd be short. The key is that stretch-4 spot. One of Donnal or Wilson shows up ready, or if both can cover the spot, look out. No reason not to expect another year as an elite team.
                    I agree here, I personally think Walton is a better Yogi Ferrell next year. He's stronger. Walton, Lavert and Irving are going to be lethal.
                    The Lions went 11-5 in 2014

Comment

• Oh hell yes. Key to it though is a healthy McGary, assuming he's here. A full offseason of improvement there -- even half of the leaps Stauskas and LeVert took -- and holy wow.

Comment

• What are the odds GRIII comes back? He's no first rd lock according to the mocks. I think he bolts based on his aversion to playing the 4. Not sure why that matters to him in Beliens offense, he still plays on the perimeter on offense and is put in many crash to the rim and open 3 point situations.
                        The Lions went 11-5 in 2014

Comment

• Hard to know. It's not as if he needs the money. As long as McGary's healthy and the two young stretch 4s are ready, there's a reason to expect that GR3 could slide down to 3. But he's got to know that you do what's best for the team.

Comment

• Why I mind losing to UK:

"38% of college coaches polled by ESPN chose Cal the dirtiest coach in college basketball; the most, 4% ahead of Baylor's Scott Drew"

Comment

• what do they mean by that?

Comment

• Calipari is the dirtiest of the all the many dirty coaches in college basketball.

Comment

Working...
                                X