No announcement yet.

Celebrity Death Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• William Christopher died as well (from MASH)
    AKA Dave Lubin

Comment

• Just saw that too. He was great.

Oh, jockularity!

https://twitter.com/alanalda/status/...rc=twsrc%5Etfw
      Last edited by dpatnod; January 1, 2017, 05:42 PM.
      Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

• Hold on, how come I missed this death in 2016???!!! Colonel Abrams RIP

Colonel Abrams: US House singer dies aged 67
        US singer Colonel Abrams, a pioneer of house and dance music in the 1980s, has died at the age of 67.
        The musician scored his biggest hit in 1985 with the club single Trapped, which reached number three in the UK.
        Last year, it emerged he was living homeless in New York. Friends then launched a fundraising campaign to help him obtain vital diabetes medication.
        His death was announced on Facebook by DJ Tony "Tune" Herbert, who said: "Now he is at peace."
        He added: "Our condolences go out to his family and fans world wide. He is no longer suffering or Trapped."
        Colonel Abrams - his real name - was born in Detroit, the home of Motown, in 1949.
        He said his music was a blend of those melodies and the hard street rhythms of New York, where he moved as a child.
        "I studied all the people on Motown, and I studied the music and listened to the lyrics Smokey Robinson used to write, and just craved the opportunity to be on Motown," he told the Associated Press news agency in the 1980s.
        "But after my family moved to New York, I studied street music, and I sort of combined them both: The Detroit sound and the street sounds of New York."

AAL Quintez Cephus
        If you fall during your life, it doesn't matter. You're never a failure as long as you try to get up.

Comment

• That's quite a sad story.

RIP Colonel Abrams.
          "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• House and dance music? Never heard that before

Comment

• Originally posted by ghandi View Post
              House and dance music? Never heard that before
              Way back in my senior year in dental school in '89 or so, this was THEE house song. You basically swayed back and forth to the beat.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAR8cq5Bl94"]MARSHALL JEFFERSON - MOVE YOUR BODY [The House Music Anthem] - YouTube[/ame]

House is a little boring and repetitive, but if your drunk or stoned (from what I've been told, not personally) it can be hypnotic.

Comment

• So far no deaths yet. The deaths in 2016 were just way too overwhelming!
                Memorial Day 2018!

Comment

• Jimmy "Superfly" Snuka, former professional wrestler, has passed away at the age of 73. RIP Superfly

Lions free since 6/23/2020

Comment

• Snuka
                    cage match
                    Don Muraco

.....drops mic

Comment

• May Jimmy Snuaka RIP! :(
                      Memorial Day 2018!

Comment

• Kansas City Royals pitcher Yordano Ventura died in a car crash in the Dominican Republic. He was 25. Reportedly under the influence at time.
                        Lions free since 6/23/2020

Comment

• That's three great young players in the span of just few years. Two in auto accidents in the Dominican Republic.

Very sad

Comment

• Mary Tyler Moore just passed.

She was 80.

ROOOOOBB!
                            I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Loved her. RIP Mary.

ROOOOOBB! What is taht? I saw someone else post it.
                              GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• That was Dick Van Dyke (Rob) her husband in the show RIP

Comment

Working...
                                X