No announcement yet.

Tracking former Lions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Former Lions defensive back Stanley Wilson II has been arrested while naked, and not for the first time.

The Oregonian reports that police in Portland arrested Wilson on January 10 after finding him naked outside a stranger’s home. Wilson hasn’t posted bail and has been in jail since.

Wilson was also arrested on June 22 after a homeowner caught him trying to break into a house. The homeowner shot him and he ran off, and when the homeowner called 911, emergency personnel arrived and found Wilson outside the home, also naked. Wilson suffered only minor injuries from the gunshot.

Since that incident, Wilson has had multiple violations of his conditional release, including testing positive for methamphetamine and getting arrested for spitting at a campus safety officer. It is unclear why Wilson has been allowed to stay out of jail despite repeatedly violating the conditions of his release.

What is clear is that a person who repeatedly gets arrested naked, spits at people and tests positive for methamphetamine has a serious problem. A graduate of Stanford University, Wilson once appeared to have a promising future. But like his father, the former Bengals running back who shares his name, Wilson has a serious drug problem. Wilson’s father was once benched when a Bengals coach caught him getting high before the Super Bowl, and after drugs derailed his NFL career he spent most of his adult life in prison. We hope the younger Wilson can get the help he so obviously needs.
    The only logical explanation is:
    I'm about to die and this is my Jacob's Ladder

Comment

• That is seriously challenging Titus Young for the WTF? Former Lions award.
      Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

• Originally posted by dpatnod View Post
        That is seriously challenging Titus Young for the WTF? Former Lions award.
        Keen eye for talent, eh?
        I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Millen sure knew how to pick them
          Lions free since 6/23/2020

Comment

• Mugshot so sad...

[ame]https://twitter.com/kmeinke/status/821805137454895104[/ame]
            Lions free since 6/23/2020

Comment

• Dam boogers and runny snot and all!
              Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Report: Jeff Garcia interviewed to be Browns QB coach

Posted by Zac Jackson on February 1, 2017, 10:53 AM EST
                TAMPA, FL - JANUARY 31: Jeff Garcia (L) talks with Donovan McNabb at the launch of the Isaac Daniel, ID Coach at the Sheraton Riverwalk on January 31, 2009 in Tampa, Florida. The ID Coach system allows coaches to communicate plays to players without using hand signals or audio transmitters. Play calls are transmitted using a military grade encrypted wireless link from the coaches Personal Remote Terminal (PRT) to the assigned player on the field who recieves the play on the ID Coach wristband. (Photo by Chris McGrath/Getty Images for EAG Sports Management)
                Getty Images
                The Browns recently interviewed former NFL quarterback Jeff Garcia for their quarterbacks coach job, Tony Grossi of ESPN 850 in Cleveland reported.

The Browns may not fill the job. They moved tight ends coach Greg Seamon over to coach quarterbacks for last week’s Senior Bowl, but Browns coach Hue Jackson has said he isn’t sure if he will hire a replacement for Pep Hamilton, who left after one season to coach at the University of Michigan.

Garcia was a four-time Pro Bowler and rose to stardom with the 49ers in the early 2000s. He had a forgettable one-year stint with the Browns in 2004, then took the Buccaneers to the playoffs and went to the Pro Bowl in 2007. He last played in 2011.

He has a year of CFL coaching experience and spent 2015 as an offensive assistant with the Rams. Garcia last month let it be known that he would like to be the new head coach of the 49ers but presumably didn’t get a call back.
                Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Kyle Van Noy: 'I'm in a better spot now. I'm in the Super Bowl'
                  Dave Birkett , Detroit Free Press 9:39 a.m. ET Jan. 31, 2017

HOUSTON -- Kyle Van Noy was full of emotions when Detroit Lions general manager Bob Quinn came to him on Oct. 25 and told him three words that changed the course of his NFL career: "You got traded."

Van Noy thought he was playing well as the Lions' No. 2 linebacker, starting alongside Tahir Whitehead in most defensive packages. But now the team that took him in the second round of the 2014 draft was giving up on him, sending him to the New England Patriots for an exchange of late-round picks.

He was nervous. He was confused. Maybe there was doubt and frustration, too.

But it took Van Noy all of one practice as a Patriot to feel like he belonged in an organization that will play in its seventh Super Bowl in 14 years Sunday, against the Atlanta Falcons (6:30 p.m., Fox).

"The first day of practice, I had a pick," Van Noy said. "So I think that was like, 'All right.'"

Van Noy spent his first three weeks in New England learning the playbook and getting accustomed to his teammates and the new defense. He was inactive for two games sandwiched around a bye week, then became a valuable role player for the league's No. 1-ranked scoring defense down the stretch.

In the playoffs, Van Noy has played about half of the Patriots' defensive snaps. He had four tackles and forced a fumble in an AFC championship game victory over the Pittsburgh Steelers, and as he looks back on his whirlwind of a season, he's thankful for how it went down.

"I felt like I wasn’t playing that bad (at the time of the trade)," Van Noy said at Super Bowl LI media night Monday. "I felt like I was improving each week, and that’s what it was all about. But they wanted to move on from me, so it is what it is. I’m in a better spot now. I’m in the Super Bowl."

Van Noy acknowledged that schematic and philosophical changes have helped him find a comfort level in New England that he never appeared to have in Detroit. The Patriots primarily have used him as an inside linebacker, occasionally blitzing him on passing downs. And while he still has shown some of the shortcomings he had in Detroit in pass coverage, he said he's experiencing a freedom on the field similar to what he had in his days at BYU.

"Just get to play football, not worry about your gap or anything, you just get to play free," Van Noy said. "The players get a lot of say. It’s awesome to play for a defensive coach like Matt Patricia who believes in his players, allows them to make field adjustments and be out there and change what you need to change, according to what you see. And I think that’s awesome. It speaks volumes to him and it shows why all his players play for him a long time and they enjoy playing in the Patriots' system."

Patriots linebackers coach Brian Flores said Van Noy's transformation is less about the scheme and more about the player. In New England, Van Noy has worked tirelessly -- he said there were days after the trade that he arrived at the team practice facility at 5 a.m. and didn't leave until 10 p.m. -- to learn the defense and become accountable to teammates.

"It’s a testament to him, 'cause he was adamant about, 'Let’s meet here, let’s meet here, let’s meet here,'" Flores said. "As a coach, I’ve got a million things going on, so we definitely had to carve out some time in the morning, after practice, sometimes later at night for him to kind of get up to speed. He worked really hard to get there."

Van Noy's work ethic wasn't a problem in Detroit, but he played sparingly as a rookie after undergoing surgery to repair a sports hernia in the preseason. He played mostly as a backup in 2015, behind Stephen Tulloch, Tahir Whitehead and Josh Bynes.

Detroit Lions' Kyle Van Noy ready to contribute after 2 lost years
                  He was ticketed for strongside linebacker duties alongside Whitehead and DeAndre Levy at the start of this season, but when Levy aggravated a knee injury in Week 1, Van Noy became the Lions' No. 2 linebacker and played in most nickel packages.

"I had a hard 2.5 years," Van Noy said. "I took a lot of heat from you guys and I took a lot of heat, in general, and I think finally playing well is kind of showing people like, 'Oh, man, we kind of should have waited just a little bit longer, maybe.'"

Van Noy said he's not sure why things didn't work out in Detroit.

"You can say it’s me. I’ll take the blame," he said. "I don’t want you to ever blame coach (Jim) Caldwell, because he’s a great coach. He doesn’t get enough credit for how good of a coach he is because those guys fight for him till the death, and I respect coach Caldwell. He’s one of my favorite coaches I’ve ever had, and I’ll always go to bat for him. So I’ll take the blame for all of it."

And while he insists that there's no animosity about the way things ended, Van Noy said there are times even he can't believe where he is.

"You always have the dream, as a kid, to finish where you started things," Van Noy said. "And unfortunately, it didn’t work out. I’m grateful for the opportunity that Bill (Belichick) gave me here. It’s been crazy, but I’ve enjoyed every bit of it, 'cause it hasn’t been easy."

Soooooo, (Marko69) he is a field rat there. Was a check casher here?

Comment

• Repeated

Caldwell, the great orator.

Game time decision maker, not so much.

Where have we seen this before? Ah, the last 8 years in the White House.
                    19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• Keep that political sh!t in the politics thread

Comment

• Not talking politics.

Just an observation of similarities.

Comment

• Former Lions TE Brandon Pettigrew arrested for Public Drunkeness.

Lions Fans.

Comment

• Van Noy getting sized for some bling
                            If you keep shootin, you can turn any piece of meat into burger

Comment

• Former Lions TE Brandon Pettigrew arrested for disorderly conduct

2/6/2017 2:00:43 PM

Former Detroit Lions tight end and first-round pick Brandon Pettigrew was arrested on charges of disorderly conduct and public drunkenness early Sunday morning in Oklahoma City, Nate Atkins of Mlive reports. This according to the Oklahoman.

Pettigrew, who was released by the Lions due to a non-football injury in December, was allegedly seen pushing and arguing with two men in a parking lot outside of a bar at close to 2 a.m. Sunday morning. After a number of commands to leave the area went unheeded, at least 10 officers responded, and Pettigrew was arrested. In the process, Pettigrew allegedly tried to refuse being seated in the back of the patrol car and had slurred speech.

He was booked in the Oklahoma County Jail and released later in the day.

Comment

• But... he was NOT naked!
                                Lions Fans.

Comment

Working...
                                X