No announcement yet.

Matt Stafford is the suckiest suck to ever suck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFu6E6wGBUM"]Pure Michigan: Lions v. Packers '17 - YouTube[/ame]
    Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

• Let me know in the comments what I got right and wrong and what you'd do differently in regard to the Detroit Lions.

Dave Birkett's year-end Lions awards

MVP
      QB Matthew Stafford:
      *This one is a no-brainer. Stafford had one of the better seasons of his eight-year career, throwing for 4,327 yards with 24 touchdowns and 10 interceptions. The Lions set a modern NFL record with eight come-from-behind victories, and Stafford was the engine that drove most of those. His play tailed off after he hurt the middle finger on his throwing hand in Week 13, but he still was*the most valuable player on this team.

Offensive player of the year
      Stafford:
      *At the risk of being redundant, Stafford is most deserving of this award, too. Golden Tate is the only other player worthy of consideration. Tate deserves credit for his third straight 90-catch season and leading the Lions with 1,077 receiving yards, but this offense would have been lost without Stafford as its trigger man. Considering the way Stafford spread the ball around -- five receivers with 50-plus catches -- I'm not sure the same could be said without Tate.

..... Fucking Stafford!
      Lions Fans.

Comment

• It's the titties.
        I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Lions MVP? Sam Martin.

Comment

• Prater could have recieved consideration also.
            Lions free since 6/23/2020

Comment

• Consider Mulbach and you have a tri-fecta.
              I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Stafford was the MVP, Dark Cloud is just trying out some Skip Bayless hot takes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Malto Marko View Post
                  Consider Mulbach and you have a tri-fecta.
                  Mulbach? Pfffttttt. That guy can't beat winning teams.
                  Lions Fans.

Comment

• You could make a compelling case for Sam Martin as MVP of the Lions.

a) If your offense is playing from behind (which they did for most of the season)
                    and
                    b) You defense is keeping the score close where you shouldn't be playing from behind (which they did for most of the season)
                    and
                    c) You admit the defense is personnel challenged (which they are)
                    then
                    d) The only way you stay in games is play bend but don't break (which they did)
                    enter
                    e) Sam Martin. 3rd best in the league in net punting average and #1 in the league in allowing the fewest number of kickoff returns when the Lions did score.
                    because
                    f) You can't win come from behind games when you aren't in them to begin with. You can't play bend but don't break from short fields either.
                    icing on the cake?
                    g) Who was the holder for all those FG's that came from aborted Lions drives and XP's that aren't gimmies anymore?

Sam Martin - Lions MVP. Helped account for over a 1/3rd of the teams points to boot. :-D

Comment

• Originally posted by Panoptes View Post
                      Some of you will do anything to defend Stafford.

Enough already.

Joe Montana was not the first overall pick of his draft class.

But he certainly made everyone better. Still waiting on Detroit.
                      Are you saying Joe Montana is coming to Detroit
                      F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• winner by default

Comment

• Detroit Lions' Matthew Stafford the highest paid QB? 'He's earned it'

"Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• Is Tom Brady the GOAT? Comparing today's players with old-time greats has always been a problem. But it's not impossible. We created a metric to rank the NFL's all-time best TD-throwing seasons.

A certain someone made this list. Is it a hot take to say I preferred gunslinger Stafford over the JBC version? Of course, the 2011 Stafford had the benefit of prime Calvin so that has to be factored in.

Comment

• Pay the guy. He has earned it.
                              I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlueBlazer05 View Post
                                http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...ns-nfl-history

A certain someone made this list. Is it a hot take to say I preferred gunslinger Stafford over the JBC version? Of course, the 2011 Stafford had the benefit of prime Calvin so that has to be factored in.
                                Looking at the number it was mostly due to making more attempts and having legitimate redzone targets. Calvin is gone, Pettigrew will be gone and didn't play, Ebron is getting better but still doesn't show up in the redzone. Boldin and Tate have never been because of size the greatest options for the jump ball. Jones played the jump ball pretty weak.

Then you have to look at running game. We always have a pretty bad running game but this was historic and for once in the last 10 years we played without a RB that was a consistent receiver for nearly the whole season.

The one thing I'll add and I don't think it's JBC's fault is that Caldwell loves slow drives and if we are doing down by one score or better (up) than Caldwell seems to like seeing a dialed down offense that tends to sputter but eats up time. In a perfect world I think he hopes that we can get to the point we are consistently scoring on drives and those drives be 7-9 minutes a pop. If we get a TD on 75% of the drives and give them only 1.25 possessions a quarter we become unstoppable.

Give Stafford a big receiver that fights for the ball in the end-zone and Riddick with a running game (not even a good one, just a legitimate running game) and Stafford's season would look more like 2011 than even the second half of last year.

Hopefully Rod Wood and Quinn will do a better job signing Stafford than the last extension and Calvin's big deal. There was no reason to wait till the NFL were into free agency and even mini camps, before getting a deal done.
                                AAL-Sam LaPorta

Comment

Working...
                                X