No announcement yet.

U of M thread (in the Lions Forum) :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CLOWNEY read the play and slanted to where he needed to be to get to where he wanted to go.

He made the entire play.
    19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• That and they miscommunication on blocking assignments. Take nothing away from Clowney but it doesn't change the fact that no one blocked him on that play.
      To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• His burst helped make such an explosive play but the OL screw up facilitated it.

Comment

• Originally posted by nhwbrooklyn View Post
          Clowney got there faster than anyone expected. He went lateral really quick and then burst forward like a rocket and hit like a freight train.

From the way the OL was blocking, Smith was probably supposed to immediately cut right hard away from Clowney's side. He was probably slow to get to the ball but Clowney was where he was way faster than they expected.
          Meh, that was poor blocking.
          LT blocked down
          TE just stood there like a bump on a log
          FB was blocking outside the TE

Nobody accounted for the best player on their D-line, I'd be surprised if Hoke didn't get an earful from Smith's mother.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fraquar View Post
            Meh, that was poor blocking.
            LT blocked down
            TE just stood there like a bump on a log
            FB was blocking outside the TE

Nobody accounted for the best player on their D-line, I'd be surprised if Hoke didn't get an earful from Smith's mother.
            Lewan explained that he was originally supposed to combo block with the TE, but at the line switched to combo block with the OG. The TE didn't hear the call, and therefore expected to combo block with Lewan (i.e. block the OLB and the DE, whichever went outside).

Comment

• I'm with gonz. Clowney figured out what the OL wanted to do or how they operate and was likely the main contributor to the OL assignment breakdown by going lateral so quickly and then bursting forward instantly.

The OL isn't perfect on a lot of plays but most DE's would have never been there that fast. Also the play developed really slow from the QB to the RB... dunno if that was on purpose or not but that contributed as well.
              Last edited by nhwbrooklyn; January 3, 2013, 03:08 PM.
              Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• No one even attempted to block him. Not too hard to figure out why he made the play.
                I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Moving on to basketball- Michigan is currently smoking Northwestern, 35-19. Burke is leading the way with 13 points.

GO BLUE!

Comment

• Dropping 51 in the first half on the road.

Damn.

Comment

• And they start off hot to start the second. 12 points in a little over 3 minutes.

Comment

• Originally posted by nhwbrooklyn View Post
                        I'm with gonz. Clowney figured out what the OL wanted to do or how they operate and was likely the main contributor to the OL assignment breakdown by going lateral so quickly and then bursting forward instantly.

The OL isn't perfect on a lot of plays but most DE's would have never been there that fast. Also the play developed really slow from the QB to the RB... dunno if that was on purpose or not but that contributed as well.
                        That play was designed to have Lewan block down on the DT and leave the TE one on one with their best player. A complete and total mismatch and very poor design. If you are going to do that you probably want the RB on the other side of the QB running away from Clowney and having a G pulling to trap block is ass, maybe cut back to the inside of the trap block not run straight at an unmolested beast.

Thats the equivalent of Backus blocking down on Paea and letting Peppers run free to destroy the RB. Whose going to stop him? Scheffler? Ha!!!

Comment

• The designed blocker got left in the dust by CLOWNEY and kept moving upfield looking like he was saying

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bs-Q0JmWjj0"]Which Way Did He Go George? - YouTube[/ame]
                          19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• 94-66 Final. 23 points for Burke, 21 for TH JR.

Comment

• No it wasn't. The blocking was change at the line and the TE missed the call. It was designed to have the TE and LT block the end and a linebacker. If the end goes outside (into the TE) the TE will block him until the LT can get into position. Then the TE will block the Lber. If the DE goes inside the TE will release directly to the Lber.

They change at the line so that the TE would block Clowney. But the TE missed the call. Thus when Clowney went inside, the TE released to the Lber, expecting LT to pick it up.

If the TE would have heard the call he would have blocked down on Clowney and had a nice angle.

Comment

• I wish somehow you guys would get it. But you won't.

Comment

Working...
                                X