Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mike Williams?
    Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

• Off-topic. Man I liked Chris Spielman. I know he didn't get one, but he was the shiznit.
      Lions Fans.

Comment

• Originally posted by dpatnod View Post
        Cliff Avril.
        Charlie Batch??
        Waddle??

I am too lame to google it.
        Avril you are probably right on. Batch of course. Waddle, he was let go middle of this year and picked up by Patriots. I think Williams was let go before they got a Superbowl win. Also turns out that I was wrong on Redding he left Baltimore before they won.
        AAL-Sam LaPorta

Comment

• Lomas Brown

Comment

• Panthers linebacker Shaq Thompson involved in head-on collision

Posted by Darin Gantt on May 23, 2016, 11:44 AM EDT
            APPanthers 2015 first-round pick Shaq Thompson’s car crossed the center line Sunday morning and hit another car, leaving another area football player injured.
            According to Bill Voth of Black and Blue Review, Thompson was charged with driving left of center after a crash which sent former Duke quarterback Anthony Boone to the hospital.
            He was driving in the suburbs south of Charlotte at 7:45 a.m. Sunday when he collided with Boone’s car head-on. Police said alcohol was involved, but not a factor in the crash. The fact Thompson wasn’t charged with anything suggests either he was below North Carolina’s legal limit, or it was involved in some other way other than affecting a driver.
            “Shaq informed us he was involved in a traffic accident and we are in the process of gathering more information,” Panthers spokesman Ryan Anderson said.
            Boone, who was in camp with the Lions last year, was hospitalized with serious but not life-threatening injuries. Thompson was not injured in the crash.
            Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Erik Kramer doing well, nine months after suicide attempt

Posted by Michael David Smith on May 23, 2016, 7:06 AM EDT
              Getty ImagesNine months ago, former Lions and Bears quarterback Erik Kramer bought a gun, checked into a hotel room and shot himself in the head. The bullet passed through his chin, his tongue, his sinus cavity and the top of his head. Kramer, who had been suffering from depression for years, survived the suicide attempt.
              For most of the time since then, Kramer has been in the hospital, getting treatment for his physical wounds and for his mental health. Now Kramer is doing well enough that he is opening up about his experience in an interview with Dave Birkett of the Detroit Free Press.
              “I don’t want to tempt fate but, at this point, I feel very good,” Kramer said. “And so my hope is to just keep living life and keep contributing and keep all that going.”
              Despite some speculation that brain injuries in football could have caused his depression, Kramer doesn’t feel that way. He said he doesn’t know of any concussions he ever suffered and doesn’t feel like there’s a connection between his depression and football injuries, although he can’t say for sure what exactly causes his depression. Kramer does know that he felt a sense emptiness from a series of problems in his family, most notably the death of his son from a heroin overdose.
              Now Kramer calls himself “extremely lucky” for surviving. His injuries were serious, but to see him now you wouldn’t know a bullet had passed through his head.
              “I don’t know how that happened,” Kramer said. “I guess I’m just one of the lucky ones.”
              Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Topweasel View Post
                Actually I'd almost like to see a list of the last decade or so. I am having a hard time thinking of to many players outside Redding that even went on to be backups at a Superbowl winner. Most of our best starters that left took starting jobs at shitty teams instead of backup jobs at winners and most of our backups were too shitty get past pre-season on most teams. Post '09 has probably changed that but not by much.
                You are right.
                Generally, every Lions player drafted from 2001-2016 hasn't won anything (except for a few).
                Most are out of the NFL in a few years.

It makes sense though because the Lions have had Matt Millen and a GM that drafted Ebron with a #10 pick. Can't forget about that 2011 Draft Class too
                AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Originally posted by Futureshock View Post
                  [B]
                  According to Bill Voth of Black and Blue Review, Thompson was charged with driving left of center after a crash which sent former Duke quarterback Anthony Boone to the hospital.
                  He was driving in the suburbs south of Charlotte at 7:45 a.m. Sunday when he collided with Boone?s car head-on. Police said alcohol was involved, but not a factor in the crash. The fact Thompson wasn?t charged with anything suggests either he was below North Carolina?s legal limit, or it was involved in some other way other than affecting a driver.
                  ?Shaq informed us he was involved in a traffic accident and we are in the process of gathering more information,? Panthers spokesman Ryan Anderson said.
                  Boone, who was in camp with the Lions last year, was hospitalized with serious but not life-threatening injuries. Thompson was not injured in the crash.
                  What are the odds of two football players just randomly colliding?

Comment

• I thought the same thing. But I can be na?ve to such things.

Comment

• Group led by Ronnie Lott, Rodney Peete hopes to develop new Oakland stadium

Posted by Mike Florio on May 23, 2016, 3:30 PM EDT
                      APWith the Raiders closer and closer to moving to Las Vegas, the effort to keep the team in Oakland isn’t dead. Yet.
                      According to Phillip Matier and Andrew Ross of the San Francisco Chronicle, former NFL players Ronnie Lott and Rodney Peete are leading a group of investors who hope to develop the 120 acres where the Coliseum is currently situated. (The development would include a new stadium, obviously.)
                      Lott and Peete reportedly have met in recent weeks with team executives and city officials regarding the proposal.
                      The group of predominantly African-American investors also includes Egbert Perry, the chairman of the board at Fannie Mae and the CEO of Integral, a real estate and investment firm that ranks among the largest African-American owned businesses in the United States. Per the report, the group presumably would want to purchase a piece of the team, if a stadium deal can be hammered out.
                      Still, Oakland Mayor Libby Schaaf didn’t sound optimistic about the situation.
                      “I will not meet with any developer for this project unless they are brought to me by the Raiders, and I have asked the City Council to do the same,” Schaaf told the Chronicle.
                      Regardless of how the talks initiate, the clock is ticking on a possible deal to keep the team in Oakland. Although it’s believed that owner Mark Davis would prefer to stay, it can’t happen without an acceptable stadium arrangement. And there simply aren’t an overabundance of options at this point.

Comment

Cliff Avril.
                        Charlie Batch??
                        Waddle??

I am too lame to google it.
                        Yeah, I can't think of too many.

Compton.
                        Avril.
                        Hastings, I think (I honestly can't remember if Pittsburgh won any championships with him as the starter and can't be arsed enough to look).

Comment

• Hartings?

Comment

• Former Duke QB still hospitalized after car wreck with Panthers linebacker

Posted by Darin Gantt on May 27, 2016, 8:28 AM EDT
                            Getty ImagesPanthers linebacker Shaq Thompson was back on the practice field for OTAs this week, running around with his teammates and hanging out at a charity golf tournament.
                            The guy he hit in a head-on collision last weekend, however, is still in the hospital recovering from multiple surgeries.
                            According to Joe Person of the Charlotte Observer, former Duke quarterback Anthony Boone remains at Carolinas Medical Center after procedures to repair hip and hand injuries, following the Sunday morning head-on collision with Thompson’s car.
                            Thompson was cited for driving left of center, and while alcohol was detected, he was under North Carolina’s legal limit according to police. Thompson said his cell phone fell under his feet, causing him to swerve into Boone’s lane, triggering the crash.
                            Boone, who was in camp with the Lions last summer, had just gone through a workout for a CFL team. But any thoughts of football are on hold while he recovers. His mother said he still hasn’t heard from Thompson or the Panthers (probably because they’re anticipating a lawsuit).
                            “He’s doing good. He’s got a long road back, but he’s getting better,” Jenice Boone said. “Praying every day, praying for strength.”
                            Boone left Duke as the winningest quarterback in school history (19, hey, it’s Duke), and threw for 5,789 yards and 38 touchdowns. He appeared in nine games with the Montreal Alouettes last year. But with a broken hip and ligament and tendon damage to his hand, it’s hard to imagine he’ll be playing anywhere soon.

Comment

• It was a stroke that Perriman suffered. Bummer.

Last edited by DanO; May 29, 2016, 12:08 PM.
                              Lions Fans.

Comment

It was a stroke that Perriman suffered. Bummer.

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/nf...alth/85044816/
                                Sucks, he's way to young for that.
                                "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

Working...
                                X