X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marketing casualty
    19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• I listen to a lot of tech podcasts and they all say that the Surface is top notch equipment.
      "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• Originally posted by UKBB View Post
        I listen to a lot of tech podcasts and they all say that the Surface is top notch equipment.
        I agree. That's a nice set of equipment there and he's got a lot of flexibility.
        #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Update on my daughter's Iphone chewing up data.

We finally found out that it was updating background apps-even if they were not running in the background and even if you had data turned off. Once we turned off the updates, it has been using data at a much more reasonable rate (in line with the data usage of our android phones)

If you have an iphone, make sure that you turn off all of that crap, especially if you are in areas that don't have wifi or lose it often.
          I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• I'll look at that.

Comment

• Ipad plus GO GO PILLOW is the greatest couch surfing combo I've found. That pillow is the greatest $15 investment ever.
              WHO CARES why it says paper jam when there is no paper jam?

Comment

• Got a new phone yesterday. Nothing interesting that wasn't nearly a year out on the Windows Phone market, so I got a Nexus 6. So far a fantastic device, a little big, and not as power friendly as my old Razor Maxx or Lumia 928, but still so smooth and without a single slow down or lag which was my biggest problem with Android before.
                AAL-Sam LaPorta

Comment

• Give it time, it will slow down. Something about that OS makes it really wonky after a while (in my experience).
                  #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Originally posted by -Deborah- View Post
                    Give it time, it will slow down. Something about that OS makes it really wonky after a while (in my experience).
                    You are probably right. I am hoping having a Google experience device and cpu/memory kind of plateauing out, that i can keep ahead of that. But I should either way be able to use it for the next year or so while waiting for Windows phone 10 to be released. I just want to see something interesting to come out, on Verizon to be specific.
                    AAL-Sam LaPorta

Comment

• This makes me a little bit nervous of upgrading this summer.

Windows 10 To Be 'Last Version Of Windows'

Microsoft's developer evangelist, Jerry Nixon, has dropped what many are claiming to be a bombshell about Windows 10 - the fact it will be the last version of the OS. The Verge recently cited Nixon as making this claim at Microsoft's Ignite conference. However, the reality isn't likely to please OSX [...]

I do not like the subscription-based model.

Work recently switched to Office 365. Color me less than impressed.
                      Last edited by dpatnod; May 10, 2015, 12:58 AM.
                      Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

• Interesting read dpatnod. Thanks.
                        I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Thanks dpatnod.

Mothers day has been good to me. Ha!

New addition (because the 10 year old Sony gave up the ghost) :

Create a home theater to rival your favorite cinema. The LG 65UF9500 TV features a wide 65-inch screen, Prime 4K UHD and 3D technology, and more.

Supposed to be their latest flagship

Got it for $3.7k out the door at Frys on a price match from onecall.com
                          Last edited by Panoptes; May 13, 2015, 08:54 PM.
                          19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• Holy crap, Im being slow today. I opened that and instantly thought you'd had a colourful, British railway station glass roof installed. Didn't notice the TV!

Was thinking, "3.7K for that? Bargain!"
                            "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• Originally posted by Marko69 View Post
                              Holy crap, Im being slow today. I opened that and instantly thought you'd had a colourful, British railway station glass roof installed. Didn't notice the TV!

Was thinking, "3.7K for that? Bargain!"
                              For a TV? Not so much. Ha!
                              I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
                                For a TV? Not so much. Ha!
                                Well........, didn't want to add that!
                                "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

Working...
                                X