No announcement yet.

Red Wings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He left sitting in an office staring at 4 walls and not having anything to do. Stevie "left" the organization also to go play in the bay
    Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• That's a good point Tony, Stevie will be back someday.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tony G View Post
        He left sitting in an office staring at 4 walls and not having anything to do. Stevie "left" the organization also to go play in the bay
        Stevie Y left to go get some OJT only to return in a few years when Holland retires.

Book it
        F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Already booked :-)

Comment

• Filppula skated with the Wings yesterday and was doing well. I wouldn't go all out to push him back for this shortened season if he's not ready.

IIRC it's a contract year for him so we'll see if he actually starts shooting the puck more. If he's healthy this could be the next step for him.
            F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Malto Marko View Post
              I am not clear what point you are making about Sparky as during that era I did not follow the Tigers much and have no idea what went on.
              When the owners tried the stupid strategy of playing replacements during the strike, Sparky wouldn't manage them. It created a rift between Sparky and the Tigers that was never really repaired. You never really saw Sparky after he retired in Detroit. That was mainly Ilitch being mad. Classy organizations don't let feuds simmer. What happened with Fedorov and the Red Wings was a decade ago, let it rest. The Red Wings were not blameless in dealing with Fedorov. You don't want to accept any of that, but Ilitch needs to put on the big boy pants and get over it. Put 91 in the rafters. Ultimately the way he left is a hell of a lot less important than what he helped the team accomplish while he was here.

Comment

• "Ultimately the way he left is a hell of a lot less important than what he helped the team accomplish while he was here."

Absolutely.

Comment

• You look at the numbers hanging in the Joe now.
                  • Steve Yzerman#19
                  • Terry Sawchuk#1
                  • Alex Delvecchio#10
                  • Ted Lindsay#7
                  • Sid Abel#12
                  • Gordie Howe#9

Legends all, they're undisputed top tier hall of famers. I look at that list and don't see where Sergei is a clear cut retired number.
                  Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Fedorov compares with Abel and Delvecchio.

Comment

• Actually Sergei's position is not uncommon in sports. Look at Brett Favre's relationship with the packers.

Comment

• Gordie said the Wings gave him the mushroom treatment

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                          Fedorov compares with Abel and Delvecchio.
                          Fedorov compares with Red Kelly, an all time great player that helped Detroit teams accomplish a lot but just don't have "it" when it comes to getting their number retired in Detroit. I mean Red Kelly played a key part in winning 4 championships here and he doesn't have his name up next to the guys who were just quintessential Red Wings.
                          2013 2014 AAL: Glover Quin #27

Comment

• Nope 91 deserves to be up in the rafters, its pretty clear.

Comment

• to some, but not to others

Comment

• Oh no, to anyone with a set of eyes and some objectivity its clear. Anyone who says otherwise is interested in holding grudges.

Comment

Working...
                                X