Official Detroit Pistons thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ghandi View Post
    I'd rather the money go towards Draymond than joe johnson.
    Obviously. But Draymond is a restricted FA. What I am saying is that if SVG has a sense that trading for JJ makes it likely that Monroe will stay, then I am for it. If not, I am not.

Comment

• BTW, Jerome Kersey died today, cause not yet disclosed. 52 yo. Was a beast on those Blazers teams. Really sad. RIP........

Comment

• where there's smoke, there's fire...rumors continue to heat up in Joe Johnson trade talks:

Tim Bontemps: Joe Johnson said rumors are true about his name being out there, and admitted that "it's been kind of different" this year because of it.

Pistons have showed interest in Johnson but no deal is imminent.
        "I eat a lot of corn, so it's actually fairly easy for me to find kernels in my shits."-fontes91

Comment

• I thought Shoeless Joe Johnson was banned for life ?
          The only logical explanation is:
          I'm about to die and this is my Jacob's Ladder

Comment

• I don't think JJ is coming to Detroit thankfully
            AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• So many trades in the last few minutes... a legit trade deadline.

Kevin Garnett to Minnesota, Kanter to OKC, Dragic to Miami.... and...

Reggie Jackson to Detroit! I love it... because he is young (compared to JJ)!
              AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Rumor is that Tayshaun Prince may also be coming back? Around these parts he was getting a lot of credit for stabilizing the Celtics.

Jerebko & Datome were sent to Boston. I don't watch enough basketball, but weren't those guys fairly young, and Tayshaun, well isn't.
                Last edited by Masspartan; February 19, 2015, 03:29 PM.
                Forever One!

Comment

• All of them are on contracts with one year remaining (ending after this season)... except for Reggie Jackson, who has a "qualifying offer" for 2015/2016... whatever that means.
                  AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Good day for Pistons.

Reggie Jackson in Detroit:

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6xLdXRMTLM"]Reggie Jackson Hits A Titanic 2 Run Home Run in The 1971 MLB All Star Game - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
                      There's talk of Tayshaun Prince being bought out of his contract in Boston. I'd be okay with it for vet minimum.

I doubt he'd want to take a chance on a 7-8 seed at this point in his career but its interesting if it happens in Boston
                      I knew he'd be back in the Stones uniform this season! I don't care what you freaks think, i'm glad to see Tay back just for this year.
                      F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Not sure what to think about the Reggie Jackson trade. It's definitely exciting to have a bigger more athletic PG that can help us make a run at the playoffs. But after this year it sounds like Jackson wants 14 mil a season.

He turned down 4 years @ 12 mil per. He doesn't shoot the 3 ball (28% career) particularly well, doesn't get to the line (2.7 times per 36 minutes) and isn't a huge playmaker (5.1 assists per 36 minutes in his career).

He still makes us better now but does this player make sense for a longterm contract? Are we getting rid of Jennings or is this insurance to see how he heels?
                        F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• This gives Jackson 28 games to prove his worth. All of the pieces Det traded are replaceable. If Jennings returns, great. Maybe Jackson bolts and the Pistons have cap space. I think this is worth the shot. I like what SVG is doing. He did not mortgage any of the future, except for 2nd rd picks. Maybe this is the push the team needed to get them over the hump and into the playoffs. Even though they likely lose in the 1st rd, it's a good message to Monroe, and maybe he is willing to stay. If not, maybe Det keeps Jackson and adds Draymond. Indiana and at least one other team made a strong push for Jackson. He is athletic and talented. But not a good 3-pt shooter. If nothing else it will make for an exciting couple of months.

I'm watching Bad Boys on netflix right now. Isiah is in the middle of his 16 pts in 94 seconds stretch vs the Knicks. Ah the memories.......

Comment

• Originally posted by fontes91 View Post
                            If nothing else it will make for an exciting couple of months.
                            This!
                            F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• I give Van Gundy credit. He is creative and really trying hard. He has his players doing the same. I like the way he is not just going through the motions but is in fact, making changes to spur improvement.
                              I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Originally posted by fontes91 View Post
                                This gives Jackson 28 games to prove his worth. All of the pieces Det traded are replaceable. If Jennings returns, great. Maybe Jackson bolts and the Pistons have cap space. I think this is worth the shot. I like what SVG is doing. He did not mortgage any of the future, except for 2nd rd picks. Maybe this is the push the team needed to get them over the hump and into the playoffs. Even though they likely lose in the 1st rd, it's a good message to Monroe, and maybe he is willing to stay. If not, maybe Det keeps Jackson and adds Draymond. Indiana and at least one other team made a strong push for Jackson. He is athletic and talented. But not a good 3-pt shooter. If nothing else it will make for an exciting couple of months.

I'm watching Bad Boys on netflix right now. Isiah is in the middle of his 16 pts in 94 seconds stretch vs the Knicks. Ah the memories.......
                                YEP!!!! They didn't lose anything and have a shot a player who may be ready to break out. At least he thinks he is.
                                GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

Working...
                                X