No announcement yet.

Tracking former Lions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ephram and his partner Chester Pitts made the classic Amazing Race mistake .... relying on a flight with 2 connections to go smoothly and get them to their destination on time. They ended up a full day behind the field and go eliminated.
    Forever One!

Comment

• We can only hope Murtha and his hot wife do better next year
      I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Never Forget.
        AAL:to be determined

2011 NFL Draft Wish List:

1. Patrick Peterson Cornerback LSU
        2. Mark Herzlich Outside Linebacker Boston College
        3. John Moffitt Center Wisconsin
        4. Steve Schilling Guard Michigan
        5. Jeremy Kerley Wide Receiver TCU
        6. Carl Johnson Tackle Florida
        7. Johnny Patrick Cornerback Louisville

Comment

• Mike Thomas's lawn care business is taking off nicely.
          The only logical explanation is:
          I'm about to die and this is my Jacob's Ladder

Comment

• Drayton Florence just had a pick 6 for the Panthers.
            Forever One!

Comment

• Gym Shorts Bills DC

Comment

• P. "Just Fall On The Fumble" LENON, LB for SB bound DEN
                19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• Originally posted by James D View Post
                  Gym Shorts Bills DC
                  I will never give Schwartz credit for being a Lion, he was their coach, and a poor one at that. Not being picky here, last year pissed me off more than any year since 1981 (even worse than 0-16!)

Comment

• Ex-Lions offensive coordinator Scott Linehan hired as playcaller for Dallas Cowboys

The Detroit Lions staged a memorable 10-point comeback in the final 4 minutes of a game against the Dallas Cowboys last season. Calvin Johnson ripped off a record 329 yards receiving.

It was Scott Linehan's offense at one of its finest moments.

And the Cowboys apparently were impressed.

They've hired the former Lions coordinator to call their plays next season, according to NFL Network. Offensive coordinator Bill Callahan is expected to remain on the staff, per the outlet.

Linehan will call the plays for a Cowboys offense that isn't so dissimilar from Detroit's in personnel. Tony Romo is a quarterback to whom Matthew Stafford has been compared, with both interpolating big yardage numbers with ill-timed miscues.

Dallas Pro Bowl tailback DeMarco Murray is built in the Joique Bell mold as a tailback who can do it all, from catching passes to running with authority between the tackles.

So Linehan shouldn't have to deviate too much from a playbook that procured some big-time numbers in Detroit. He spent the past five seasons as the Lions' coordinator, and his offenses hadn't finished worse than sixth in yardage since 2010.

Stafford became one of just three quarterbacks to throw for at least 4,000 yards each of the past three seasons. Drew Brees and Peyton Manning are the others.

The 25-year-old produced one of the most memorable plays of his career against the Cowboys last season, when he rushing for a game-winning touchdown after initially signaling for a spike to stop the clock.

But Stafford wilted down the stretch last year, throwing 12 picks in the final seven games as Detroit nosedived to a 1-6 finish. Linehan was fired a day after the regular-season finale, along with head coach Jim Schwartz.

But Linehan remains a respected playcaller around the league, and it should come as no surprise that he has landed on his feet, albeit with a slight demotion. He also reportedly interviewed for the Ravens' offensive coordinator job, which had been held by new Lions head coach Jim Caldwell.
                    The Detroit Lions staged a memorable 10-point comeback in the final 4 minutes of a game against the Dallas Cowboys last season. Calvin Johnson ripped off a record 329 yards receiving. It was Scott Linehan's offense at one of its finest moments. And the Cowboys apparently were impressed.
                    2015 AAL - Ezekiel "Double Digit Sacks" Ansah.

Comment

• Does this mean Romo will now slide in his talent?
                      Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Ahh, now that's a better shade of blue for you, Jim Schwartz
                        Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• lol
                          F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• ... The Cardinals signed free-agent linebacker Ernie Sims to a one-year contract.

Sims, Detroit’s first-round pick and the ninth selection overall in 2006, played the last two seasons with the Cowboys. The eight-year veteran played four seasons in Detroit.

... The Bears signed kick returners/receivers Armanti Edwards and Micheal Spurlock and reached an injury settlement with receiver Domenik Hixon. Spurlock played for the Lions last season.

... Former Lions running back Kevin Smith was released by Winnipeg of the Canadian Football League.

He was hampered by a hamstring injury.
                            I think Kevin Smith needs to look at a career change.
                            2015 AAL - Ezekiel "Double Digit Sacks" Ansah.

Comment

• Jahvid Best suit vs. NFL dismissed

Former Detroit Lions running back Jahvid Best's civil lawsuit against the NFL and helmet makers Riddell and Easton-Bell Sports has been dismissed.
                              A document obtained by ESPN.com showed Best's case against the league was dismissed from the Wayne County Circuit Court in Michigan on May 6 due to a nonservice dismissal without prejudice.

This likely means that Best, the plaintiff, did not serve the defendants in a defined period of time. This led to the case's dismissal. Best can refile the suit, but it is unclear if he will do so. His attorney in the case, Bret Schnitzer, did not return messages and an e-mail seeking comment Thursday.
                              Best spent last season at his alma mater, Cal, as a student assistant coach working with the Golden Bears' running backs. Best still holds school records for kick return average and the most 200-yard rushing games.
                              Schnitzer told ESPN.com in January, when the case was filed, that one of the purposes of the suit was to set up a medical fund for Best "in order to deal with future medical conditions out of this concussion syndrome."
                              Best had multiple concussions in the NFL with the Lions and had two concussions at Cal before entering the NFL. Part of Schnitzer's contention in January was that after the league knew about Best's concussion history in college, it still allowed him to be drafted.
                              Best was the No. 30 pick in the 2010 NFL draft. He played 22 games for the Lions, gaining 945 yards rushing and 774 yards receiving. He had 12 total offensive touchdowns in his career.
                              Best's concussions came as the league was adjusting its concussion policies and the treatment of concussions in the NFL.
                              "One of the goals of the litigation is to protect Mr. Best down the road in terms of his medical condition," Schnitzer said in January. "And problems that he may have in the future."
                              The Lions were not listed in the suit, but Best had filed a workers' compensation claim against the club.

Former Detroit Lions running back Jahvid Best's lawsuit against the NFL and helmet makers Riddell and Easton-Bell Sports has been dismissed.

AAL Quintez Cephus
                              If you fall during your life, it doesn't matter. You're never a failure as long as you try to get up.

Comment

• when asked to comment, Mr. Best said "Playdough"
                                The only logical explanation is:
                                I'm about to die and this is my Jacob's Ladder

Comment

Working...
                                X