No announcement yet.

Red Wings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If this team can some how manage to survive the first round, and get Z and big E back..... I think they are cup contenders.
    But I'm not holding my breathe.

I'm stoked for next year though! I hope that Holland can swing a deal to help out this teams Defense in the offseason and we'll be a really good team.

I'm still dreaming of a Shea Weber type...... but more realistically we can hope for an Edler or Yandle.

Wouldn't need to give up as much and they are both very good.

And Kronwall has looked out of sorts the past few weeks. He seems to be getting burned more often than not..... He must be missing big E. Regardless, he needs to step it up in the playoffs because he can't play as bad as he has been if they want to compete.
    Last edited by Habib21; April 10, 2014, 01:46 PM.

Comment

• If we'd have landed Suter and Praise we'd be really strong right now. I wish they'd have come to The D
      F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
        If we'd have landed Suter and Praise we'd be really strong right now. I wish they'd have come to The D
        They are getting paid a bunch and having fun playing for their homies but, how have they been doing in the post season?

Guess money means more than cups.
        I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Shouldn't the NHL Coach of the Year award go to Jeff Blashill?

Comment

• A couple of weeks ago I was relating the story of a friend of mine after his name appeared in the Detroit Free Press. Seems Cummy Burton's futility at not scoring a goal with the big club had stood as a record for some 55 years until one of the kids from Grand Rapids eclipsed it. Cummhy was up and down with the wings over a four year period and his main contribution to the club was his ability to build team morale with pranks and jokes. He always roomed with Gordie Howe because as he'd like to say, he was the only one who could keep the big guy in line. The time I was with them I could tell Gordie really liked Cummy. So after writing that little ditty I thought it would be nice to bring the two of them together, maybe for a lunch and a beer. You couldn't do much more with both of them victims of alzheimer's. But it's not going to happen. I went to see Cummy yesterday. He lives with his brother Marty in the main floor apartment in a building owned by his wife. Susie lives upstairs. I'm sad that he has progressed to the point that such a plan is unworkable. While he knows me, he has lost a great deal of mobility. When I left the room to get him a coffee, He was shocked and surprised when I returned, forgetting I was already there. Somehow, I wish the NHL would find a way to treat borderline players to a nice luncheon each year for those who could make it. Maybe a few films of old games, whatever. I know there was a time Cummy would have loved to be sitting next to Howe. And I know Gordie would have felt that way about Cummy too.

Comment

• I hear Gordie has the same issues
              Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• You hear correctly but I don't think he is as bad as Cat is describing Cummy is.

Comment

• Sorry to hear that Cat.
                  GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• No he's not as bad as Cummy is but apparently before he gets up in the morning mark asks him if he can name his kids..It would seem to me that some of these cases we hear of are related to the game.
                    Big game tonight...Haven't seen any games yet that I would classify as an upset....Will the wings be the first?

Comment

• Originally posted by Malto Marko View Post
                      Time to reactivate Cleary.;-)
                      How did I ever miss this comment!!
                      F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Cat View Post
                        No he's not as bad as Cummy is but apparently before he gets up in the morning mark asks him if he can name his kids..It would seem to me that some of these cases we hear of are related to the game.
                        Big game tonight...Haven't seen any games yet that I would classify as an upset....Will the wings be the first?
                        Last nights triple OT game between Chicago and the Blues was a classic for all time.

Hell of a game.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
                          How did I ever miss this comment!!
                          Heh, heh.

Was wondering how long it would take for you to comment on it.

Comment

• He's been stuck in the slow learner's thread for two months Mark..........That..... and you know what have been keeping him up late.....NO! It's the BABY!

Comment

• Originally posted by The Cat View Post
                              He's been stuck in the slow learner's thread for two months Mark..........That..... and you know what have been keeping him up late.....NO! It's the BABY!
                              lol. True on all counts!
                              F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Well, don't ya know?

The average goals scored in all of the other first games of the series is 7. Wings Bruins only have one goal.

Good to be on the right side of the single goal.

Comment

Working...
                                X