OT: Technology and Geek Stuff Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks, Tony.
    I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• No Problem MM
      Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Originally posted by Malto Marko View Post
        I need a bit of help here.

Someone told me this morning the name of this new technology but I forgot what it is called.

It is for use on smartphones and there is a square that looks like a maze, you scan or take a picture of it with your smartphone and it sends you to a website that gives more info about an item.

Seems to me he called it Q 4 but I have not been able to google that successfully.
        It's tech that's already being lol at by techies as old news.
        19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• Originally posted by Panoptes View Post
          It's tech that's already being lol at by techies as old news.
          Ya. I know but I am on the backside of the technology curve.
          I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Originally posted by Malto Marko View Post
            Ya. I know but I am on the backside of the technology curve.
            Ditto

Just what I read
            19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• Need some help troubleshooting a network problem at home:

Standard setup; multiple computers hooked up to a router, router connected to the cable modem, cable modem to the internet.

All of a sudden last night one (and only one) computer won't connect to the internet anymore. According to the network map (Windows 7 machine), it's connected to the router all right; but the connection from the router to the internet is down. It obviously isn't down because my other computers work; but still I've tried rebooting my router, the cable modem, and issuing ipconfing /release and /renews.

I'm running a McAfee scan right now, but nothing is coming up so far.

I did notice that even though it says I'm connected to the router; I can't go to the router setup or access any devices that are connected to the network.

I tried disabling the firewall last night and that didn't seem to work; I'll try again after the scan.

Oh, and I also tried hardwiring the computer to the router last night, but still no luck

anybody got any suggestions?
              Last edited by mason reese; August 25, 2012, 08:32 AM.
              "This is an empty signature. Because apparently carrying a quote from anyone in this space means you are obsessed with that person. "

Comment

• Is there something wrong with that particular port in the router that computer is plugged to? Try switching a different computer to that port.
                GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Like DanO, I have had a hard wired port go bad when those next to it continue to work. In this case, I assume you have a wireless link in play on the computer in question? If that is the case, Win7 has a Troubleshoot/Repair routine that attempts to "repair" the network adapter. You might try that if you haven't already. I would also follow through on your idea to try the firewall again.

Comment

• Mason - is it a desktop or a laptop computer? When you run ipconfig - what IP address is listed? Are your computers on a domain? Have you tried going to device manager and uninstalling/reinstalling the network adapter?
                    Got Kneecaps?

Comment

• Originally posted by DanO View Post
                      Is there something wrong with that particular port in the router that computer is plugged to? Try switching a different computer to that port.
                      Originally posted by bimmer84 View Post
                      Like DanO, I have had a hard wired port go bad when those next to it continue to work. In this case, I assume you have a wireless link in play on the computer in question? If that is the case, Win7 has a Troubleshoot/Repair routine that attempts to "repair" the network adapter. You might try that if you haven't already. I would also follow through on your idea to try the firewall again.
                      I've tried it both wired and wireless neither are working. Troubleshooting routine says it's a problem between the cable (broadband) modem and the internet; but that would affect all my computers. Haven't tried killing the firewall yet, I'm rerunning the scan under my admin login.

Originally posted by Coop View Post
                      Mason - is it a desktop or a laptop computer? When you run ipconfig - what IP address is listed? Are your computers on a domain? Have you tried going to device manager and uninstalling/reinstalling the network adapter?
                      laptop. IPconfig lists the IP address as a standard router based network IP...192.168.1.56 (when I'm wireless), 192.168.1.62 (when I'm wired). Just tried the uninstall/reinstall of the network adapter didn't work; also did a /flushdns.

More info: The computer shows up on my Router as an attached device. It's looks somewhat like an access or permissions issue, it can see everything on the network but it's not allowed to interact. I just can't seem to find where the permissions need to be changed.
                      "This is an empty signature. Because apparently carrying a quote from anyone in this space means you are obsessed with that person. "

Comment

• Mason - is the computer on a domain?
                        Got Kneecaps?

Comment

• It's on a computer desk.
                          GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Ahem... Wheres my Venison ???
                            Got Kneecaps?

Comment

• Originally posted by DanO View Post
                              It's on a computer desk.
                              I don't get it.
                              It's so flat you can watch your dog run away for three days.

Comment

• He's being snarky Kansaw...
                                Got Kneecaps?

Comment

Working...
                                X