Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Football, Team 137, 2016 Season.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WM Wolverine View Post

How many times has M won 11+ games in the last twenty seasons?
    Not nearly enough but that's about to change.

Comment

How many times has M won 11+ games in the last twenty seasons?
      3; '97, '06 and '11. But yes, not nearly enough...
      Repugnant is the creature who would squander the ability to lift an eye to heaven, conscious of his fleeting time here.

Comment

• 3 times is not often enough and that needs to change...

I'd be happy with either 10-2 and a NYD bowl win or 10-2, B1G champ and a NYD bowl loss. One of the keys is to winning the B1G obviously is beating OSU, The Game will likely determine who will play in the B1G CG. 2-losses and one of them to the Buckeyes? I think OSU plays in the B1G CG, 2-losses but beat the Buckeyes? Good chance M wins the East. I don't think very highly of Sparty or anyone else in the East and the West should be able to hold it's own minus Purdue & the Illini.

Comment

• Originally posted by UMStan White View Post
          I would assume that the millions he received coming out of high school as a baseball prospect and the money he made playing baseball made up for much more than the "NFL draft punishment" he may have suffered and the "humiliation" of "flunking out of baseball"
          His signing bonus in the NFL and his first year's salary would have probably equaled what he got in his entire contract from Steinbrenner. And he actually had a future in football. Worst case -- he would have suffered an early injury and only walked away from the game with $20 million or so after a few years of doing nothing. Best case -- He'd still be playing.

Comment

• His signing bonus along would have probably doubled what he made in his baseball career. If I remember right, NYY only gave him like $3-4M to go to baseball.

Comment

• It was 4 years/$17M for him to forgo his senior year at UM. He also got a $1M signing bonus from the Yankees out of High School. As it turned out, he gave up about half of that 2nd deal to make an attempt at football with the Cowboys. Now he's a low level baseball scout.

Comment

• Easy decision; guaranteed $17mil vs maybe $17+mil in NFL.

Comment

• He wasn't going to make it in football.

Comment

• Money was not the issue! He passed up $$$ to fulfil his dream of being a 'New York Yankee' and wanting to be the next 'Derek Jeter' .

If he stayed, he was going to be in the Heisman running, then a top drafted QB, if he played like everyone at the time thought he would.

Comment

• He was poised to have a tremendous senior year. David Terrell probably would have stayed, giving him a go-to receiver that would have made him have excellent statistics. He was definitely going to be top 10 certainly no worse than top 15 in the NFL draft. That is, barring injuries. Biggest problem I have with him is that he went back on his promise to Lloyd Carr and went and played baseball instead of finishing his football career.
                      "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                        He wasn't going to make it in football.
                        LOL

Comment

Easy decision; guaranteed $17mil vs maybe $17+mil in NFL.
                          It isn't a maybe. I'll bet that Ryan Leaf made $17 Mil by just hanging around for a few years.

Henson's big mistake was vastly overestimating his baseball abilities, thinking he could be an MLB third baseman.

Comment

• Yep. That's the year expansion Houston took David Carr out of Fresno St. with the #1 overall pick.

The first pick in the 2002 draft, Carr earned $22 million in his first four years with the Texans, not including incentive bonuses. Barring a career-ending injury or restructuring of his contract for salary-cap purposes, he'll earn $46.75 million over the first seven years of his career.

Comment

• This is pretty cool: ..

"What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• That's awesome. Target schools that have 3-4-5 star players...subliminal recruiting!
                                “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

Working...
                                X