No announcement yet.

U of M thread (in the Lions Forum) :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Agree with Froot as well. I don't know any MSU bandwagon fans...they've just been more vocal the last half decade or so. Deservedly so.

Comment

• When I was young the only Spartan fans were teachers at my school. It is still pretty much alums and relatives of alums. Michigan fans are much more numerous especially in Metro Detroit. In the rural areas it is different there are a lot more MSU fans.

Michigan fans will awaken now with Harbaugh.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
        I haven't seen any evidence of bandwagon Spartan fans. Metro Detroit is heavy with Michigan fans.
        Since returning to Michigan 3 years ago, I've seen a lot more green than I did when I lived back in state for 7 months in '06-'07. Maybe if you're around it all the time, you don't notice?

Comment

• I am with Froot.

Yes, JD, we do see a lot more now in the Metro Area and I love striking up a conversation with them. I find like has already been stated, they are either Alum or have a close relative who is. Not many are doing it just because they have been kicking everyones ass in football and basketball.
          I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Originally posted by Malto Marko View Post
            I am with Froot.

Yes, JD, we do see a lot more now in the Metro Area and I love striking up a conversation with them. I find like has already been stated, they are either Alum or have a close relative who is. Not many are doing it just because they have been kicking everyones ass in football and basketball*.

*-5-6 vs. Michigan in the last 5 years.

Comment

• It has been a long time since I lived in Michigan, but when I was there, Michigan captured most fans in the state that didn't have some sort of direct tie to MSU. It is interesting that it is pretty much the same with Alabama and Auburn in Alabama.

I wonder if it is like that in other states with two major state schools?
              I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• I lived in Austin for seven years, so my view on how things were between UT and TAMU is a little skewed but it seemed that there was more burnt orange in other parts of the state (Dallas, SA and maybe even Houston) than maroon. As for when I lived in LA, I'd say things were pretty even but maybe a slight UCLA-lean, until Sneaky Pete started getting USC winning. LA is the biggest bandwagoning city of anywhere I've lived, though.

Comment

• That was a huge resume'-builder, especially without LeVert.

GO BLUE!

Comment

• 247 Sports ranks the recruiting classes:

In order to create the most comprehensive Team Recruiting Ranking without any notion of bias, 247Sports Team Recruiting Ranking is solely based on the 247Sports Composite Rating.
                    I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• I saw in the M forum that Michigan did well. Rashan Gary was supposedly a lock, but in the last week or so, it looked like he might jump to Clemson. Glad he, and his moms wasn't swayed.

I'm assuming Gary is gonna play this season?
                      ------------
                      <<< Jana Cova ...again (8 <<<

Comment

• A lot of freshman will play, he'll play more. We're loaded at his position, but he'll be able to play some DE too.

Comment

• I'm glad all the high school recruiting stories will die down now.

Comment

• Comment

• Michigan’s odds to win the national championship have improved to 7-1, second only to Alabama, according to the Westgate Las Vegas Superbook.

Michigan’s odds to win the national championship have improved to 7-1, second only to Alabama, according to the Westgate Las Vegas Superbook.

Comment

• Thats just crazy.

Comment

Working...
                                X