No announcement yet.

Official Detroit Pistons thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost by 20 to the Sixers. The fairy tale is over. Lottery bound. Monroe likely gone. Did I dream that win streak? Feels like it was a dream. And now we're back to the reality nightmare.

Comment

• I figured it was going to get ugly.
      GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• [ame]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=J9gKyRmic20[/ame]

Comment

• Originally posted by fontes91 View Post
          Monroe likely gone.
          If Monroe can't see that Van Gundy will have these guys in the playoffs next year and he will build a perennial contender then, I say good riddance.

SVG has done a masterful job with what he had to work with and especially getting screwed out of a first round draft pick this year.
          I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• "If Monroe can't see that Van Gundy will have these guys in the playoffs next year and he will build a perennial contender then, I say good riddance."
            ---------------Kind of agree. Before the Jennings injury it was a no brainer. Now I'm not so sure. Tough injury to come back from.
            GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Good riddance is easy to say and may make you feel good about yourself but it is horribly myopic in wake of the upcoming free agent market. It is going to be slim pickings for the next few years. Its going to be a time where money and salary caps don't matter because the revenue is going to double shortly. I know Malto Marko may believe in Stan Van Gundy and his ability to work magic, but you need the players.

I can only hope that the Pistons were caught off guard by the TV deal after their relatively hard ball negotiation with Monroe. What he was asking for will look like a bargain two years from now.

Comment

• Throwing near max money at Draymond works for me.
                Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• After all this, somehow the Pistons might be back to the no man's land of the past several years. With Smith, they were looking like a top-5 draft pick candidate. Without Smith, they were looking like a frisky lower seed in the playoffs. Now with Jennings out, Detroit's looking at that familiar 7-9 range again. Bah, at least they have the damn pick this year.

Comment

• Note a bad year to pick late lotto.
                    Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• Originally posted by nhwbrooklyn View Post
                      Note a bad year to pick late lotto.
                      The optimist says this every year. Last year was supposed to be this awesome draft, deep all the way to 30 and then it turned out to be about as bad as the historically awful draft the year before. Tyler Ennis, TJ Warren and Nik Stauskas got drafted in the alleged sweet spot of the draft.

The draft just isn't that important anymore unless there is a no brainer #1. The rest of the guys blow usually. If you get a guy who fits your system he might take off. But I am taking the Bellichick approach to all drafts from here on out, it doesn't matter half as much as we think and we should just take players from Rutgers or guys with broken legs just to show everybody how unimportant it is.

This draft has Okafor and a bunch a question marks. Either get Okafor or pray. Just randomly take some guy off Chad Ford's list that he will alter 5 years from now to make the draft seem like it has some science behind it and he is the scientist that knows all.

Dante Exum is a POS, I can say that confidentally and he is only 19. Jusuf Nurkic might end up the 2nd best player in this draft and everyone hated Denver picking him. The Bucks have the same talent as last year but now they have a system that makes sense (who knew Jason Kidd was good?) and now they win all the time.

There are craploads of similar quality players these days, they all do the same regiment, they all got promoted through the ranks because they all had the same ear markings, length, athletic and some skill. Unless you are crazy like Okafor or Anthony Davis it don't matter. There are 10 guys with Paul George potential every year, the one that is Paul George is total guesswork and the one that is Anthony Bennet is too.

I am officially anti-draft, maybe at CGVT levels.
                      The Lions went 11-5 in 2014

Comment

• I think that's because more and more the draft is comprised of 19 and 20 year old kids, and largely unknowns from overseas. Imho there is typically a huge development difference between 19 and 22. The draft has always been a crap shoot of sorts. Only now it's a Crap shoot with a capital C.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deuce View Post
                          The optimist says this every year. Last year was supposed to be this awesome draft, deep all the way to 30 and then it turned out to be about as bad as the historically awful draft the year before. Tyler Ennis, TJ Warren and Nik Stauskas got drafted in the alleged sweet spot of the draft.

The draft just isn't that important anymore unless there is a no brainer #1. The rest of the guys blow usually. If you get a guy who fits your system he might take off. But I am taking the Bellichick approach to all drafts from here on out, it doesn't matter half as much as we think and we should just take players from Rutgers or guys with broken legs just to show everybody how unimportant it is.

This draft has Okafor and a bunch a question marks. Either get Okafor or pray. Just randomly take some guy off Chad Ford's list that he will alter 5 years from now to make the draft seem like it has some science behind it and he is the scientist that knows all.

Dante Exum is a POS, I can say that confidentally and he is only 19. Jusuf Nurkic might end up the 2nd best player in this draft and everyone hated Denver picking him. The Bucks have the same talent as last year but now they have a system that makes sense (who knew Jason Kidd was good?) and now they win all the time.

There are craploads of similar quality players these days, they all do the same regiment, they all got promoted through the ranks because they all had the same ear markings, length, athletic and some skill. Unless you are crazy like Okafor or Anthony Davis it don't matter. There are 10 guys with Paul George potential every year, the one that is Paul George is total guesswork and the one that is Anthony Bennet is too.

I am officially anti-draft, maybe at CGVT levels.
                          Monroe, KCP, Drummond... all late lotto picks. Some years you'll get a good option in that range and some you won't. To me, this seems like a good year for that range.

Pistons looked pretty good tonight. Maybe they will put up a fight for a playoff spot still yet.

Comment

• There's still plenty of talent in every draft, you just have to draft the right guys and be a little more patient than before.

Comment

• I missed the game tonight. DJ seems really hot and cold.

Comment

Working...
                              X