Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
    That is an absolutely ridiculous "fact"

I would bet that if you took any point in the game and started measuring there would be a "76 percent chance of at least one team playing better within the next three minutes".
    I dunno.

My experience at the youth level, is that the bench gets revved up and goes out and hustles more after one of their team mates battles someone who they were being bullied by or on the receiving side of dirty hits.
    I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• ......and I will add that this coach did not encourage fighting and in fact added extra hard work at next practice for those who engaged in fights.

What ended up happening is that if the fight was not for a stupid reason or lunkhead move by our player, the entire team participated in his extra drills (voluntarily on their part).
      Last edited by Malto Marko; January 30, 2015, 11:16 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Malto Marko View Post
        We agree to disagree.

.......besides, they are fun to watch.;)
        Well there you go. There's its purpose. At least you're honest about it. People want to see fights. It's part of the show. It's part of the entertainment. And frankly, that's all it needs to be. If you're putting down your money, and you want to see two people pummel each other, and they're willing to do it... fuck, boxing EXISTS for precisely that reason, and it doesn't any further rationalization. Why does fighting in hockey?

The only thing I roll my eyes at is the guilty attempts to make it an inexorable part of the game. It doesn't deter cheap shots. It doesn't correct errant behavior, at least not at the professional level.

Comment

• I love the hand pass in front of the goal rule!

Comment

• Nice 3-0 win in Colorado. It's so nice hearing about all of the Wings fans taking over places.
            F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Yeah, thankfully Roy pulled his goaltender with about 3 minutes left in the game being down 1-0 giving Detroit two empty netters.
              All emotions can be traced back to two basic ones........love and fear.

Comment

• Originally posted by SnowMeiser View Post
                Yeah, thankfully Roy pulled his goaltender with about 3 minutes left in the game being down 1-0 giving Detroit two empty netters.
                Yeah i thought that was really stupid as well. I had to read it several times to see if i read it right.
                F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• I'm starting to think we're going to have a full house at the goalie position next year. Mrazek is looking really good in net and they say that his mental approach to the game mirrors Hasek.

Mrazek is 12-4 in 18 games played, with a .912 save percentage and 2.50 goals against average. Down the road will we be looking at trading Howard and going with the youngin?
                  F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• I think Gustav will be the odd man out and Mrazek will back up Howard for a couple of years.

Comment

• Depends on how Howard finishes out the year Malto.
                      GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Originally posted by DanO View Post
                        Depends on how Howard finishes out the year Malto.
                        True but he played very well before he went down and of the three has the most playoff experience.

I do not see them trading him until Mrazek gets some playoff experience.

Comment

• Gus is definitely gone but if they think Mrazek has the goods I'd trade Howard and not look back. That 6 mil can be spent elsewhere helping us restock talent.
                          F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• They are not going to trade away a goalie that is playing well and has playoff experience.

He was playing well before he got injured. If he plays poorly after his return, no one will want to take on his contract.

....and if he does play well, they are not going to let a good goalie get away.

Comment

• Mrazek has won 9 of 10 games but we're going to send him back to the minors? I think this is stupid. I get that Howard isn't going anywhere and they like Gus as a backup while the rookie can be sent down without having to clear waivers but this is retarded.

They make everyone else coming back from injury "earn" their jobs so why not in this instance? Let me repeat, we've won 9 of 10 games and we're in 1st place!
                              F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
                                Mrazek has won 9 of 10 games but we're going to send him back to the minors? I think this is stupid. I get that Howard isn't going anywhere and they like Gus as a backup while the rookie can be sent down without having to clear waivers but this is retarded.

They make everyone else coming back from injury "earn" their jobs so why not in this instance? Let me repeat, we've won 9 of 10 games and we're in 1st place!
                                So... what should they do? Trade Howard for 50 cents on the dollar? Waive Gus outright?

Or maybe... just maybe... they'll do the thing that makes the most sense and lets them keep all three in the system? This isn't exactly the situation that kept Nyquist and Tatar buried in Grand Rapids. It's not like the Wings are clinging to aging vets in goal that are providing nothing. Both Howard and Gus have been playing at a high level.

Comment

Working...
                                X