No announcement yet.

Celebrity Death Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I must be old, he died in 2011, I probably wrote RIP in this thread too!
    AAL Quintez Cephus
    If you fall during your life, it doesn't matter. You're never a failure as long as you try to get up.

Comment

• WTF? I saw this posted somewhere else today. I probably posted the same shit when he actually died, too.

Ha!
      I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by DeanUK View Post
        RIP Joe
        Originally posted by CGVT View Post
        Your memory ain't what it used to be, Marko...;)

Down goes Frazier, down goes Frazier, down goes Frazier!!! - YouTube
        Here you go boys.. You both did indeed acknowledge this the first time around. (nov 2011)
        F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• I gotta get a new catchphrase
          AAL Quintez Cephus
          If you fall during your life, it doesn't matter. You're never a failure as long as you try to get up.

Comment

• Bobbi Kristina Brown wants her mama........ took a face down bath yesterday

unfortunately it looks like this one is just a matter of time.
            The only logical explanation is:
            I'm about to die and this is my Jacob's Ladder

Comment

• Mr. Brown, where were you on the evening of Thursday, 1/30?

Please turn around and place your hands behind your head.
              19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
                Here you go boys.. You both did indeed acknowledge this the first time around. (nov 2011)
                I was in grade school during what I see as the glory days of the sport. I saw most of those great fights with Ali, Frazier, Foreman (watched his Ali fight with my father), Shavers, Norton, Lyle, etc. The '76 Olympics were unbelievable. Now watching Ali and his struggles, and what happened to guys like Quarry, you have to wonder if it was worth it. I know you can't really find cause and effect, but I have to believe the blows to the head played a significant role in their neurological problems post-boxing.

Comment

• Originally posted by DeanUK View Post
                  I gotta get a new catchphrase
                  lol
                  F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• This is sad: Dave Bergman, a member of the 1984 Detroit Tigers team, has passed away at age 61. He had been suffering from cancer.
                    Bergman had a 17-year career. He was originally drafted by the Yankees in the second round in 1974. He only had 24 plate appearances for New York before being sent to Houston in a multi-player trade following the 1977 season. He played parts of four seasons in Houston and then went to San Francisco along with Jeffrey Leonard in a 1981 trade. In March of 1984 he was part of a large trade that resulted in him — and, more famously, Willie Hernandez — arriving in Detroit from San Francisco and Philadelphia, respectively.
                    That was a key trade for the Tigers, and not just because they acquired the 1984 MVP Award winner in Hernandez. Bergman was a key part of the World Series champions, playing in 120 games — the second most he’d ever play in a season — and hitting .273/.351/.417 while handling the larger portion of the Tigers’ first base platoon (Darrell Evans played far more DH that year). Bergman would go on to play in the bigs through the 1992 season, all with Detroit. For his career he finished with a line of .258/.348/.367 in 3,114 plate appearances. And as the video embedded in this story in the Free Press shows, Bergman was also pretty adept at the hidden ball trick.
                    After he retired he remained in the Detroit area and was active in youth baseball.

Comment

• Sorry to hear this. :(

Here's the video they are referring to...haha:

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8sJ8AAKag4"]Dave Bergman Hidden Ball Trick Gets Alan Wiggins! - YouTube[/ame]
                      #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Bless you boys!
                        F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Oh, man, just saw this. RIP Bergie
                            "I ain't the type to bitch, I ain't the type to cry, I will sit at your red light and wait for your shit to go by."

Comment

• Hell of a 'stache on that man. RIP

Comment

• Key part of those Tigers teams. Way too young. Hopefully he runs into Senior Smoke, Northrup, Brinkman, Fryman, Aurelio, Cash, Gater, Fidrych, Sparky and any other Tigers from my younger days who've passed on.

RIP Dave.

Comment

Working...
                                X