Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Geezer, I don't think that is true. So many of M's programs rank very high nationally. Law, business, medical, dentistry, engineering, business all rank in the top five in the country. M continues to be a great academic school. Just their football program is sub par.
    True. I should have been more clear that I was using the overall rankings that come out in US News.

Comment

• Muhammad (TE) decides today, Sam's gut (aka inside info) says it'll be M. M didn't take a TE in last years class, so they need talent there.

Comment

• He's in.
        Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Four-star tight end Mustapha Muhammad, a 6-foot-4, 235-pound tight end from Missouri City, Texas, announced his commitment to Jim Harbaugh and the Wolverines on Friday night. He made the announcement at his high school during his Under Armour All-American ceremony.

Muhammad is the No. 109-ranked player in 247sports’ composite list and the No. 5 tight end overall.

Comment

• WM or Oracle ...... what is your view of the impact on the 2018 and '19 classes of an 8-4 season with losses to MSU, PSU, Wisconsin and OSU?

Are we engaged in any recruiting battles that might cause a "decommitt" from any recruit already verbally committed to M or targets? Muhammad, for example, getting convinced by Franklin to re-consider PSU.
            Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• My guess is that the Georgia kids are the most at risk for a flip.

Comment

• Emil Ekiyor is the one you don't want to flip because f***, this M O-line. I believe he visited Bama yesterday.
                AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• I still think we can beat Wisconsin. A potential bowl win depending on opponent, I can see M even POTENTIALLY beating the Buckeyes if everything goes right... Penn State is really good this season but M should be better next...

8-5 would hurt us in recruiting, anything better than that shouldn't effect recruiting much. I plan to update recruiting board tonight, not much new. There IS an early singing period in December which will make signing day less interesting...

Mostly only worried about Otis Reese LB from Georgia, competition is only Georgia... M should 'steal' as much as is stolen from them.

Comment

• Harbaugh's offense will hurt recruiting as much as anything. He needs to hire his own Joe Moorhead. But he won't. He's as stubborn as Bo.
                    Last edited by Rocky Bleier; October 22, 2017, 11:50 AM.
                    I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Something worth reminding M fans about is that despite what looks like poor OL development, we can't be certain it is because of coaching ..... something I think the best OLmen might consider in a decision.

I'll go back to talent's constant reminders that relationships and comfort levels with a program and the school (for some) is what recruits rely on most in making up their minds all things being equal.

I also think we assign too much value to bag men in the recruiting process. It certainly goes on but not to the extent that we mock other programs for or whine about when one of our targets flips.

Given the OL recruiting issues though, I wonder how good Hargbaugh et. al., are at establishing these relationships with OL targets compared to other programs. I've got no idea other than the end result and that result may not be due to this at all.

Comment

• 8-4 won't hurt M. Bad seasons hurt if it leads to coaching uncertainty and rhus relationship uncertainty.
                        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• It will start hurting soon. Harbaugh can no longer sell winning to the recruits and the classes will start getting picked apart left and right. I expect Emil Ekiyor to flip pretty soon. The 2018 class will finish outside of the Top 25 and the 2019 class will be marginally better after the five star recruits have wisely chosen to go play for guys who can win big instead of being extras in the coach's rap video.
                          Last edited by Hannibal; October 22, 2017, 01:28 PM.

Comment

• Losing a kid to Bama isn't an indication of loss of confidence. Ohio State may very well lose its awesome QB to Bama. It happens.

2019 will be an easy top 10 class.

Comment

• By the end of the Hoke era, we were losing kids to everyone. Harbaugh has already lost decommits to non-Alabama programs. The hemorrhaging will begin soon.

We are in even worse shape now since Hoke recruited regionally. Harbaugh doesn't. He has to get kids from out of region and he's not going to be able to do it anymore. That's the downside of a strategy that involves completely abandoning the state that gave us our last two Heisman winners.
                              Last edited by Hannibal; October 22, 2017, 01:45 PM.

Comment

• Yeah, but with Hoke it was because it was obvious he was out. HARBAUGH!!! ain't going anywhere.

Comment

Working...
                                X