No announcement yet.

Tracking former Lions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maybe now he can make it on the Lions' practice squad. After he clears waivers

Panthers cut Brad Kaaya, back down to three quarterbacks
    Posted by Darin Gantt on October 17, 2017, 8:21 AM EDT

Getty Images
    The Panthers didn?t have four quarterbacks for too long.

According to Adam Schefter of ESPN, the Panthers released quarterback Brad Kaaya.

It seemed someone was surplus to requirements when they promoted Garrett Gilbert from the practice squad yesterday, since they still had Cam Newton and Derek Anderson on hand.

Kaaya was claimed off waivers from Detroit at final cuts, but the Panthers apparently preferred Gilbert (who was in camp with them all offseason) as their developmental quarterback.

The Lions might want him back, since Matthew Stafford?s hobbling around and Jake Rudock is the only other quarterback on the roster at the moment.
    Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Futureshock View Post
      Panthers cut Brad Kaaya, back down to three quarterbacks
      Posted by Darin Gantt on October 17, 2017, 8:21 AM EDT

The Lions might want him back, since Matthew Stafford?s hobbling around and Jake Rudock is the only other quarterback on the roster at the moment.
      First thing I thought of too.
      "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• Meh. If Kaaya gets in the game, we better be up by a 50 burger. Practice squad? yes Gameday roster? hales naw
        Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

Meh. If Kaaya gets in the game, we better be up by a 50 burger.
          ......or down by 35?
          I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Nah. That's Rudock time

Comment

• The Texans also worked out wide receivers Montay Crockett and Tevaun Smith, tight ends Jason Croom, Ryan Malleck and Cole Wick and quarterback Taylor Heinicke.
              Wick is a University of the Incarnate Word product and graduated from Hallettsville Sacred Heart High School.

Comment

• Got to see Drew Stanton take to the field last night. (Near capacity crowd too ��).
                AAL Quintez Cephus
                If you fall during your life, it doesn't matter. You're never a failure as long as you try to get up.

Comment

• Originally posted by DeanUK View Post
                  Got to see Drew Stanton take to the field last night. (Near capacity crowd too ��).
                  http://m.azcardinals.com/news-and-ev...f-69f8f568293f
                  "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• Dude puts butts in seats!
                    2015 AAL - Ezekiel "Double Digit Sacks" Ansah.

Comment

• Go Crazy Legs!
                      Lions free since 6/23/2020

Comment

• Two shut outs at the London games so far, Browns next week. Hoping for the big upset obviously though!
                        AAL Quintez Cephus
                        If you fall during your life, it doesn't matter. You're never a failure as long as you try to get up.

Comment

• [ame]https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/922570220207669248[/ame]
                          Lions free since 6/23/2020

Comment

• Buccaneers sign Darryl Tapp
                            Posted by Charean Williams on October 24, 2017, 7:01 PM EDT

Getty Images
                            The Buccaneers, who rank last in the league with seven sacks in six games, signed veteran defensive end Darryl Tapp after a Tuesday workout, via Greg Auman of the Tampa Bay Times. Tampa Bay also worked out Wallace Gilberry and Owa Odighizuwa.

Tapp, 33, spent time with the Saints this season but has not played.

He has 28 career sacks in 11 seasons with Seattle, Philadelphia, Washington, Detroit and New Orleans, but only 4.5 of his sacks have come the past five years.

The Bucs announced Tuesday they waived first-year safety Isaiah Johnson, whom they promoted from the practice squad three weeks ago. They are expected to sign Johnson back to the practice squad.

Comment

• Reggie Bush reminds league he’s still out there and wants to play
                              Posted by Josh Alper on October 24, 2017, 5:37 PM EDT

Getty Images
                              In May, Reggie Bush let it be known that he hoped to continue his NFL career but didn’t find any takers as teams filled out their preseason rosters.

That’s remained the case over the first seven weeks of the regular season, but the lack of interest in his services hasn’t dimmed Bush’s interest in continuing to play.

“I want to play this year,” Bush said, via Michael Rothstein of ESPN.com. “I still feel great. I still feel like I have enough left in the tank to play at a high level, but it’s also going to come down to if there’s a need for me on certain teams. And then also, if there is a need, it’s going to have to be a good fit as well. I don’t want to go back in a situation just to go back and play. Obviously want to be in a situation where I can obviously be used the right way, be effective, all those different things.”

Bush ran 12 times for negative-3 yards for the Bills last season and became the first NFL player to finish a year with at least 10 carries resulting in negative yardage. He played five games for the 49ers in 2015 before a torn meniscus ended his season.

If Bush does not get a call this year, he says he’ll stop waiting for one and retire from football.

Comment

If Bush does not get a call this year, he says he?ll stop waiting for one and retire from football.
                                Nah...Reggie...stay by the phone for a few more years!

Have faith!

Comment

Working...
                                X