No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When the White House denies they knew Flynn was a foreign lobbyist. Remember this:

Comment

• I have to say, I'm rather impressed at DJT's ability to conspire with Russia, UK (almost certainly France -- I mean, LE PEN, c'mon) and probably a host of others. That takes some real genius and is the type of "bringing folks together" shit that is encouraging!

Also, WTF is anyone talking about Flynn? Does the media want DJT to fire him again? Or is this all building to RUSSIA AND TURKEY PUPPET!!!! ?
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
        I have to say, I'm rather impressed at DJT's ability to conspire with Russia, UK (almost certainly France -- I mean, LE PEN, c'mon) and probably a host of others. That takes some real genius and is the type of "bringing folks together" shit that is encouraging!

Also, WTF is anyone talking about Flynn? Does the media want DJT to fire him again? Or is this all building to RUSSIA AND TURKEY PUPPET!!!! ?
        Flynn? Extreme vetting, Talent. Extreme vetting.

Comment

• If you say so, dude.

Comment

• I realize he's not exactly a paramount issue. I'm just curious how he came into Trump's circle in the first place and why this 'foreign agent' stuff never came up until now.

I will not bend at the knee to your tyrannical, linesman-like attempts to censor this board, Kommissar Talent!

Comment

• Are we at the point that the NS Advisor Being an actual agent of a foreign country isn't news? Wow.
              To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Originally posted by SeattleLionsFan View Post
                Are we at the point that the NS Advisor Being an actual agent of a foreign country isn't news? Wow.
                Not if they are Republican, no. Patriotic Immunity.

Comment

• Are we at the point that the NS Advisor Being an actual agent of a foreign country isn't news? Wow.
                  I don't see the words "former" or "fired" in that statement. Unsurprising. And WOW.

Comment

• In the meantime, James Clapper unequivocally states that he has seen zero evidence of any Trump-campaign collusion with Russia, nor has anyone else.

We did not include any evidence in our report, and I say, “our,” that’s N.S.A., F.B.I. and C.I.A., with my office, the Director of National Intelligence, that had anything, that had any reflection of collusion between members of the Trump campaign and the Russians. There was no evidence of that included in our report.
                    I suppose the intelligence community could have unearthed evidence since Clapper left in late January, but, ummm, yeah. So in a campaign full of leaks and intercepted calls and contacts, this what we have to go on. Oh, and Flynn lobbied for Turkey before being appointed NSA and then fired from same position!!!!
                    Last edited by iam416; March 10, 2017, 09:50 AM.

Comment

• Buzzfeed!!!! So, you know, it has to be true (see, e.g., Trump Dossier). Complete with anonymous sources!!! https://www.buzzfeed.com/alimwatkins...2YD#.rs8zWpvRa
                      Even some Democrats on the Intelligence Committee now quietly admit, after several briefings and preliminary inquiries, they don’t expect to find evidence of active, informed collusion between the Trump campaign and known Russian intelligence operatives, though investigators have only just begun reviewing raw intelligence. Among the Intelligence Committee’s rank and file, there’s a tangible frustration over what one official called “wildly inflated” expectations surrounding the panel’s fledgling investigation.
                      And..

Those growing concerns have taken a backseat to the issue of whether enough evidence exists to threaten Trump’s presidency. Nearly all of the officials BuzzFeed News spoke with said they aren’t expecting to find that, and further, said they would be surprised if they’re able to find anything concrete enough to prosecute any of Trump’s advisers. “I don’t think any of the contacts are going to be referred,” the second official said, speaking about whether Trump’s associates could be referred to the Justice Department for prosecution for their alleged contact with Russian officials. But, the official added, if any are, it’s not likely to be campaign-related. Instead it could be “someone like Carter Page, [for] connections with a Russian businessman,” the official said.
                      Despite jurisdictional issues, Senate investigators are getting unprecedented access to raw intelligence to conduct the investigation. Just last week, the intelligence community approved a small cohort of intelligence committee staff and 15 bipartisan members of the panel to have access to Gang of Eight intelligence — material normally reserved only for the president, vice president, and eight select members of congress. “[This has] never happened before,” the third official said.

Comment

• A lot of what is fueling this is Dutch and British intelligence from after the election. I'm not saying there will be evidence unearthed, but if there was, it wouldn't necessarily be know right now. Remember, some of the evidence confirming Nixon tried to subvert the 68 peace talks to influence the election just came out now.

Comment

• I won't necessarily get hit by a bus, either. But it could happen at some point somewhere.

In the meantime, the Senate Intelligence Committee has access to what the US Intelligence Committee has access to. Whether that includes the super-awesome Dutch and British intelligence, I don't know.

What we will almost certainly see is the Russians interjecting themselves in the election most likely to damage and weaken the person they (and almost everyone in the entire world) assumed would become President. That DJT and his gang of nitwits were the happy beneficiaries of the Russians efforts to tar the would-be future president rates as almost certainly a collateral result.

At the end of the day the important and actual issue is Russian interference in the campaigns. That's the issue that ought to be addressed as it actually happened, not this unicorn thing about DJT conspiring with the Russians. But, politics be politics, so we all know what will be pursued.

Comment

• The number of people illegally crossing the U.S. southern border has dropped 40 percent in President Trump’s first full month in office, Homeland Security Secretary John Kelly said Wednesday.

for all the disasters going on in the WH, so far Trump is succeeding in illegal immigration... so far
                            Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Saw this on NRO today -- Samantha Bee -- progressive spokesperson and hero -- did a sketch on CPAC and "nazi hair" or some such thing. One of the folks mocked for nazi hair (short on the sides, long on the top -- not sure if it includes a party in the back) had his haircut because he was dealing with Stage 4 brain cancer. Good times.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post

What we will almost certainly see is the Russians interjecting themselves in the election most likely to damage and weaken the person they (and almost everyone in the entire world) assumed would become President. That DJT and his gang of nitwits were the happy beneficiaries of the Russians efforts to tar the would-be future president rates as almost certainly a collateral result.

At the end of the day the important and actual issue is Russian interference in the campaigns. That's the issue that ought to be addressed as it actually happened, not this unicorn thing about DJT conspiring with the Russians. But, politics be politics, so we all know what will be pursued.
                                Agree with this, but I don't have any issues investigating any ties or contacts between Trump and Putin's regime just to be sure there was more than convergent interests. This can be part-and-parcel to discovering what exactly the Russians did, which I agree is paramount. Well, paramount next to deciding our response...assuming Comrade Trumpski would respond. :-D

If Trump is cleared he can take (another) victory lap, and we can all sleep easier at night.

Comment

Working...
                                X